Were the residents of prussian gdansk/konigsberg/etc. germans or poles...

were the residents of prussian gdansk/konigsberg/etc. germans or poles? did prussians consider themselves separate from both? my understanding is that these cities were completely german, but those germans have now almost 100% left the cities for america or western germany—is this the case? were these cities always german before their recent expulsion/exodus?

Attached: Messages Image(3846276095).png (686x508, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Königsberg#Poles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Poles_in_Königsberg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop making these threads you Poleshit.

not related to the other threads and not polish. i happen to be german, but am more interested in the cultural milieu kant, etc. grew up in

>I Happen to be German
>Uses Polish names for cities can't even spell Königsberg properly also uses Polish maps

Yeah sure "German". I know you're Polish and made this thread just to summon Poleshits to spams their wiki articles and maps. It's getting tiresome already, fuck off.

Autism at its peak.

listen faggot. i was born in south america and dont live in germany. i dont know anything about it, that's why im asking. get ahold of yourself—that's just the names and maps on wikipedia

So go open a wiki article and read on demographics you cretin. No one is going to spoon feed you.

>were the residents of prussian gdansk/konigsberg/etc. germans or poles?
>my understanding is that these cities were completely german
The demographics of East Prussia changed so much over the centuries that you can't make sweeping generalisations like this, especially when you're dealing with such a complex mix of Germanic, Baltic and Slavic peoples. But the general trend was gradual Germanisation over time, especially in the cities. For example by the early 20th Century 95% of Danzig was German. Another example is Allenstein which was 89% German in 1910 while the surrounding area was only 40% German.
>those germans have now almost 100% left the cities for america or western germany—is this the case?
Not really for America, but yes they're gone.

do you know any good texts about the region—have you read 'iron kingdom'?

Haven't read it, sorry.

almost everyone identified themselves as prussian

anecdote: there was one noble who considered himself to be prussian, hated germans and the only language he knew was polish

What the fuck
Did you get bumraped by Poles or something

>were these cities always german before their recent expulsion/exodus?

Attached: Danzig ist Deutsch!.png (289x611, 32K)

Go back to /pol/, we are in Veeky Forums, poletards...

Answer: no.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)
#Massacre_records
#Destruction_of_the_town

Attached: Gdańsk_Massacre_of_Polish_inhabitants_by_Teutons_(Germans).jpg (1228x1680, 609K)

Attached: Polen_960-992.png (1037x1024, 994K)

>were the residents of prussian gdansk/konigsberg/etc. germans or poles?
In the 17th century in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Królewiec aka Konigsberg was 35-40% Polish.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Königsberg#Poles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Poles_in_Königsberg

Attached: Polish-Lithuanian_commonwealth2.jpg (920x838, 289K)

>did prussians consider themselves separate from both?
It's complicated, more Protestant (German) vs Catholic (Polish).

Attached: 1475617933028.png (1058x1241, 98K)

Poland creating Prussia in 1525 as its Polish vassal was a mistake.
>The Prussian Homage (by Jan Matejko, 1882, National Museum, Kraków): Albert receives eastern Prussia as a fief from King Sigismund I of Poland in 1525.

Attached: HOŁD-PRUSKI-180x96-150x80-120x64.jpg (1984x989, 2.13M)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)
So it had been German for over 600 years by the twentieth century?

It was founded and inhabited by Poles. Owned by Poland for 670+ years. That's longer than any unified German state existed ever.

Attached: For how many years was part of Poland.jpg (2048x1150, 632K)

>continues to make threads about german superiority

Attached: 1519876692656.jpg (500x600, 174K)

yeah, but who were the people living there

And most of modern Poland was inhabited by germanics for hundreds of years before they showed up. Whats your point?

And before that it was inhabited by Trziniec ancestors of Balts and Slavs, what's your point?

Germanics in Poland had nothing to do with modern Germans, just so you know.

There is a theory that after Teutonic knights fucked Danzig up, people who lived there moved upriver and settled in Thorn. If that would be the case, then the original burghers of Danzig were of Westfalian origin, mostly the areas around Soest and Dortmund.