Avoiding heart disease

My father just had a heart attack last month, his brother had his second last year, their father died of one before I was even born, so its safe to say Im at risk.
How do I avoid this?
I have read a lot on it but it seems like everyone has their own idea and they all contradict.
I know that all of my family is overweight, so I dropped down 30lbs to a 22bmi.
They all smoked and I dont, I know thats good.
What else can one do to keep from having heart problems?
Cardio? Giving up cholesterol heavy food?
Any help is very much appreciated, thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
suppversity.blogspot.de/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
youtube.com/watch?v=UZoQiDaWnuE
hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/
huffingtonpost.com/entry/diet-and-health-puzzling-past-paradox-to-pure-understanding_us_59a81d10e4b02498834a8f27
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go vegan or vegetarian
avoid fried foods
don't drink milk or smoke
go too bed early
limit stress
meditate

getting rest and keeping stress free are the biggest ones, stress and lack of sleep can kill just as fast as smoking
also get your heart check every 4 years or so, ekg, stress test, ultra sound.

Just remember by the time you get to the age where your at risk to have a heart attack say in maybe 30-50 years medicine will have hopefully progressed a lot more than it has, and its already pretty far along today

70%plant 30%meat diet
Learning how to deal with stress
Eating at a caloric deficit
Cutting out nearly all stimulants like sugar caffeine and a lot of stimulating media
Heavy lifting and high energy activity like sports is good but if you have a weak heart it can kill you.
Learn how to take it slow
Sit and lay down as little as possible.
Take naps

No fap and alternate nostril breathing

No one knows for sure, and it's tough for "scientists" to pin-point a specific cause. They tried that with dietary cholesterol but then later learned they were completely off base.

But don't smoke, limit sugar, be active, keep a low BMI, keep a healthy blood sugar, keep balanced blood cholesterol level.

I was already thinking of giving up beef for moral and environmental reasons.

I think I need to get checked for sleep apnea, I never ever feel rested after sleeping, and that one runs on my moms side of the family.
I got over my panic disorder about 2 years ago using wim hoff cold training and meditation, so My stress is waaaaaaaaaay down, but I'm still an engineer and stress is part of the job.
I plan on saving up over the next 10 years and buying a hobby farm since that's what really makes me happy, family and farming.

Whats wrong with milk? I don't drink it ever since I grew up, but I do use it in cooking.

Where did you get the 7:3 split from?
I loooooove naps.
But I also love laying around reading and browsing Chans.

Thank you both

dont be overweight and then a a blood work on regular basis & buy a blood pressure meter at home.

diet is most important, reduce fats and preferably quit all dairy thats it

>Take naps
literally makes you die sooner, google that shit

If you worry about heart health and have a family history where you have a problem with cholesterol and heart attacks then it might be safer to eat mostly veg and cut back on meat.

Old rich guys in hollywood and the like who've put their bodies through the fucking ringer have no choice but to go full vegan and starvation mode to counteract the ruined mess they've made of their health.

You seem to be relatively young and health conscious so you can eat moderately well and healthily without having to go to such extremes.

To be honest, the first thing you should do is look at the diets of your father uncle and grandfather and their lifestyle.
Learn from their mistakes and take everything you know about heart health and heart healthy living and create a diet and pattern of living that minimizes the risks but also allows you to live well and for a very long time.

You do it.
Give me a link.

The most I've heard is that sleeping for longer then 9-15 hours a night shortens your lifespan for some odd reason.

cbf, not my life your trying to cut short, it is legit, they also dont know why

Could it just be that people who take more naps are more stressed?

Eat moar soluble fiber, 96% of murrilards dont get enough. In the end, something's gotta kill you though, and heart disease isn't a bad way to go (I'd prefer it over cancer or dementia)

How good is oat milk for you? I want to move away from cows milk but I'm allergic to nuts so almond, coconut etc. are out of the picture and goat milk tastes vile.

I need an alternative so I can eat my shredded wheat.

Regular exercise. Light cardio every day, try to get to one hour if you can.

Regular checkups, especially with a cardiologist. Get your blood pressure stable and in the green zone (120/80 is the golden standard). A lot of people think blood pressure is no big deal because it doesn't cause any overt symptoms even if it's high, but that shit wears down your heart and arteries fast. It's called a silent killer for a reason. If the doctor gives you medication for it TAKE IT EVERY DAY.

Hydrate regularly.

Fix your diet. Keep the salt down, eat more vegetables, less red meat. Avoid binge-eating as much as you can - I'm not saying you can't have the cheat meal every now and then, but make it a treat for yourself and never the usual.

And of course if you smoke or drink to the point of abuse, stop that. You don't smoke so that's already a good thing, but my dad was never a smoker and he died after his first major heart attack. Granted he was already 63 and had been living with a blood pressure reading of more than 160/100 for quite a while. Never stopped eating pork too.

I can relate to your concerns, but really, that's what we have to do.

If you think you can try it, try intermittent fasting along with cardio, too. It's what I've been doing and my health has vastly improved because of it, even with all the checkups and stress.

soy milk?

Allergic to it as well but from what I have read online rice milk is apparently the best alternative option.

probably cos cunts who need naps have something wrong with them or they wouldn't need to

Definitely avoid red meat, there's a strong correlation and they found it's based on its carnitine content. Also avoid greasy food, fast food in general (unless that chain uses canola or high oleic sunflower seed oil; those aren't as harmful). Regular moderate cardio is good too.

please don't drink soy milk

Stop eating meat.

This. I used to be paid by fema to shill soy on Veeky Forums and other boards because that org and others funded by Soros are trying to essentially feminize and sterilize the white male population so immigrants can take over. Veeky Forums is more important than people think, if something is adopted here it will influence the entire internet. There are many shills on here.

Stop eating red meat, smoking, drinking, and eating processed sugar filled shit foods. And, stop making excuses

>muh schedule

And work the fuck out daily.

Problem solved.

>I have read a lot on it but it seems like everyone has their own idea and they all contradict.

Weed out the stupid ideas. Just because someone says something contradictory doesn't mean there's any validity to it.

>In the end, something's gotta kill you though
This is true but a healthier lifestyle means you'll not only live longer but live a more enjoyable life before whatever gets you, gets you. If you only save a year or two of lifespan it doesn't seem like much but if it also entails not being miserable with a gorillian health problems for a decade before you die, that's huge.

The best things you can do are avoid fried foods, eat fruits and veggies every day ALONG WITH MEAT, and run a lot. You don't have to run like a soldier, but just get a few miles every week. As long as your heart is strong and has proper nutrients, you should be fine and be lowering your risk of heart disease.

>ALONG WITH MEAT

Weeeeeeell, about that...

Meat is essential to prolonged healthy body function, especially heart function. Eating processed meat and fried food every day will hurt you, but if you're getting meat from a good source, it can only help you. There are nutrients in it that are essential for healthy heart function.

>How do I avoid this?
A whole food vegan diet.

chain smoke so to build up resistance

>Meat is essential to prolonged healthy body function, especially heart function
Proofs????

Cardio, sleep, water, watching weight and sodium, keeping your endocrine system healthy to maintain hormonal and nutrional homeostasis to support your blood chemistry.

don't be fat and eat healthy

going to need to back that up m8

If your heart isn't bad yet due to a young age but it will likely get bad later in life, wouldn't it be better to exercise a weak heart heavily?

>Giving up cholesterol heavy food?
No
Dietary memes
Regular memes
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>(cont.)

Being fit =/= being healthy.
You're going to have to train hard and smart.

2-3 sessions of bodybuilding type lifting
20-45minutes of aerobic exercise
5-10 minute hiit or interval training

The above will give you a workout and can be completed in short order.

Heavy lifting, Power lifting, hours of distance running...being and training to become very fit and athletic puts a strain on the heart. It doesn't necessarily lead to a healthier heart or good health overall.

Smoke weed every day never stress stay high and keep a positive vibe.

>Giving up cholesterol heavy food?
No
Dietary memes
Regular memes
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>(cont.)

>(cont.)
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
>ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

Everything I wrote is backed by peer-reviewed studies fucking retard.

>Being this mad about pseudoscience
>not reading this hard

watch this, my guy

youtube.com/watch?v=UZoQiDaWnuE

>don't smoke
>exercise regularly
>don't be obese
>try to consume soluble fibers
>try to consume foods rich in polyphenols
>avoid refined sugar
>don't develop insulin resistance

cholesterol and fat are being exonerated with research as we learn more about CVD; insulin resistance is starting to be seen as a major culprit

insulin resistance is absolutely terrible for you

What if I told you there's fat in plants too and that you most likely get most of your fats these days from plant sources?
A bunch of articles that misrepresent data from actual studies. Never link that crap again when someone asks for proof. A full study paper or at the very least an abstract.
The only actual study you linked refers to protein timing in training. This has nothing to do with meat consumption and heart health.

>cholesterol and fat are being exonerated with research as we learn more about CVD

They're not being exonerated, they're being shilled and lobbied for.

hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/

lack of sleep and stress straight up killed my last boss. Had a heart attack randomly one weekend and no one was at his house to save him.

Never, ever stay up until its 3am. Avoid greasy and salty food, and always eat catfish.

First and foremost: Don't have shit genes.

If your body wants to sabotage you over time, there's literally nothing you can do. There are even people who feel no stress their whole, life, sleep enough on a regular basis, do cardio, avoid animal products and basically do everything you can do in your power to not get a heart attack and they still end up getting one. On the contrary you have assholes eating like shit, never moving their ass and drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco who die from old age in their 90s.

Genes are very fucking important, so look at your family history. With that out of the way. You can reduce your personal risk by being active, avoiding stress and changing your diet. Do cardio multiple times a week. Read about stoicism and live it. Avoid stress as much as possible, regardless if it's psychological or unnecessary physical stress, so sleeping enough is a necessity and listening to your body is important. Cut out heavily processed foods (this includes oils) and avoid animal products in general.

>On the contrary you have assholes eating like shit, never moving their ass and drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco who die from old age in their 90s.

You're full of shit.

You realize the oldest woman who ever lived was a chain smoker who attributed her health to drinking lots or port wine on a daily basis. Not what I'd call a healthy lifestyle.

Sleeping for 15 hours a day sounds like someone who's not getting enough physical activity.

>What if I told you there's fat in plants too and that you most likely get most of your fats these days from plant sources?
Then I'd tell you, you should read more instead of shitposting

Read this, bitchboi
huffingtonpost.com/entry/diet-and-health-puzzling-past-paradox-to-pure-understanding_us_59a81d10e4b02498834a8f27

>Whats wrong with milk?
We have the milk because a baby calf does not. Male calves are killed and females are used to make more milk.