What are your thoughts on this

What are your thoughts on this

Attached: hardcore-history-52-blueprint-for-armageddon-by-dan-carlin.jpg (700x700, 99K)

Never realized how obsessed with WWI I was until I listened to this.

Not enought dead kr*uts

One of Dan’s best series. I’d listen to “American Peril,” then this, then “Ghosts of the Ostfront,” then “Destroyer of Worlds” to get a decent storyline of the Great Powers from the late 1800s to 1960.

im on episode 3 and it's great, 23 hours of WWI audio. Love some of the quotes from soldiers. The one from the christmas truce was heartwarming

>uses BCE and CE
>can't pronounce again
only major irks desu

eegeeehn

Grim as fuck.
You can only listen to "and then another thousand people died" so many times before you have to take a break.

I’ve heard him use BC/AD a couple times, I think he uses it interchangeably

yeah, but you can't really tell the story of WW1 without it sounding incredibly grim

Haven't listened yet, are you telling me he skipped the parts where the major powers held great parties for one another and exchanged gifts instead of bullets?

How is his coverage of the Eastern Front and the Middle East?

It's alright, but there's less for him to talk about because there's less available in English. The only parts he goes into big detail are the Gallipoli campaign and the Armenian Genocide.

It makes you understand why Chamberlain wanted to avoid another war.

I think which he uses just depends on which is used by that source as he doesn't paraphrase.

>its another boxing analogy

Attached: 1497398219607.jpg (469x466, 99K)

It's his best one. War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

Reminder that this is actually the best episode

Attached: hardcore-history-48-prophets-of-doom-by-dan-carlin.jpg (700x700, 135K)

At least I get why you'd use a boxing analogy in this scenario.

"and ageehn.... you gotta... you gotta just... understand... that.... by this point.... some of these ..... countries were...... yknow ..... approaching that..... breaking point .... that.... I mentioned earlier..... they could...... really only take one more...... knockout punch............. and..... at ...... at this point........... Germany.... was one of those countries"

This is his best single. You can tell he's really personally passionate about the subject, and it's such an unfamiliar story to most people it doesn't feel like retreading old ground.

kek, accurate

made me realize my passion for history, majorly shaped who I am

no arguments here

fascinating bit of history I'd never heard of