Can God erase himself out of existence?

Can God erase himself out of existence?

Attached: 1520395106526.jpg (600x600, 42K)

If he can but doesn't, then he's malevolent
Ig he can and did, then he no longer omnipotent

Checkmate, uncuts

does the sun give shut in neets pimples?

God exists outside of existence so no.

>exists outside of existence
This is your brain on God.

Attached: god-man.jpg (970x1283, 694K)

Hey I have one of those.

Are they as much of a pain in the ass to keep as I heard?

God, why are American comics so cringy

What do you define as existence?

No, since it is impossible for God to not exist.

But doesn't God dictate what is and isn't possible?

No. The laws of logic dictate what is and isn't possible. To quote Hugo Grotius, "Now the Law of Nature is so unalterable, that it cannot be changed even by God himself. For although the power of God is infinite, yet there are some things, to which it does not extend. Because the things so expressed would have no true meaning, but imply a contradiction."

No, God-God would save him from himself because He is omni-omnibenevolent.

So the laws of logic are above God then? Who created them then?

The laws of logic weren't created; like God, it is impossible for them to fail to obtain.

"Something can't come from nothing."
As God has no control over them it's clear that they do not come from him.

They don't come from anything; they don't come into being. They are always in being. They are not effects of a prior cause. They are necessary, meaning that they cannot fail to obtain. Since they are not effects, we do not need to seek a cause, e.g. God creating them.

They are definitely something tangible. A set of rules that God apparently had to follow when creating the universe. If he truly has no power to change them, then he is not omnipotent.

>God exists outside of existence so no.
What did he mean by this

He is omnipotent. Omnipotent means being able to do anything. Contradictions are meaningless nothings. So, God's power is coextensive with logical possibility. There is no sense in which this is a limit or constraint.

Can god uncreate himself?

God created the universe but he can't define what is and isn't a contradiction within his own creation?

Oops, meant to post the pic

Attached: 1521082495400.jpg (800x1200, 104K)

No, since that involves a contradiction.
The laws of logic are not a creation.

god IS existence

What are the laws of logic then? Are they the only non-creation that exists?

The laws of logic are the law of non-contradiction, the law of identity, and the law of excluded middle. No, God exists and is not a creature. There may be others to catalog, such as possible objects, platonic forms, or other metaphysical principles (e.g. the principle of sufficient reason).

No. I Am can never be I Am Not.

It's funny how humans are able to imagine creatures that have more control over the universe than the real God.

Logical laws are not creatures, and what is bizarre about such laws?

I think we can both agree that these laws are something that exists, no? Otherwise they could be ignored. So something exists, that God cannot change or control.

You accept the Law, but deny the Law Giver.

Nah I have a pair of one male and female.
You need to give them fresh water each day and refill their feed which they don't eat that much off. A bag of 4 of goes for a few months.
They need be kept away from draft and be kept in an area between 15 and 40 degrees celsius so a normal house room would do.
They need however 10 to 12 hours of sleep each day else they become cranky and agressive, they only sleep with complete darkness ans silence so that could be hard to get.

Meant 4 kg*

God does not exist.
God defines existence.

Then God can end existence and therefore himself?

Is an author contained within his book?

No, he is contained within another book, one he does not control.

That would imply God flows from existence rather than existence flowing from God.

We're running in circles. Let me rephrase:
Then God can end himself and therefore existence?

This whole discussion got me thinking, what stops Christians from simply claiming that God has the power to end himself? Wouldn't that solve a lot of problems?

Tbh this thread is silly and logic is a bit pointless when it can't be proven through experiments.

God can do anything, including defying the set of laws and logics that this universe is usually accustomed to. If it's something he has to do, he can do it.

He already did.

That's why divine intervention was common in antiquity, but has disappeared entirely now.

>Circular logic
Nice try, Aquinas.

Attached: MuhPerfection.png (648x440, 34K)

Careful now, theologians almost unanimously disagree with what you've just said.

Yes

Attached: Ill-be-here-with-you-forever.jpg (706x500, 128K)

Then those theologians are wrong and I am smarter than them.

Nope all throughout history people have claimed miracles and religious idiots belive it even today
>Martin de Porres was a lay brother of the Dominican Order who resided in Peru. Among the miracles he is said to have performed, including healing sick patients, is his ability to be in two places at once – literally. Martin de Porres was seen in distant places like Mexico and Japan while he remained at home in Peru. De Porres would provide proof of the journeys in his other body by means of a detailed description of the locations. Martin de Porres was canonized in 1962.

>In the Cova da Iria fields near Fatima, Portugal, a miracle occurred with the sun in October of 1917. According to legend, three shepherd children reported that the Virgin Mary told them a miracle would occur on a certain date and time, and thousands of people gathered to witness it. At high noon, after a patch of rain and clouds, the sun suddenly appeared in the sky as a spinning disk. According to witnesses, the sun then zig-zagged towards the Earth. This miracle was officially sanctioned by the church in 1930.

>Joseph of Cupertino was an Italian Franciscan friar who is considered a saint and a mystic. He is said to have sprung into a spontaneous levitation in October of 1630, during a procession in honor of another saint, Francis of Assisi. Joseph of Cupertino remained hovering over the crowd for a while, eventually returning to the ground. Because he experienced this levitation more than once, including in front of Pope Urban VIII, Joseph of Cupertino is considered the patron saint of pilots and astronauts.

so which was created first time or the rules of logic

What is funny. I have a Jesus wall sculpture with a dove that emits light to form a freemasonic compass and square. I noticed the thing today and saw the dove as G. And then I further realized the Dove mean where. Where is God?

If god were real he’d not be immortalized in the form of a creature whose meaning in one language means ‘where’ in another.

>Can God create a rock so heavy he cannot lift it?

Rocks are a figment of God's imagination and so are you. Or maybe God is a figment of our imagination and we only exist because we imagine he created us to exist in his imagination.

Can God do something evil?
If not, how is He omnipotent?

He can't because it is his nature to be perfectly moral, so it would be like saying can God be a married bachelor, it is a non thing.