"Philosophy is dead" - Stephen Hawking

>At Google's Zeitgeist Conference in 2011, Hawking said that "philosophy is dead". He believed that philosophers "have not kept up with modern developments in science" and that scientists "have become the bearers of the torch of discovery in our quest for knowledge". He said that philosophical problems can be answered by science, particularly new scientific theories which "lead us to a new and very different picture of the universe and our place in it".[311]

Is he right?

Attached: C07126BD-634F-414F-8E64-EB8E7DB5DA39.jpg (900x900, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2jGy76v0Y'
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. We should ask neil 'smokes the grass' tyson and bill 'fuck your best friend's asshole' nye for advice in the deeper meanings of life

kek

Attached: image.jpg (548x618, 76K)

>this is what anglos actually believe

That's retarded, disregarding the fact that his statement is a philosophical arguement and can't be proven using the scientific method it's still retarded.
>Philosophy is dead, science can answer everything
>except ethical questions
>And aesthetic questions
>And religious questions
>And any metaphysical question

>Stephen Hawking at a Google conference spoke some bullshit about his infallible god aka the Scientific Method

Why do STEMniggers feel so confident in making these sorts of grand proclamations about fields they haven't even begun to look at?

>Hawking is a brilliant man, but he's not an expert in what's going on in philosophy, evidently. Over the past thirty years the philosophy of physics has become seamlessly integrated with the foundations of physics work done by actual physicists, so the situation is actually the exact opposite of what he describes. I think he just doesn't know what he's talking about. I mean there's no reason why he should. Why should he spend a lot of time reading the philosophy of physics? I'm sure it's very difficult for him to do. But I think he's just… uninformed.
Tim Maudlin calling him a tard.

Well the humanities have definitely been taken over by political ideologues pushing an agenda, so make of that what you will.

>lead us to a new and very different picture of the universe and our place in it
What's with this meme? The only changes science has brought about to human self-conception have been profoundly negative.
>Darwinism encouraged nihilism, discouraged belief in God and the greater good, and demoted humans from a special community of people with a destiny to glorified monkeys motivated primarily by sex
>Psychiatry and pharmaceuticals led to the rise of "mental health" which convinced many people that they need harmful drugs to be "normal"
>Nuclear power showed humanity that progress is as much a danger as it is a blessing

No, and the same can be said viceversa.

Scientists are weird folk. They're the ones claiming that mathematical equations are platonic objects(Brian Greene) and time "isn't real" and yet academic philosophers are depicted as quacks.

Well there's different kinds of time. And we don't know if it's real.

Is he in hell?

No. He's dead and his body is either going to be put in a coffin or cremated and the ashes put in an urn.

Stop listening to pop sci.

This. People taking pop sci (and pop philosophy for that matter) seriously are to using their brain as girl gamers are to video games.

He is dead, and philosophy still survives.

*jordan peterson screeching in the distance*

Who's that? I've heard his name thrown around but I don't follow ecelebs.

Meme-Tier philosopher who's mostly e-famous for telling soc-jus faggots to fuck off with their Identity Politics bullshit.

Super generic, boring classical liberal which for some reason triggers SJWs to the point they call him a nazi

rip hawking

He isn't philosopher and never claimed being one. He's psychiatrist.

I'm almost certain that Hawking despised both of them (especially nye). They were really complete opposites.

Leaf Psychologist who dabbles in philosophy and triggered SJWs because he spoke out against Canadian gender pronoun laws as violations of free speech and refused to use them.

When was the last time Hawking was useful?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2jGy76v0Y'

F

His most famous debate was against a Zizek quote bot on Twitter.

(he lost)

>Tim Maudlin
>"""philosopher of science""" lol
Another tard.

Not really. He just believed his own hype.