Victims of the french revolution

let's talk about people who were guillotined or murdered during the French Revolution

Attached: Nantes-drownings.jpg (800x609, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

les.guillotines.free.fr/doc.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Calas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Germany#Germanic_tribes,_750_BC_–_768_AD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostsiedlung
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Austrian_Succession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Germany_during_World_War_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

les.guillotines.free.fr/doc.htm

The Princesse de Lamballe was one of Marie Antoinette's favorites. She had been transferred from the Temple prison where she was briefly held with the royal family, and brought to the impromptu "trials" held during the September Massacres. According to a witness, she was asked to swear an oath to the nation and an oath against the king and queen. She said she would gladly swear the first, but that the second was not in her heart.

She was sent outside, where the mob awaited to either cheer those who were deemed innocent or murder those deemed guilty.

Attached: Trial of Madame de Lamballe.jpg (463x729, 95K)

Her death, as described by an eyewitness:

>There had been a pause in the murders. Something was going on inside. I told myself that it was over at last. Finally, I saw a woman appear, as white as a sheet, being helped by a turnkey. They said to her harshly: "Shout 'Vive la nation!'" "No! No!" she said. They made her climb up on a pile of corpses. One of the killers grabbed the turnkey and pushed him away. "Oh!" exclaimed the ill-fated woman, "do not harm him!"

>They repeated that she must shout "Vive la nation!" With disdain, she refused. Then one of the killers grabbed her, tore away her dress, and ripped open her stomach. She fell, and was finished off by the others. Never could I have imagined such horror. I wanted to run, but my legs gave way. I fainted. When I came to, I saw the bloody head. Someone told me they were going to wash it, curl its hair, stick it on the end of a pike, and carry it past the windows of the Temple. What pointless cruelty!

Attached: a31088505b480259480414b01e3175df.jpg (736x1124, 225K)

Her body was then cut into pieces and paraded around Paris, first past the home of the duc d'Orelans, who was the princesse's cousin. Then to the Temple prison where the royal family was being held. They wanted to bring the head, torso, and various organs of the princesse into the Temple prison and force Marie Antoinette to look at them and "kiss the lips of her favorite."

One of the guards on duty described later on how he prevented the mob from entering the complex by tying his tricolour scarf to the gate, saying that anyone who dared bust through would thereafter be defiling a symbol of the nation.

He described the scene as follows:

>Two men were dragging by the legs a naked, headless trunk slit open to the breast, its back to the ground. ... At my right, on the end of a pike, was a head which at the gesticulations of the bearer often touched my face. At my left another fiend, more horrible still, was holding in one hand pressed against me the entrails of the victim, and in the other a huge knife. Behind these a great coal-heaver was waving, suspended from a pike above my forehead, the fragment of a chemise soaked in blood and slime.

Attached: The_murder_of_the_Princess_of_Lamballe;_French_revolutionari_Wellcome_V0041543.jpg (800x1064, 1.54M)

To appease the mob, they were finally allowed into the court yard, but not the complex itself.

They brought the head to a window, hoping Marie Antoinette would see it.

The incident as described by a servant in the Temple;

>We were hardly seated before a head at the end of a pike was presented at the window. Tison's wife screamed loudly; the murderers thought it was the queen's voice, and we heard the frantic laughs of those barbarians. Thinking that Her Majesty was still at table, they had raised the victim's head so that it could not escape her sight; it was that of the Princesse de Lamballe. Though bloody, it was not disfigured; her blond hair, still curling, floated around the pike.

Attached: qatfdco1_500.jpg (500x342, 138K)

Marie Antoinette thankfully did not see the head of her friend, but she was not spared the blow of learning of her brutal murder.

From her daughter's memoir:

>The municipal guard in the room behaved well; he closed the door and window, also the curtains, so that they might see nothing. The workmen at the Temple and the jailer Rocher joined the murderers, which increased the noise. Several officers of the National Guard and some municipals arrived; the first desired that my father should show himself at the window.

>The municipals fortunately opposed this; but my father, having asked what was happening, a young officer replied: "Well, if you want to know, it is the head of Mme. de Lamballe they wish to show you." My mother was seized with horror; that was the sole moment when her firmness abandoned her. The municipals scolded the officer, but my father, with his usual kindness, excused him, saying it was not the officer's fault, but his own for having questioned him.

Attached: BMD_CPA_0328a.jpg (512x330, 126K)

Her remains, including her head were eventually turned into a municipal court and given to her family. Also turned in were the princesse's possessions, taken from the pockets of her clothing; the possessions she kept on her until her death included religious books and a lock of Marie Antoinette's hair.

The whereabouts of her bodily remains are unknown. But her head was buried in a small cemetery which was built over during the 19th century, and is today a playground.

Attached: Death-of-the-Princess-De-Lamballe-by-Leon-Maxime-Faivre (1).jpg (1024x733, 161K)

Madame du Barry, the last mistress of Louis XV. Executed for her association with the old regime, on charges of squandering the money of the French during her time as Louis XV's mistress, making "anti-revolutionary remarks," wearing black while in London to indicate mourning for Louis XVI, and hiding jewels/valuables with the intent to give them to France's enemies.

A contemporary account of her execution:

>Her behavior was by no means firm. The executioner was under the necessity of supporting her in his arms during the whole way. When she arrived at the foot of the scaffold, the two assistants of the executioner were obliged to lift her upon it. When they were on the point of fastening her to the plank, she exerted her strength and ran to the other side of the scaffold: she was soon brought back and tied; her head was immediately struck off.

According to another witness, she repeatably cried out: “One moment more! I beg you, Monsieur Executioner! One moment more!”

Attached: Madame_Dubarry1.jpg (1115x1500, 229K)

Attached: IMG_3025.png (1024x1550, 160K)

The really were a perfidious bunch

Remember kids, anarchy is a bad thing.

>Victims of the French Revolution.
The whole of Europe. Not just for Napoleon's rampage, but also for unleashing the Pandora's Box of Left/Right Austism.

Liberalism was a fucking mistake.

It's just the french taking a page out of the German's book and sperging out

When has Germany ever sperged out?

Rest in peace all the martyrs and saints that suffered the French revolution.

Any good books on them that is in favor of the monarchy?

No the "liberators" got rid of it all

Three generations of the Noailles family were executed on the same day. Madame d'Ayen's mother in law Catherine de Gosse-Brissac, Madame d'Ayen herself, and her daughter Anne. Along with about 15 other people, mostly nobles and former deputies.

From the account of a priest who was asked by the family to attend their execution to offer them comfort and prayers in their last moment:

>Madame d'Ayen mounts tenth. How happy she seems to be to die before her daughter, and her daughter not to go before her mother! When she had mounted, the chief executioner snatched off her cap; as it held by a pin, which he had not taken care to pull out, her hair, lifted up and dragged with force, caused her a feeling of pain which displayed itself in her features. The mother disappears, and her excellent and affectionate daughter takes her place.

>What are my emotions as I look at that youthful lady, dressed all in white, in appearance much younger than she was, like unto a gentle little lamb going to be slaughtered! ... That which happened ot her mother happens to her also--the same inattention to the pin, the same pain, the same expression of it, and instantly the same composure, the same--death! What a flow of blood, gushing like vermilion from head and neck!

Other members of the Noailles family had already been killed. Anne d'Arpajon, comtesse de Noailles (probably best known as the woman Marie Antoinette deemed "Madame Etiquette") was executed along with her husband about a month before these three.

Attached: 98b212665e013524a8d4a3ee44c5f9d2--the-scaffold-the-chiefs.jpg (540x560, 47K)

>robespierre and the parisian terror are representative of the entire revolution
R*yalists with their victim narrative are fucking pathetic.

Where did anyone say there? You're projecting pretty hard.

It's hard to read about what they did to that poor kid

Not quite accounts of their deaths, but this book has a collection of last letters and notes written by people condemned to the guillotine during the revolution. I could post some of them after dinner.

Attached: 6773308623.jpg (480x640, 47K)

The entire thread is geared around that friend. Reminds me of the shit with the Dauphin of France. Cherrypicking instances intentionally to reaffirm their beliefs in muh Ancien Regime.

>monarchist victimhood
Absolutely disgusting.
Revolutions are nasty things, as a result of many more nasty centuries of oppression and invented authority.

someone is triggered

>The entire thread is geared around that friend.

Wait wait wait. So if someone makes a post on a history board for discussing various people who were executed or murdered during the French Revolution, and then someone makes comments which.... discuss someone who was murdered during the French Revolution, with nothing but cold facts about what happened to her and eyewitnesses quotes, it's... somehow "MUH ANCIEN REGIME"?

You do know you're in Veeky Forums right? Where people talk about history?

A majority of the accessible eyewitness accounts for murdered and executed people are for prominent nobles and people who occupied prominent government or social positions. Those are the facts. Sorry that it makes you stamp your little feet in indignant anger, Rumpelstiltskin.

You know, when my country kicked out the British, we didn't exactly round up every loyalist and murder them. Your willingness to turn a blind or worse approving eye to hateful and spiteful mob violence directed at people who cannot defend themselves shows just how ugly a person you are. I say this as someone who is somewhat ugly in this way myself.

Guillaume-Chrétien de Lamoignon de Malesherbes (6 December 1721 – 23 April 1794),often referred to as Malesherbes, was a French statesman, minister, and afterwards counsel for the defence of Louis XVI.

He held office only nine months, during which, however, he directed his attention to the police of the kingdom, which came under his department, and did much to check the odious practice of issuing lettres de cachet. The protest of the cour des aides in 1775 (Les Remontrances) is one of the most important documents of ancien régime France. It gives a complete survey of the corrupt and inefficient administration, and presented the king with most outspoken criticism.

In December 1792, in spite of the fair excuse his old age and long retirement would have given him, he voluntarily left his asylum and undertook, with François Tronchet and Raymond Desèze, the defence of the king before the Convention, and it was his painful task to break the news of his condemnation to the king. After this effort he returned once more to the country, but in December 1793 he was arrested with his daughter, his son-in-law M. de Rosanbo, and his grandchildren, imprisoned in the Prison Port-Libre, and on 23 April 1794 he was guillotined in Paris.

Attached: b5abe97db8.jpg (1095x797, 247K)

The point is, the US had an ocean between it and europe. The French people had wanted a constitutional monarchy, but Louis was plotting an invasion of France with the Austrians, who were massing on the border

That's because you fought a secession war, not a revolution. Also, you sound like a huge faggot.

Guillaume Antoine Lemoine. A 37 year old farmer executed on November 2nd, 1793. He was declared an "enemy of France" in August 1793 because a few months prior, he--along with all of the notables in Bordeaux and the surrounding area-supported the creation of a new Committee for the Public Safety designed to keep the growing extremist of the National Convention in check, particularly in relation to the persecution of the Girondins.

He was arrested on November 2nd and executed that same day, without trial or formal charges.

His last letter, written to a friend:

>Courage, my friend, courage. My dear Duhayet, I am condemned and in a moment I shall be walking to the scaffold; take care of my father--I have been unable to write to him, be his consolation, do not leave him for a moment and both of you hasten to Bordeaux to console my sisters and to give them my farewell. Tell my father of my gratitude for all his acts of kindness to me, tell him that, proud of my innocence, I die calm, with the courage that has never deserted me. I hope my execution will appease the All Powerful, who has no doubt wanted to punish me in the world for my sins and, one day, may we see one another again in Blessed Eternity. Once more, look after my dear father, try to sweeten the bitterness that my execution will bring to his last days; his goodness and kindness are sufficient guarantee that he will never forget a son who loves and respects him. Also take care of my sisters, you know how very dear to me you all are. Farewell, my friend, do not forget me; all my best wishes, your good friend and brother, Lemoine.

The letter, like all the others delivered by Fouquier-Tournville, was never delivered.

>Louis was plotting an invasion of France with the Austrians, who were massing on the border

He wasn't. In all his correspondence, even the letters used to condemn him from the infamous armoire, there is no suggestion that he was plotting an invasion of France--much less with the Austrians. He repeatedly denounced the emperor and his brothers for raising armies against his country.

Also the French people "wanted a constitutional monarchy," but then when Louis XVI exercised the rights given to him by that constitutional monarchy, he was threatened with violent mobs.

Guess what? All that bloodshed and France wound up getting invaded anyway.

Semantic quibbling and what precisely does disdain for mass murder of unarmed persons have to do with faggotry?

Man the French Revolution really went to shit fast

The French Revolution: When Retards Attack

He was caught fleeing to the Austrians, he was in correspondence with them.

This destroyed any position he had with the people of France and encouraged the radicals to take control of the revolution.

By exercising his right to flee he crystallized the revolution into a bloody rampage.

48 BC - 1945 AD

His sister was guillotined as well. She sentenced to house arrest around the same time her brother was arrested, then transferred to prison in April of 1794 and finally condemned for "plots and conspiracies against the Revolution" in May of 1794. She was tried and condemned en mass without about 20 others and, like other trials in this time period, she was not allowed to consult with a lawyer or speak on her behalf without being given permission, and no evidence (spoken or tangible) was required for her condemnation.

Her initial arrest was because of her her familial association: her family's long history in service of the monarchy, her brother's defense of the king, and the fact that the king's confessor was seen visiting her home after the king's execution.

She was 76 years old at the time of her death. This portrait was done when she was in her 30s or 40s.

Attached: 68.173.jpg (530x636, 275K)

You're going to have to be a little more specific

>You know, when my country kicked out the British, we didn't exactly round up every loyalist and murder them.
You now realize the bloody revolutionary purges are nation earned for over throwing its sovereign were simply deferred to the Civil War, and that Republicanism is the direct ancestor of Communism, right down to the red flag which was originally a Republican symbol.

Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier, a chemist who profoundly contributed to the development of chemistry. "The father of modern chemistry," as he is often called. He held a 6-year ferme générale post; aka, a tax collector who was allowed to keep fees as their income. In November 1793, the Convention decreed that all former fermiers généraux were to be arrested and were condemned to death of "defrauding the nation of the huge sums necessary to wage the war against the despots in coalition against the republic."

Although a committed dedicated to preserving French arts and sciences made a report declaring that "Citizen Lavoisier deserves to be placed among the men whose work, in pushing back the boundaries of human knowledge, have done most to advance the arts and glory of the Nation," he was condemned to death.

One of his last letters, written in prison before he was brought to trial, was to his wife:

>I have had quite a long career and, above all, a happy one and I believe my memory will be accompanied with some glory> What more could I wish for? The events in which I find myself caught up will probably spare me the inconveniences of old age. I shall die in perfect health, and that is one advantage that I must count among the many that I have enjoyed. ... I am writing to you today because I shall probably not be allowed to do so again and it is a sweet consolation for me to concern myself with you and those dear to me in these last moments.

>He was caught fleeing to the Austrians, he was in correspondence with them.

He was not fleeing to Austria. He was fleeing to Montmedy, a stronghold in the countryside which left him in close enough contact to rural (and more royalist) France and--if need be--close enough to the border to send his wife and children to safety if they were in peril. In his correspondence from the planning period for the flight to Montmedy, he rejected the short-cut (which his brother Provence used, and escaped the country with) that took him briefly across the French border because he did not want to be seen as fleeing France.

him and his wife

Attached: 690px-Jacques-Louis_David_-_Portrait_of_Antoine-Laurent_and_Marie-Anne_Lavoisier_(detail)_-_WGA06060 (690x600, 80K)

>is a traitor and an enemy of the nation
>people give her a chance to renounce her treachery
>she refuses and gets mangled
Seems about right. Cry me a river, monarchist plebs.

>the eternal mutt

So sick of this shit. Fuck this board. Every time someone has a differing opinion or says something dumb it's right to "the eternal mutt."

>if you don't like being ruled by inbred mutts you must be an american

>being a republican shill

You deserve everything coming to you, mutt.

>says something dumb
If you admit to being a moron why do you continue to post?

Oh shit he's mutting out!!!

>being a monarchist
How does it feels like to be a fucking fossil? How does it feel to be rulled by a select band of inbred internationalist ubermutts that sees you as property?

differing opinion?
you mean the differing opinion that it is totally acceptable to maim and mutilate a young woman because you're poor? because that is such a moronic opinion that can only sincerely be spouted by a pampered 14 year old who's never seen a woman die on a website where no one can see your real identity
why the fuck should I show someone like that respect? at all? theyve proven themselves unworthy of a conversation in their first few words
but more importantly, youre on Veeky Forums, take the bantz or fucking hang your worthless self, no one here wants you

uh.... that sounds pretty reasonable tbhfam

Louis-Marthe de Gouy d'Arsy. A brigadier-general who was one of the few nobles to willingly join the Third Estate in signing the Tennis Court Oath and to support the abolishing of noble privileges. Arrested in 1794 on charges of "calculated in activity" and supporting the marquis de Lafayette. He was executed during the prison purges of summer 1794.

His last letter, written to his wife, is too long to quote in full. But it is one of, if not the, the most beautiful in the book:

>Here I admit, to the shame of human weakness, but to the glory of my heart, that all my physical strength desserts me. My moral faculties are destroyed, tears flood my face; and because I feel so much, it seems to me that I have ceased to be, before suffering death. This state of nothingness and pain is horrible; the yearnings I feel are frightful ... to leave my family, to be separated for ever from my dear companion, to be far away from my dear children, to abandon all that in the flower of my age, without accident, without glory, without disease, to be in full possession of my faculties to appreciate what I am losing, all my affections to know what I am leaving, all my senses to struggle against the mortal stroke that is to separate me from the living, all that, my dear, is more than I can bear and is killing me in advance ...

>So conjugal love, which has brought me so much delight, now causes all my pain! Thus fatherhood, which has brought me so many sweet moments, now gives me so many regrets! And one cannot leave it! And yet, in a few moments, I shall be in another world! Oh My God, where shall I find the strength to undertake such a journey.

>Oh, my God! Forgive mankind, surrounded by weakness and woe. And you, my dear wife, be comforted; I summon up all my courage to offer you the homag eof all that remains of my virtue: farewell, receive my lass kiss ... My body perishes, my soul flies up, my heart does not leave you, it could never leave you.

Attached: Louis-Marthe_de_Gouy_d'Arsy_(Voyez,_Malbeste_&_Moreau,_1789-1791)_2.jpg (609x599, 174K)

The Revolution was 100% justified, the Jacobins did nothing wrong and all the traitors fucking deserved what they got. The guillotine was a far quicker and more humane method of execution than the corrupt, decadent, bloated Ancien Regime's torturous barbarism.

The Republic was literally at war with every imperial power in Europe at once, it was beset from within and from all sides by monarchists and reactionaries baying for the return of the traitor king's kin to the throne. It was an incredibly dark and desperate time for the Republic and they did what they had to do to preserve Liberty.

Attached: da fuck this monarcuck tryin ta say.jpg (2465x3707, 1.81M)

Well only Americans think monarchist is an insult.

>Chopping off heads and letting a mob mutilate bodies is humane

Well, you subscribe to being a slave/property of inbred internationalist mutts. I'd say it's an insult.

>>Chopping off heads
Yep, a quick and painless death. Quite humane.

>letting a mob mutilate bodies
So? They're already dead.

you realize a lot of those people to be "painlessly executed" were not monarchists but former revolutionaries

I don't think anyone laments the genera liberal values of the republics constitution, what people criticize is the absolute uncontrollable madness that people said, even at the time, was causing the revolution to "devour her children"

also the republic was at war with other powers partially by their own wishes, georges danton said he thought they had the right to tell other nations they COULDN'T have kings and greatly approved of the war until his head was chopped off

I don't realize any such thing, southern autism was it's own separate madness.

100% of those killed up til Robespierre's execution deserved it

She was condemned before she went outside. They wanted to make her say vive la nation to humiliate her. Also, no one deserves to be brutally murdered for refusing to say "vive la nation." The princesse de Lamballe was not a "traitor and an enemy of the nation," and you saying that shows a serious lack of understanding of the time period, people, and events in question.

Although if you're going to samefag with your edgy "hurrr monarchist FUCKKKS" in this thread, at least have the brains to change up your format.

danton and desmoulins desrved it?

Nobles aren't people, so there were no victims. That'd be like saying there were victims of the Bolshevik revolution.

Nah, he had it coming too because of the supreme being cult memes.

Attached: reconstructed-face-of-robespierre-acc-to-philippe-froesch.jpg (1000x580, 80K)

Almost as if not everyone was in it for freedom, but rather some people simply wanted to ride the waves of chaos towards personal gain and were willing to corrupt the Republic. And yes, the monarchies of Europe were massing their armies in the Austrian Netherlands in order to strike at the Republic.

>the guillotine is brutal and inhuman-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Calas

Attached: CalasChapbook.jpg (531x409, 278K)

Definitely Danton for his financial corruption and exploiting the revolution for his gain

Yep. More specifically, about 85% of the people executed from 1792-1794 were members of the (former) Third Estate.

seeyou can call them traitors, monarchists, emigres, or whichever political club you wanted, but in the end if the point was to purge the corrupt elites, the guillotine missed its mark.

>remains loyal to former monarch (a traitor of the republic)
>gets executed as a traitor
Name one thing wrong with this,outside of the "muh period muh ppl" non-arguments.

the one thing wrong is you've misapplied the term "traitor"
but the post you replied to already said that, you just weren't listening

>And yes, the monarchies of Europe were massing their armies in the Austrian Netherlands in order to strike at the Republic.

Because the Republic declared war on all of Europe and made declarations saying they intended to "free" Europe from monarchy invade and destroy other country's governments. But how dare those countries amass an army to fight against the French Republic.

It's applied properly. How else do you call disloyalty towards the ruling regime?

She was not executed because she was a "traitor." Her death was set in stone, before she stepped outside, before she even stepped into the 'tribunal' room. When she was transferred to La Force, her name was given a red check--a mark not given to any of the other women or prisoners held there. She was pulled out of prison because of that mark. She was executed because she was a former noble and favorite of Marie Antoinette, not because of what she said or didn't say in front of the "judges" who took part in the September Massacres. You know they were called the September Massacres, right? I only check because you don't seem to have even the slightest grip on the events of the revolution.

No one deserves to be executed for not saying "vive la nation." No one deserves to be executed for being the friend of a former queen. Nothing in her actions was traitorous. You can keep stretching the goal post all you want--"oh she was loyal to a monarch, traitor, traitor!" but you just sound increasingly autistic for it.

>How else do you call disloyalty towards the ruling regime?
The irony is palpable

well I believe in a person right to free speech, meaning she is allowed to voice her support or nonsupport of the nation without being tried/executed, you fucking insane child

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Germany#Germanic_tribes,_750_BC_–_768_AD
>uncultured swine pillage and rape higher civilisations for ~1000 years

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostsiedlung
Krauts rape pillage their way across Eastern Europe

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
>Krauts rape and pillage over minute religious differences (fortunately mainly each other for once)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Austrian_Succession
>Krauts start shit that leads to the seven years war

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Germany_during_World_War_I
>literally ruin Europes golden age

DUBYA DUBYA II
>needs no explanation

and this isnt even the half of it

>Her death was set in stone, before she stepped outside
>She was executed because she was a former noble and favorite of Marie Antoinette, not because of what she said or didn't say in front of the "judges" who took part in the September Massacres
Nice assumptons.

>No one deserves to be executed for not saying "vive la nation."
>No one deserves to be executed for being the friend of a former queen.
Nice opinions.

>Nothing in her actions was traitorous.
Except no swearing allegiance to the state and declining to denounce known traitors she was associated with (the king/queen).

All in all, you sound pretty biased.

lol you sound like books longer than two hundred pages scare you

People did not always go stoically, or even sadly. Some, especially those who were condemned with friends, spent their last moments laughing.

A policeman recalled on such execution:

>When one of the executioner's assistants held out his hand to Agathe Jolivet, to help her up onto the cart, she grasped it, leapt up the few steps at one go and, against all expectations, laughingly threw her arms around Sanson's assistant. Faverolles, Bonnefoy and another condemned man, Dutremblay, burst out laughing in turn, which much displeased the onlookers, who began to shout in chorus: 'To the guillotine! To the guillotine!' Turning to one of them, Faverolles replied: 'Go on! It'll be your turn soon enough!' and Bonnefoy added 'Perhaps tomorrow!'

Another witness recalled of that same group:

>On the court, [Agathe] talked ot her lover Faverolles, who did his best to laugh and in such a manner that one might have thought that she was going to dine with him at Saint-Cloud. She often brought Bonnefoy and Dutremblay into the conversation and they seemed to take a very active part in it. As they got out of the cart, they all four embraced one another and took leave of one another with strangely free and affectionate gestures.

>How else do you call disloyalty towards the ruling regime?

So all revolutionaries deserved to die too, right?

>I believe in a person right to free speech
This is very nice of you. Too bad the 1791 constitution contained nothing like that.

You didn't answer the question, though.

Based.

>Because the Republic declared war on all of Europe and made declarations saying they intended to "free" Europe from monarchy invade and destroy other country's governments.
A just and noble goal.

>ad hominem
>emotional reasoning

Attached: 1508302132546.png (645x729, 70K)

>appealing to the authority of a docyment that lasted two years
holy shit kid you are something else

>does not read

>Nice assumptons.

Facts are "assumptons" now! I'll give you a hint when it comes to actually knowing what you're talking about: you have to read. You have to read books. You have to read primary sources. You have to actually read.

All in all, you sound like an autistic sperglord who hasn't read anything about the revolution and came in this thread to cry like the little baby-eating fairy tale creature you are.

>applying your personal subjective beliefs to historical events
Hyperpleb.

And here I thought Germans were the posterboy for autism

Another one. Jean-Jacques Durand ,a former mayor.

The police report of his execution:

>Ready to bear the penalty for his crimes, he began to laugh, repeating over and over: "Farewell, my brothers!" The onlookers replied: "To the guillotine!" And he went on laughing.

>Come to Veeky Forums to learn
>Get sad

>Too bad the 1791 constitution contained nothing like that

Did you just google "French Revolution" and skim for a buzzword to use? You absolutely did, wow. Because if you're going to say that you're using the 1791 as the basis for whether or not someone is deemed a traitor...

>The civic oath is: I swear to be faithful to the nation, to the law, and to the King, and to maintain with all my power the Constitution of the kingdom, decreed by the National Constituent Assembly in the years 1789, 1790, and 1791.

Hmm... what does that say? To the nation, to the law and... to the King?

You're also applying a 1791 Constitution to the post-monarchy 1792 massacres, which were not official trials and were not officially sanctioned by the government. These tribunals, in any case, violated the 1791 Constitution which prohibited the same legal body being both judge and executioner.

Not the point. The point is you said they were raising armies, leaving out the context of WHY.

>Facts are "assumptons"
>"Almost all women prisoners tried before the tribunals in La Force were freed from charges"
You can't really know what the court would've ruled if she'd denounced the king, though. You just assume based on nothing.

I'm sorry

Attached: 1516294350904.jpg (1776x1000, 784K)

hahaha what are you even saying you stupid shit
I swear you cunts are offended that people who read are smarter than you, like just pick up a book nigga, read, then you can cite something hen you spout your trite bullcrap
or I guess just greentext reply to this

>citing imagination
holy god