Did Europe lose culture from modernization?

Asia was suddenly introduced to new Western techonology, so the contrasting traditional culture and tradition survived seperately.

However in Europe, its culture got so intertwined with the evolving and modernizing continent that they lost a lot of cultural identity.

England has no national "kimono" like clothing. The suit is an international "modern" dress now.

It kinda sucks for Europe

Attached: jousing_01.jpg (500x427, 119K)

Every modernized and industrialised nation has lost a large amount of it's culture.

Culture constantly changes. Hell, early medieval Europe was a different place than late medieval Europe.

Isn't the business suit as we know it originally an English thing?

Slave ideology is now so prevalent that the very idea of a culture being dominant and influential is suggested to be enough to disqualify it as being such.

Whereas the healthier ideology would be to disqualify cultures PRECISELY because they have lost, because they have become novelties.

I hope OP is satire.

yup, industrialization decimated "real" culture on the same scale as christianization did.

But technology is real culture, industrialisation and Roman Christianity have opposite trajectories.

You're probably confused by the fact that both followed slave revolutions. However, industrialisation's slave revolution meant that moral panics shortly followed every substantial growth.

>industrialisation and Roman Christianity have opposite trajectories.

Attached: tainter-roman-silver.gif (462x451, 27K)

Fear not! Europe has plenty of knight/medieval larpers

Most European countries have traditional architecture, cuisines, own brands of folk and modernised pop folk music, local festivals and holidays as well as a huge amount of cultural organisations dedicated to preserving and performing traditional music, dances and costumes.

Also, you might be idealising what most of countries like Japan look like.

you are blind my friends all the aestethic things like the people wear from usa to china is western mode sure there is some remnant of thier original culture but all the european culture has been apropied by the world
i can thing in a more elevated honour

>England has no national "kimono" like clothing
what do you call this?

Attached: The Team June 2015 resized and cropped.jpg (1051x451, 208K)

Sure Moshe

>but all the european culture has been apropied by the world
acthually
most people in my shithole prefer to wear normal clothing
this goes from average people on the street to even my professors
that's not to say we don't wear it but it can go both ways
personally speaking i think western clothing looks like garbage

Modernization is western culture. It's become a cultural import around the world now. The only reason you think the west lost culture is because it's become such a standard and norm internationally. But that is just the west pushing it's culture around the world. The suit and tie or tuxedo is the west's "kimono" now.

England is one of the countries in Europe that lost much of its cultural identity, due to being the first nation to industrialise. A lot of other nations like Germany industrialised in a period where people we valuing their romantic national culture so there were many who recorded all the old folk tales and songs from the past. England could not do that in retrospect, all the folk songs and stories sung by the peasants were forgotten as they had to go work in mills and factories.

English culture was subsumed by British Imperial Culture and that is why today people often use British and English interchangeably, and also why what glimpses of folk culture we still see come in the form of English sea shanties from the days of being a naval superpower.

i wasnt speaking exclusively about cloth but what cant you expect from suhumans that try to protect their litle pride and get naked every time they try to refute it

wow rude

are you a amerifat by chance? most, if not all european countries have their own national outfits and customs

yeah. modern fashion is all based on english clothes sincee they dominated the early clothing industry

what are 1000 years

Well when every major country in Europe is leveled after the most brutal ideological war ever seen it's pretty easy to lose touch with the past and what came before when it brought so much destruction and death, regardless of the side you're on.

who couldve thought that it could change within only a millennium

Most of what we consider European culture is Modern

this. I'm not a commie but I think modern capitalism destroyed every culture as we know it in favour of marvel, dc, pepsi, mcdonalds, kardashians, etc...

Europe? No. England? Yes.

Industrialization and mass media killed the most exquisite flowering of arts, philosophy, literature, music and architecture anywhere on earth since antiquity.. Industrialization and modern art pissed out the fires that had burned since the Renaissance.

Attached: pic00000001508.jpg (1024x965, 147K)

>England has no national "kimono" like clothing. The suit is an international "modern" dress now.
This is more a matter of Europe winning the culture war worldwide in the 19th century, so that European culture became generic human culture.

We're at home everywhere we go, because the whole world belongs to us.