Why are the Magyars so underrated? They plundered, raped and burnt Europe for a cull century...

Why are the Magyars so underrated? They plundered, raped and burnt Europe for a cull century, way harder than the Vikings or Mongols ever did, yet you never hear about the horsefuckers that made Europe their bitch. Pic related, Magyar shopping expeditions.

Attached: Kalandozasok.jpg (724x496, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vtYCZ9Ma2tE
youtu.be/LKh7gCb_p-U
youtu.be/i9WbGqPeY8k
youtube.com/watch?v=UqpMPdXGxdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They teared the Franks a new one.

Attached: main-qimg-7a3e25f0b8dabee317817ef4b82cc9af-c.jpg (1255x1140, 535K)

I doubt it's about being underrated, but about the fact that people don't know that much about it, and as Hungary was in Eastern Block, it led to people ignoring history of countries that were not capitalist at the time, which is still having effect.
That and most people not being particularly educated about history of countries other than their own.

but the Magyars are like the only successful Slavs ever!

Are you trolling ?

Beside, Magyars lacked heavy cavalry, unlike other steppe nomads of the same era. That makes them less cool.

Why, obviously they was the ones who had most direct influence on medieval Europe. Like those was the bad guys medieval knights were fighting and the reason castles was built.

Genetically Magyars are Slavs.

Partly because they were a ruling minority that got absorbed, much like the Yuan Dynasty Mongols. Their legacy remains, but they themselves don't really exist any more except as traces.

It's striking that Hungarians still refer to themselves as Magyars though. This might speak more to the later Hungarians' vision of themselves than to any solid thread of descent, though.

>they were a ruling minority that got absorbed
elaborate
afaik, the magyars at the time of the carpathian were a ragtag bunch of turks germans and slavs as well as whatever was picked up along the way
i think there were some individuals with up to 10% asian dna too but that was prob some turkic admixture

They turned into massive pussies who sucked at everything they did after abbandoning their traditions and converting to Christianity.

Oh fugg we drowned :DD
t. Netherlands

that map is all kinds of fucked

Pretty much all the cool guys did.

And so was everybody in Europe, horse fucked!

no I mean like geographically, the shapes are just weird
did they ask the guy who made this to do it with his eyes closed?

youtu.be/vtYCZ9Ma2tE
youtu.be/LKh7gCb_p-U
youtu.be/i9WbGqPeY8k
their language literally sounds like mongolian kek

>rape Europe so hard that part of it will be speaking Mongolian for the millennia to come.

Attached: tumblr_np327xLzdO1ur81opo10_540.gif (540x228, 1.57M)

Hungarians might be genetically related to the ethnic groups around them, but they're not Slavs either way.

daily reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=UqpMPdXGxdo

Well the germans under King Otto teared them a new one so hard they die not dare enter those lands again.

>King Otto
It is still Emperor Otto for you filthy peasant!

Only lasted half a century.

The power ranking goes
-19th cent. Hungarians
-Medieval Hungarians
-Pre-Christian Hungarians
-Modern Hungarians

Magyar Bach is the only successful german composer ever.

I sure do wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: c87d1fd9f63cf536e24eb6c23ff67e97.jpg (712x673, 41K)

Nvm I read your post wrong