How do godcucks defend this?

>And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD: "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

>Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

>When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break."

>"My father," she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry."

>"You may go," he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed.

Judges 11:30-39

Attached: mfw godcucks.gif (250x355, 1.34M)

>Emma Roberts will never domestically abuse you
why live

Well to be fair, a deal is a deal , maybe he shouldn't have been so vague man , old testament god can be a jerk , but this seems fair

Attached: 1515932116841.jpg (787x787, 97K)

wtf i hate god now

I'm surprised you didn't post Job instead

>Isaiah 45:9
ggwp no rematch

It's almost like the story has a moral of not making reckless vows or something WOAH

>setting your daughter on fire because you successfully genocided the neighbouring tribe
>fair

what the fuck else would come out of your front door to greet you other than a family member? He deserved it for being a fucking mongoloid

It's like Christians are so dumb their entire religion is based off of a children's story book with simple morals. WOAH.

He clearly was looking for a reason to bump off his wife, who was presumably getting AMMONED.

hmmmmmmmm i wonder where ive heard this tale before....

Lots of ways. The main one is to say that he was wrong to sacrifice her, since if you make a promise to God to do something sinful, obviously he would prefer you to break it. This isn't untenable but also isn't well supported by the text, since neither God nor the narrator offers any comment on the morality of the situation. Less convincingly, some argue that he didn't actually sacrifice her but only made her serve in the temple or something. And then there are a few who will bite the bullet and say yeah, he had to accept the consequences of his reckless vow and sacrifice his daughter.

For an example of Yahweh explicitly demanding human sacrifice (in this case 32 people) and not going back on it, see Numbers 31:25-41.

>find out you're going to be burned alive
>"Oh no! If that happens, I'll never get married!"

ok lady

Most christians "defend" this by simply saying that the old testament is mostly just a history of the jews. Hence you shouldn't take it as being a guide to proper living or an example of things the christian god finds acceptable.

>he hasn't read the books of proverbs, ecclesiastes, and job
>he doesn't realize the bible is about loving and obeying god

>aware that we are all going to die eventually
>regrets not finding happiness in marriage instead
pretty mature lady imo

The bible in its entirity is the word of god. Anyone who disregards any part of the bible is not a christian and not saved.

This. It flat out says in the NT not to make any oaths in that way. The Cathars wouldn't make ANY vows or promises as a result, maybe they took it too far.

Set aside what, up to this point, you have read from those who seek to discredit,
and those who have no ability to discern.

Jephthah was born of a whore and cast out of his village by his brothers.
He became renown as a brave warrior; he answered the call at time of war,
and, was rewarded with the restoration of his place in society.
The Sacrifice that was made here, that is,
The Burnt Offering was to sear closed his line...
His lineage which would flow through his only daughter.
This is why she mourned her virginity.
Jephthah made a true sacrifice that is still recognized today,
He sacrificed, after the restoration of his family, the dynasty that could follow for a Judge to be King.
It was the vow of a Nazirite taken to the extreme.
His daughter becomes a Virgin consecrated to the Lord.

...and to be sure you know:
I am not a God Cuck, as you say,
whatever the hell that is.
I study occult and esoteric material,
which does include the Bible, and
Defend it from Idiots like you -
Who have no ability to understand the context.

I hate you Faggots so much.

Attached: 30117005-chinese-guardian-lion-ball-closeup.jpg (300x450, 38K)

History-Bump for the Faggot Op who spewed this Shit.

Attached: 185.gif (200x150, 221K)

That's your opinion as a fundementalist retard who thinks that both other christians along with the entire modern scientific establishment are in league with satan.

Your opinion is asinine.

>Pr*testants believe the Bible should be taken literally
>Meanwhile Catholic doctrine states the Bible is a book full of metaphors, parables, and literary devices, inspired ny God through revelation but not supposed to be taken literally
Not my fault that your parents chose to follow the heretical deviation of some G*rman autist, OP

Attached: 1517772020567.jpg (960x720, 72K)

Genesis 19:31-35

>>Meanwhile Catholic doctrine states the Bible is a book full of metaphors, parables, and literary devices, inspired ny God through revelation but not supposed to be taken literally
No it doesn't you fucking heretic.

I never thought deeply about this but clearly this is the only possible explanation, I don't see how that vow could have ended in anything but a human sacrifice unless he keeps goats in his house or something.
Also he should have maybe mentioned the vow to his family or something before leaving.

Why did this make me laugh uncontrollably? I'm 30 fucking years old FFS

Attached: 1426297850724.jpg (193x182, 21K)

>children's story book with simple morals.
>t. never read ecclesiastes

>he hasn't read any good children's book
>he doesn't realize children's books are about loving and obeying your parents
really, the bible probably loses flat out in the literary department

>The main one is to say that he was wrong to sacrifice her, since if you make a promise to God to do something sinful, obviously he would prefer you to break it.
If you make a deal with God you better fucking follow through on your end of the deal or he will wreck your shit until you do, that's pretty clear from all the other stories. It's also pretty clear that God wasn't entirely unhappy about the deal because he delivered the Ammonites into his hands rather than the other way around. If God wanted to show his displeasure at the reckless vow he probably did so precisely by making his daughter go out first to teach him a lesson. Finally if God objected to the sacrifice he could have pulled the old Isaac switcheroo.
In short, it may be a cautionary tale about reckless vows or thinking you can easily direct God to your advantage like he's a genie in a lamp or a war elephant or something, but it's not one against sacrificing your daughter.

"Believing that the word of god being perfect is wrong"
you are literally going to hell

Along with Op, you are all literally Faggots.
Read explanation Faggots.

Attached: 1515963510997.jpg (400x246, 32K)

t. ye that work iniquity

I'm sorry, I don't bother with schizophrenic ramblings.

If you died today do you know if you would go to heaven?

More Faggots.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 4K)

List of Faggots

Modern day Jews, Christians, Catholics, Faggots, Atheists are all alike.

Just a bunch of Faggots.

Yeah but you the butthurt autist is above all that with your sperg outbursts right?

>saved
Better start doing some good deeds. Getting """saved""" is not enough to enter the Kingdom of Heaven

Heres your (You)

Reminds of a story from the Mahabharata. Arjuna won Draupadi as his wife at an archery competition. He came home excited and said "Mother, guess what I've won?". His mother responded, "Whatever it is you must share it with your brothers". Since she couldn't go back on her word Draupadi ended up with five husbands.

Attached: image.jpg (904x1231, 376K)

Yahweh is the Canaanite war god. He conquered all other gods before him.

Re-read the bible knowing this and it will make more sense. The Jews adopted him as their patron god in order to conquer through his will, but he requires real sacrifice, as does their other patron god of the Canaanite pantheon...

>Moloch.

do people still believe in god or is it ironic

Your threats of torment in a place that doesn't exist outside your iron age fairy tales means nothing to me. That aside, your fellow christians that you stupidly insist are not christians are not saying that said book of fairy tales is wrong exactly, they simply think parts of it should be interpreted different then you and your fellow fundamentalist retards interpret it.

"Faggot" is not a proper noun, faggot.

Its not my threat. Its gods promise. And the bible is gods word. How can you consider yourself saved without taking the bible seriously and literally.

I don't consider myself anything with regards to the superstitions you believe in other then completely apathetic.

>>gods word
You have zero supporting evidence for this claim worth anything more then your own flatulence.

Theres just about thousands of years of history. If a day comes that you realize a fear of god for your eternal soul you only have to confess with your mouth and believe with your heart that jesus christ the son is god and he died on the cross as a sacrificial lamb for our sins. Awknowledge that you are a sinner and deserve hell and repent. Do this and eternal life through jesus christ is yours

Only through faith can you achieve salvation

>that one verse where god couldn't defeat the hill people because they had iron chariots

hahaha what a cuck

The actual redpill is realizing that the old testment is just the jews writing down their stories about their god of war. Their shit went too far so eventaully they just only started worshipping a god of war

also since every religion was too retarded to write their shit down basically judaism won in the long run since the were the only people who wrote shit down about their god thus people thought the jewish war god was the only god

basically the bible is just the jews owning the media 3000 years ago

>the were the only people who wrote shit
This is the most retarded shit I've read in the entire three years I've been posting on Veeky Forums.

Most Ancient peoples since the time of the Sumerians recorded their Gods and holy texts. Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Hittites, Persians, etc... they all had sacred texts and monuments with vast descriptions of their Gods and religions practices.

The reason Christianism won over the Roman crowds is because:
1. Globalization of the Mediterranean world led to new monotheistic cults becoming popular. Zoroastrianism, Sol Invictus, Mithraism all paved the way for Christianity.

2. Nero's hobby of executing Christians in the Colosseum. The Christians were so passionate they'd rather die than renounce their beliefs. It's literally where the word "martyr" comes from. This greatly impressed the Roman crowds, spreading the faith.

3. The conversion of Helena, wife of the Emperor Constantine, ensured it would become the Roman State religion.

tl;dr - FUCK OFF BACK TO /pol/

Attached: c-max-_2ZK-2MHRbqxchJArASM-w.jpg (750x500, 66K)

>This is the most retarded shit I've read in the entire three years I've been posting on Veeky Forums.

Where's the Bible for pagan gods then? Oh that's right, there isn't one. There's only a few scattered books and writings you have to haphazardly gather yourself. You can't pick up a Pagan Bible.

Attached: 1521191898981.jpg (405x399, 19K)

>There's only a few scattered books and writings you have to haphazardly gather yourself.
The Bible was also "a bunch of scattered writings" retard. The idea of putting it all together into a single book is not Jewish, but Roman, in the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD.

Attached: 1805486.1024.jpg (1024x1024, 63K)

>The Bible was also "a bunch of scattered writings" retard.
But the Torah aka old testament was put into one source 1000 years before that.

Attached: 1520797318250.jpg (846x1024, 59K)

>But the Torah aka old testament was put into one source 1000 years before that.
You mean back when it was oral tradition? It only became written text in 400 BC.

Torah is not the Old Testament, that would be the Tanakh and some canons of the Old Testament include books like those of Maccabees which were written around 100BCE and the compilation of the classic texts (Pentateuch, Prophets and such) was only during and after the Babilonian exile.

>conversion of Helena, wife of the Emperor Constantine
She was his mother pal.

Yeah sorry I meant mother. I'm at work, mutitasking is a bitch.

>But the Torah aka old testament was put into one source 1000 years before that.

Attached: dude, stop.jpg (500x265, 30K)