Inuit

Does anyone know much of them?
I want to know their culture

Attached: 600px-Inuktitut_dialect_map.svg.png (600x537, 119K)

Imagine Chicago-tier crime and poverty but also make it so it's freezing cold most of the year.

They drink a lot.

Their entire existence is funded by Canadian tax payers.

Murderous dug-addict snowchinks who brutally slaughtered the native Icelanders of southern Greenland

Sure is /pol/ in here

Which one of these statements is incorrect?

I thought Inuit was just one tribe and Eskimo was a better term?

All of them

Inuit is the preferred term. Lots of folks, especially in Canada, see Eskimo as a racial slur.

t. Inuk

To elaborate, "Inuit" doesn't refer to the Yupik in Alaska, so Eskimo is used as a catchall. Inuit don't like that. Eskimo is an Innu word (Algonquin peoples). Some people think its mean "raw meat eater", which is why they say its racist, but there's no real agreement on what it actually means.

>All of them

How do you think Eskimos can afford to buy $10,000 snowmobiles in a region where there are literally no jobs?

How do you expect them to go hunt without a snowmobile. There are no roads in most of those towns. How do you get around in the Winter without one?

Thanks, had heard some confusing things on the term. This helps.

>In 1771 King George III of England gave a land grant to the Moravian Church to establish missions for the local Inuit in northern Labrador. In the 18th century, Jens Haven and his followers built missions at Nain (1771), Okak (1776) and Hopedale (1782). These missions also served as trading posts. Later on, other Moravian settlements were established at Hebron (1830), Zoar (1865), Ramah (1871), Makkovik (1896) and Killinek (1904).

>Money and personnel to run the infrastructure was provided by the Unity Mission Board in Saxony and the Niesky Mission Training School. However, this assistance was hampered by the effects of World War I and the devastation of the German economy. In 1918, an outbreak of Spanish influenza struck Okak, killing 161 out of a population of 220.

>Okak was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1978, due to the former Moravian mission and the existence of sixty archaeological sites in the area, dating from 5550 BCE and representing of habitation from Maritime Archaic to Labrador Inuit.[2]

Over 70% of your town dead in year.

Attached: okak_graveyard.jpg (596x383, 38K)

Most of the missionaries who arrived in Northern Labrador were German Moravians. As a result, the locals adopted some German traditions, such as brass bands. Germanic names are still common in these towns today.

Attached: nain_brass_band.jpg (900x506, 80K)

Hebron, another abandoned Inuit village in Labrador.

Attached: Hebron_Mission.jpg (565x379, 42K)

Attached: Hebron, Labrador.jpg (968x648, 194K)

>Dem Norsemen wus dead wen we found dem, we dindu nuffin

t. Kalaqquuiit Jensen

>How do you expect them to go hunt without a snowmobile. There are no roads in most of those towns. How do you get around in the Winter without one?

How did they do it before Canadians tax payers picked up the check?

Dog teams mostly. The problem is they were nomadic back then. They weren't tied down to settlements that are often very far from hunting grounds.

I prefer to use arctic tribes as a general term, but I guesws that's not a good way of handling it either since it sounds like it includes finno-ugrics and ainu.

i know they eat the sea doggo