Dude almost decapitates himself while benching the bar

>dude almost decapitates himself while benching the bar
Is it even possible to not be able to bench the bar?

Yes

medical condition called being a woman

In FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL there were girls who could even bench the bar in gym class. How fucking weak do you have to be to not be able to do that much?

Probably very weak. Which would be a good reason to go to the gym.

was an anorexic manlet teenager who could not bench the bar a year ago

i couldnt use the leg press without weights when i started but i could still bench the bar

when i first started going to the gym, yes,
I was in hs and literally all i did was go to class and play wow and eat like 900 calories a day. the bar felt insanely heavy and i felt crushed. if my dad didnt keep me going i probably wouldve quit.
>tfw hit 2pl8 bench the other day

I couldn't lift it for more than 5 reps the first time. Two weeks later hit 1pl8 5x5. I wish I could progress that fast now.

>barbell bench
>benching an object which is literally designed to have a metal bar above your neck
why do people do this?

its not possible to decapitate yourself with bar only, not even to break neck if you drop it from benching height

if bar only is enough to kill you you have problems

Underrated

>an object which is literally designed to have a metal bar
what did he mean by this?

>45 lb oly bar
>bench apex position
>let go
>falls on neck
it would break your neck and/or your wind pipe you fools

So don't drop the fucking bar on your neck. Why are we even having this argument, that literally never happens to anyone.

>it is not possible
>if it happens you have problems

When I started 2 ½ months ago, I put 2.5 kg on each side and start benching. Failed after couple of reps, a black guy came to my rescue. I'm very weak. Couldn't even do one push up. I progressed slowly at the gym (pretty embarrasing putting small weights on the barbell). Now I lift 45 kg (with the bar). Hoping to get at 1pl8 by month 6.

>a black guy came to my rescue
Is this a regular occurrence in your life?

Just start with dumbbells bench press and progress

No one will laugh at you, it's a fucking gym, everyone is trying to get fit

Not him, but i have a lot of memories of old black men saving me from terrible situations now that you guys have brought it up.
why cant all black people just be old, and men

>Benching to your neck.
If you actually bench to your neck, you're fucking retarded.

I would just give up at this point desu

This. A person would have to be a real asshole to laugh at someone else trying to better themselves.

when I first started benching I started with 1 plate and I could not get the hang of all the weight being on one side. Now I bench 2 plates and its a lot easier since the weight is balanced.

It really is stunning. You think you'd develop the ability to lift 45lbs off you through just daily activity. Pushing yourself off the floor, carrying groceries into the house.

I was stunned when I saw how hard it was for my girlfriend to move my one dumbbell at home, it only weighs 35 pounds.

this, it's never the old black dudes causing the problem, it's always young blacks

umm.... user...

XD

unironically laughed

I like this answer :^)

Proud of you user B^)

the bar is above your neck at the top of the bench. Why not do dumbbell bench instead? There's literally no reason to have a bar of metal across your chest, it's not required for the exercise at all, barbell bench is a meme

Makin progress user. Remember to eat moar and never give up

Also if you hadn't already seriously read the sticky, it lead me on the direction to some pretty neat-o gains

I can't even imagine a form so fucked up to bring the bar so far from your chest. It would have to almost be intentionally god awful form. "We have purposefully trained him arong, as a joke."

ironically laughed

I got to 1pl8 after 8 months user

Bringing the bar to the base of your neck/top of your collarbone is called a guillotine bench press. Old idea used by a lot of bodybuilders because it's super pec-dominant compared to regular benching.

Does have to be treated with a lot of care though. Not a movement to go sloppy on or get careless.

thanks bb

Chuckled at the pic. Then reeled in terror.

Literally not possible to "almost decapitate" yourself with just the bar unless you throw your hands off it and let it drop on your neck, which can only happen purposefully.

Because all the old nigs are on their third strike or probation.

>the bar is above your neck at the top of the bench.
You're benching wrong.

sounds like someone has never met a vegan before...