I'm 6'3 and 266 pounds

I'm 6'3 and 266 pounds

I desperately need to cut about 60 pounds before janurary 1st 2018 in order to join USAF.

Is this possible through rigorous routine or an I dreaming too big?!

(Sorry much apologies Veeky Forums moderators and Veeky Forums community, this is only fast place to get smart answered about weight)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goggins#Obstacles_overcome
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

10lbs water/carb bloat

8 weeks 1k deficit - 16lbs fat

4 weeks PSMF (spread out) - 16 - 20lbs fat

make weight techniques (cutting water, fasting, colon cleanse ect.) - 15lbs off the scale

doable

Now what does all that mean and will it make me extremely unhealthy?

Read the sticky

That's the fucked up part. I read tons of articles online, stickies, saying it's impossible, it's unhealthy, saying you can't lose more than 10 pounds a month or can't notice any changes until a year of exercising. And then I'll watch a slew of YouTube videos and read a slew of articles of people saying they have successful done that or cut even more than what I want to lose, without any real damage, and I've even seen friend sand people I know lose 20-50 pounds in a matter of months so I don't know what to believe. I just want to see what real people have to say about it. It's all so confusing for someone who's never eat healthy or worked out seriously.

at your weight you will lose about 10lbs very quickly after entering a caloric deficit. this is not fat, it's just your body shedding carb bloat

if you eat 1000kcal less than your TDEE (google it) you will lose 2lbs~ a week = 16lbs~ over 8 weeks

if you PSMF (google it) you will lose weight 2/3x as fast as this, though it is hard as all hell to pull this off

if you use weight cutting techniques (google it) that fighters/athletes making weight classes use on the weigh in day to shed weight you can drop another 10lbs or so easy

no, losing body fat will not make you extremely unhealthy. fucking up your PSMF (google it) will though

In a word, yes. It's absolutely possible and there are multiple ways to do it. Start tracking calories and macros and create a daily deficit ASAP.

David Goggins lost 110 lb in three months to join the Navy SEALS after coming out of the USAF. If he can do that, you can sure as fuck reach your goal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goggins#Obstacles_overcome

Read the Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald.

Totally doable. You've got 95 days.

Stop eating shit, eat at a deficiency, start doing cardio and lifting, cut out drinks that aren't water and black coffee.

Get out there.

PSMF is fucking goat

Bump for mentioning better than water fasting if done correctly

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I hate to be the guys that asks to be spoonfed everything, but my main obstacle has been formulating and sticking to a successful routine. The most serious I've ever gotten I ran/jog/walked (mostly walked) 5 miles every day for about 20 days and then fell off routine and never got back on.

What's some dietary and exercise routine you all reccomend for my predicament?

>dietary

less calories

>exercise

some form of movement on a consistent basis

not being a dick, this shit is 90% diet. figure out your TDEE, plan a diet that puts your calories under that whilst keeping your protein intake relatively high. in doing this, you'll probably be eating less carbs than you're used to

that's almost everything you can do, outside of properly planned and executed fasting

step 1: calculate your TDEE, assume sedentary exercise
step 2: start dieting immediately, cutting about 500-800 off your TDEE daily
step 3: lift so you don't look like a flabby fuckboy when you're done cutting (don't worry about choosing a lifting routine, just find a beginner one you like and will stick to)
step 4: on your off days when you're not lifting, do cardio hard (low intensity for a longer time is worse than high intensity for a shorter time, generally speaking)

>15-20 pounds lost
>needs to lose 60
Nailed it, nice job bro

shit dude, if he really needs to make weigh-in that bad then he's not going to be able to do it healthily and he's gonna have to pull boxer-type shit like dehydration/blood draining/sweating etc.

cutting 1k calories a day ain't healthy

Is it normal that I'm not able to run for more than half a mile without stopping? And I find it hard to run consistently anymore after that first half a mile? Also my knees pop a lot. Do you think it will be bad for my joints and bones to start running again everyday given my height and weight?

I agree, no way mcfatty can do it or should do it in that timeframe

See this is confusing. Why is it I always see a 50/50 divide on people saying you can or can't. Maybe I should shut the fuck up and just do it?

I lost 10kg in a month eating 1000kcal a day and doing 45 min spin clases every other day, so its definitely doable OP.

60 pounds = 210,000cals
210,000/90days = 2400cals
Can you be in a 2400cal deficit per day for the rest of the year?

I-i don't know....

Can I?

Essentially, a pound of fat is 3500 or so calories you need to cut. If you want to lose 60 pounds of fat in 90 days, then you need to be cutting a fuckton of cals, as this guy pointed out.

So, seeing as that's not doable (it's not), you're going to need to lose weight that isn't fat, namely water and muscle. If you're some professional athlete, you might lose other shit, too, to make weight (urine, sweat from a sauna, blood to be retransfused later, etc.).

Probably not, your body couldn't take the exercise or would you have the willpower to make it happen. It's just too much. Only chance is to lose 40maybe and cheat the rest by water manipulation, but anyway you look at it it's not healthy.

>carb bloat
wat