/hi/

Veeky Forums, who is your favorite Roman, and why?

Attached: rome.jpg (640x426, 291K)

Nicholas Romanov II

You're a funny guy.

Aurelian for reuniting the empire in a time of crisis.

Napoleon

Favorite in terms of most interesting, I'd go with Sulla.

Favorite in terms of who I'd most like to meet, shoot the shit with and just seems like a guy it would be good to know, maybe T. Pomponius Atticus.

Tiberius Gracchus eh gives lands back to the plebs and doesn't afraid of anything

Nikephoros II Phokas

I want to live on that island in the Tiber, it looks comfy. Plus it's got great proximity to the Circus Maximus. As for the thread theme I gotta go with M. Porcius Cato.

Yes. Well I don't know, Atticus was a pedophile. Publius Clodius or Gaius Scribonius Curio (Clodius's contemporary and married his widow) seem like pretty cool dudes to hang out with though. Also old Lucullus, out of his mind on shrooms.

Enjoy the smell of raw sewage and malaria

>>The Gracchi Bros
Yes, this here. If they hadn't been murdered the late republic would have been much less of a shitshow.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Sulla

Camillus>Caesar>Augustus>Caligula>Fabius

Aeneas.

Cato

How can you not like a bitter old guy telling everyone to go fuck themselves

Marcus Aurelius. A philosopher king holding an ailing empire together. Everything went to shit after he died.

Are you talking about Cato the Elder or Cato the Younger?
Alba Longa isn't Rome

Marcus Aurelius because philosopher king

AETIUS
E
T
I
U
S

Attached: 759f214d54ed5caeb93210274f36bba1(3).jpg (446x960, 70K)

Didius Julianus. I can't help but feel bad for the guy. He wanted stability for the empire and was stabbed by a common soldier in an abandoned palace. He deserved better than that.

Plus, apparently his daughter was smoking hot.

Gramsci

Attached: 26_antonio_gramsci.jpg (490x638, 90K)

Claudius, because he tried his best.

Rurik the Finn
also this