Bronze Age

Let's talk about when Copper was most useful element

Attached: 1200px-AlterOrient2.png (1200x962, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

academia.edu/26617139/Transcontinental_civilization_journey_oxhide_ingot_found_in_Michigan_Ancient_America_may_link_with_Indus_Script_oxhide_ingot_cargo_on_Mohenjo-daro_prism_tablet
researchgate.net/publication/318723190_Revisiting_Late_Bronze_Age_oxhide_ingots_Meanings_questions_and_perspectives
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>american education
Fucking brainlet (((copper))) shill. Tin was way more important and way harder to find

Why is Cyprus gray? It was a great kingdom, Alashiya

Attached: Enkomi-seal.jpg (700x352, 68K)

Because OP hates tin

What were Arabs doing at this time?

In caves

That literally means Cyprus

>Makes only 10% of the bronze
>More important

>equally important to make bronze
>way harder to find
>much higher trade value
>tin resources are strategic, copper is found almost everywhere
yeah, you dumb

Attached: Uluburun-.jpg (1000x857, 189K)

Attached: oxhide-ingot.jpg (811x474, 50K)

Attached: bronze-age-sites.jpg (750x501, 57K)

Did the hittites fear the north coast anatolian warrior?

Literally, and it stayed that way for a while.
"Troglodyte" originally referred to people in the black sea during the Hellenistic period.

I mean red sea, hurr durr

Attached: 1832127.jpg (444x425, 94K)

doubt[x]

>equally important to make bronze
90% =/= 10%
>way harder to find
>much higher trade value
Higher in value because it's more rare, but copper relative to iron was also rare.
>tin resources are strategic, copper is found almost everywhere
Copper was a strategic resource as well. Why do you think Cyprus was to highly desired? Pic related, it isn't "almost everywhere.

Attached: copper.png (1024x679, 432K)

I don't know what this map is supposed to represent, the spread of bronze technology? Because copper technlogy was already known by 3200 bc in all of Southern Europe

Fuck you there was a whole fucking age for just copper until tin came around and fucked that shit up

I had to go through 9 fucking captcha screens to post this, it was worth it

That map is wrong about copper deposits by the way

Attached: ores.jpg (563x426, 50K)

enjoy your soft copper axe, faggot

Where did the bronze come from? Like who was mining and making it?

Oxygen was a bit more useful I would imagine.

I'm just stating copper access was ALSO important.

Sorry just grabbed the first map for at least a general idea, not at home so couldn't grab my book with a map in it. Just found the source for your pic, I'll have to check it out that article. Looks pretty awesome.

Not sure how that means copper isn't important. At least copper by itself is more functional.

Objectively false.

>Not using obsidian weapons
Come on

Bronze is made from copper and tin. Previously people using copper but when the uses of tin was discovered it changed everything. Copper and tin mines were highly sought as a consequence

Actually it started with arsenic bronze, tin bronze came later.

actually the earliest tin-bronze and arsenic bronze found both date back to the 5th millennium BC

one was found in Serbia and the other in Iran

ok

Attached: vinca copper oldest metal axe.jpg (960x499, 44K)

since you posted that i might as well ask

why did some copper age cultures use mainly axes such as otzi the ice man style axes lashed to the wood with leather and sinew but others such s copper age serbia used shafted axe heads with holes for the wood?

Attached: 605_05_2.jpg (475x434, 45K)

Daily reminder that the Bronze Age Collapse was in fact caused by Germans.

idk, maybe was hard to make a perfectly circular shaft hole through metal a long time ago

>black sea
>arabs

Ruining the black bronze age utopias.

Forgot my proof

Attached: 51O2jvztABL._SX307_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (309x499, 38K)

Kill yourself

Strong argument, faggot

page 11
academia.edu/26617139/Transcontinental_civilization_journey_oxhide_ingot_found_in_Michigan_Ancient_America_may_link_with_Indus_Script_oxhide_ingot_cargo_on_Mohenjo-daro_prism_tablet

Indus script on oxhide ingots? non sense the IVC people were gone by the time oxhide ingots were being produced
researchgate.net/publication/318723190_Revisiting_Late_Bronze_Age_oxhide_ingots_Meanings_questions_and_perspectives

>UPLOADED BY Srini Kalyanaraman
it gets better

What the hell is this anyway? Screens from Facebook in an academical paper, I'm lost here I've never seen such a thing
I'm reading and I'm speechless, what the fuck is this?