*user time travels to the gym back in 1998*

*user time travels to the gym back in 1998*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AF9KSl9sdno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

holy shit thanks for this pic. Got any more like this?

No problem my dude. Just go to /b/ and search "comfy" and look at that thread.
You might find something you like

Bumping a potentially good thread. I'd love to know what gym and lifting culture was like back then

Same, that's why I made it. Self bump

A guy in his mid to late 30s could be around I guess

It would be interesting to see if people were making the same mistakes then as now

Almost exclusively populated by low IQ criminals.

Srs, I actually remember hearing about how only petty criminals and neo-nazis went to the gym

youtube.com/watch?v=AF9KSl9sdno

The number of cardio bunnies have increased and the DYELS now are college kids that curl I'm the squat rack and always skip leg day. The DYELS back in the day were mullet sporting 40 year rednecks with beer guts that curled in the squat rack and always skipped leg day. The old pervs still spread their balls all over the benches in the locker rooms and sauna. There were a few of us that did power lifting but no one was really into aesthetics.

I guess my mother shit me out in a gym washroom

monitoring for this

AND WE PRETEND THAT WE'RE DEAD

Wallpapers/General under creative and High Resolution under Adult have a lot too

Old user here. It wasn't a really popular thing to do yet, but people definitely went. Most guys were pretty serious lifters. A lot were on gear. The gym lifestyle wasn't really a thing yet, we didn't make a big deal about it, we just lifted and ate whatever we wanted. There were a few treadmills that chicks used, but they were mostly ugly. Me and my buddies would go there, do some main lifts, take about the game and eat lunch after. It was basically just cardio butterfaces and serious but not autistic lifters. There was a one tv in the corner, that's it. There was a small locker room where guys would pin sometimes.

Life just seemed a lot simpler back then. I was 20. I feel like 9/11 really fucked us up, life is so uptight and not carefree compared to back then. Maybe it's just a part of growing old

Was everything rusty as hell in your gym? I can remember my mom bitching at me about the rust stains on my shirts and shorts when it came time for laundry.

Not really haha
It was some old things but mostly up to date at the time

90's gym life was fucking sick. People there worked out but weren't autistic fuck tards. We'd drink beers in the parking lot after, sometimes before, we used to bang gym sluts in the locker room, I met my coke dealer doing coke at the gym. It was fucking amazing, music was better too.

I started hitting the gym in 1999, when I was 14. It was a really "bad" environment back in the day, felt a lot like prison. Everybody was shouting at you and/or getting in your face. You had to form alliances to survive.
There were almost no women, and those two-three that popped in were either whores looking for huge guys or dyke-looking freaks stronger than the average gym-goer. The smell was atrocious, everybody was yelling, grunting or smashing weights. Also no music was allowed.
Yet, the feeling of being part of that "club", and the test boost you had from spending an hour in there, is something I deeply miss these days.

Don't think too much has changed really, except that now andro is illegal.

>no cell phones in between sets
>little to no tvs on the gym floor

Other than thats, pretty much the same

>please don't leave this time daddy

>dont worry user, the world trade center isn't going anywhere, i'm sure you'll visit it some day

Is this some Turkic country

can I travel to 1930 and make sure this time the good guys win?

He this dude won Mr.California bro

man he looked good here

"comfy"?

It's cold as fuck out and that shack they're standing in probably wreaks of fish.

What the fuck he's beautiful

The gyms were like in pumping iron but bigger. Lifting in the 90s wasn't the golden age. The 1970s Arnold era was over and people had stopped running like they did in the 80s. The 90s was for skinny, zero muscle tone boy bands fags.