UPDATE: saw a kid die at my gym

quick update and proofs from the thread yesterday about seeing a kid die at my gym: here's an email from the dean of students and an article

RIP in pieces and don't forget : cardio will kill your gains and then kill you
uiargonaut.com/2017/09/26/news-brief-6/

Other urls found in this thread:

uiargonaut.com/2017/09/26/news-brief-6/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cliff notes pls

Do we need any more proof at this point that cardio is the ultimate gainz goblin?

"Please buy a Vandal™ hoodie or a Vandal™ t-shirt to support the Vandals™ in these tragic Vandal™ times."

>be me doing a totally-not-abs workout upstairs in uni rec center
>head for the stairs to go downstairs for next part of workout
>notice like 15 paramedics surrounding someone on the indoor track
>go closer, it's a student, runnermode, getting chest compressions
>medic tells me i can't watch
>go downstairs, workout, go back up 15 mins later
>still doing chest compressions
>see his foot, it's blue-gray
>do some crunches, think about dying when you're in good shape in your 20s
>feelsweirdman.mp3

kek

Has the university went public on the details or did they just announce that he died without giving the non-gym goers the explanation? A few kids ended up dying in the few years I was at university but they always said what happened in the announcement.

Regardless OP was not a faggot, you're the kind of person we need here to show that cardio literally kills your gains. Imagine without that thread the ottermode manlet would have died for nothing.

lol what kind of faggot dies of running, what a pussy

motherfucking steve1989

the screenshot shows the whole email, that's all they said.

other anons were saying it was probably a heart arrhythmia or something

>tragic Vandal™ times
had a giggle

Poor kid. Sounds like a congenital heart defect. Super rare but it happens. One of my greatest fears is my heart given out during my exercise.

The school newspaper say more details as they come but the guy either went too hard or had a genetic problem, this wouldn't happen to a normal person.

I hope.

Absolutely sounds like that

Get a stress test done, bros. Specially if there's a history in your family. Don't risk it, you never know.

>see his foot, it's blue-gray

???
They took off his shoes or was he running barefoot?

Was he fit?

>uiargonaut.com/2017/09/26/news-brief-6/
tragic.

but if anything, he should've done more cardio to strengthen his heart muscles.

cardio can save your life.

Don't get a fucking stress test ROFL. That won't even diagnose hereditary cardiomyopathies. Never mind the fact that there's no indication for investigation without a family history of sudden juvenile death.

absolutely VANDALIZED

If you have a congenitally weak heart that's nature's way of telling you that you don't deserve to live. The strong prosper and the weak die.

When you die you turn all kinds of colors because blood stops circulating.

What the fuck is a Vandal. Uni sports team or something?

That wasnt his question retard.

u of idaho mascot. it's like a viking

I'm assuming they took his shoes off. Theres no way he would have been running on the wooden track barefoot

kek

If any of you have ever done a good amount of coke in the past beware this could happen to you too. Go get a chest xr to look for cardiomegaly.

What the fuck?

They should have transfered him to a hospital, not continue compressions at the gym.

Hey OP on a side note, how do you like Idaho?
East coast uni fag here, thinking about moving out there for a bit after graduation just for shits.

I tip my fedora to you m'lord.

>not dying for those rigor mortis static gains

F

i mean, it's pretty, conservative, and lots of wilderness. I'm a coastfag though, just here for college. While it is a nice state, I like being close to the ocean. Also, not a whole lot of high paying jobs here.

>majoring in general studies in the College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
>general studies

Probably just an undecided freshman, which would also explain him doing cardio at the rec center.

Like a viking... But in blackface

F

A stress test will pretty much only tell you if you have an ongoing acute problem, like myocarditis

>majoring in general studies
and nothing of value was lost

lost

F

F

Looks like all that vandalism got to him

>College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
Nothing of value was lost it seems

yeah, although before doing cardio one should strengthen their heart by doing more basic stuff and FUCKING LIFT first. Also take supplements for heart strength as well, and maybe foods that help with heart health as well. Going all out on a run is a bad idea if you aren't used to it.