How long did it take for you to realize that conventional (((compound))) lifts like squats and deadmemes are...

How long did it take for you to realize that conventional (((compound))) lifts like squats and deadmemes are ineffective?

Deadmemes
>only effectively works out erector spinae
>works out hamstrings, lats, forearms, grip, biceps a little bit, not much
>takes most of your time and energy away from the rest of the workout
>increases your chances of injury by 780%
>biggest ego lift of all time
>overall useless and waste of time

Squats
>JUST fuck my knees up fampai
>Leg press is a MUCH more effective lift at hitting the quads without the risk of injury
>#2 ego lift behind deadmeme
>check by 3 plate quarter squat bro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=scooby deadlift
youtube.com/watch?v=dAA5_ep5bTA
healaherniateddisc.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> brb doing entire routine of isolations

ITT: OP is a weak little bitch with a VERY tiny penis and he need to convince himself that the big boy lifts that he's too much of a pussy to do are actually shit, all the while denying the reality that HE is the one who is shit.

It's ok hunny, I remember my first week at the gym too. Keep your head up so the mutants don't bully you :)

>> brb doing entire routine of isolations

Check my PPL and tell that to my face faggot

Pull
>lat pulldowns/pull-ups
>barbell rows/seated rows/other alterations
>hammer curls
>biceup curls
>rear delt flys
>concentration curls/herculescurls
>core work

Push
>Bench/incline rotate
>Shoulder press
>Dips
>Side lateral raises
>Rope pull downs
>Overhead rope extensions
>Shrugs

Legs
>Leg press
>Calf press
>Hamstring curl
>Calf raises
>Leg extensions
>Core work

>I follow (((conventional wisdom))) because I watched a youtube video by vegan gainz, not because it actually works

pls post pic of yourself to validate your point.

I did zercher rack pull deads for the first time at just below the knee today via sprained wrist.

I only did 2 plates and I feel like I got a huge draining workout out of it. I tried 3 once and I didn't like it so gave up.

I might add them to leg day. I imagine you'd get huge hams and arse from doing them regularily.

Shit routine.

>Leg press

HAHAHAAHAHAHA

Didnt that namefaggot dominican say the exact same thing? I guess he was smart enough to leave the field blank this time though.

>only works out ((erector spinae))
>check my 3 plate quarter squat
maybe op is just a dyel with bad form?

I still need a bit of work but im getting there with my superior routine, now you have to post (((yours))) KEK
P.S what do the three brackets mean, i saw it in r_the donald once and knew it would trigger all of you (((compound))) lifters :p

>he actually believes that the difference between making gainz and not making gainz is deadlift and squat

Take all that time you waste on deadmeme and put it into more rows or lat pull downs. Deadmeme is such a waste if you train for aesthetics it's beyond laughable.

They're definitely effective, but not the end-all-be-all lifts powerlifters and rippefags make them out to be.

>Samefagging this hard

pretty sure dominican has been lifting for

limp dick strawman attacks are not an argument, weak bitch.

I was in this spot brother. Pic related is what ego meme lifts get you

I hit 4 plate deadmeme and thought I was hot shit. Take a look in the mirror and my gainz are shit. B-but at least I got my ego stats

Dropped that shit and my gainz are taking off

Three fucking bicep excercises on 1 day
U talk about ego lifting yet the bodypart u train the most is useless and generally know as just a show off muscle

what are you doing now instead?

>Biceps are useless
Hand in your gains

Biceps are a weak point of mine, and my goal is to acquire aesthetics, not to say I can deadlift 5 plates.

If you say you don't lift for aesthetics, you are either a liar, or lift for your ego to say you can "lift x" that literally nobody gives a fuck about or has any practical relevance in reality. You also look like

U would not be bigger on another routine

>be me newb lifter
>always did isolation machines cause I had no one to teach me big boy lifts
>stopped being poor
>hired my self a qt PT to teach me (why not have something nice to look at while lifting)
>I noticed the next day how much less time spent in gym to get better results then ever before

Gains mien brehs
With great knowledge comes great gains

I heard he is taking test because he couldnt get his bench above 45kg

That's decent if the dude has only been lifting for a couple of months

Obviously you don't do ss during 2 yrs

Name one famous lifter that doesnt use compounds

AND YOUR OTHER GAINS

Scooby

skateboard squats, breh

lmfao that's the worst PPL I've seen in a while thanks for the laff OP

Still doesn't change the fact that Scooby is bigger than 100% of Veeky Forums at 56.

>Doesn't bench
>Doesn't squat
>Doesn't diddly
>Doesn't OHP
>Physique puts 20 year olds to shame

But hes on legal HRT with RXd test.

The reality is "x routine vs y routine" doesn't matter

What matters is diet and genetics

Chad will get ripped lifting whatever the fuck no matter what

gymcels will perfect their routine and diet and make 1/4 the gainz as chad

The long run difference between this lift over that lift is negligible.

70% genetics, 25% diet, 5% lifts is the breakdown of what matters

>>only effectively works out erector spinae
consider getting a coach

that said Isolations using free-weights are fantastic, I do LTEs and curls right now after my upper routine.

Do LTEs you homos

>LTE

lying tricep extension?

>>LTE
yes, it is the most effective way to build your triceps that i have found. far better than push downs or pull downs

This info comes from Rip in his SS book, and my own experience.

If anybody has a better tricep movment let me know.

>because I watched a youtube video by vegan gainz, not because it actually works
Ironic you choose VG to strawman when he clearly can't do compounds for shit. All the dude does is tri's and bi's. His actual compound lifts are weak as shit, and he still lies about his arm size (as seen in any video he's in with another lifter who actually has large arms).

Has the dude even hit a 1000 lbs total?

I dont think they are ineffective, but they are not what they are presented to be on this board. They are literally just exercises, 3 out of thousands of effective exercises. They are not superior to anything, the only reason they are popular is because they are the 3 lifts done in a powerlifting meet. Is there anything wrong with training to be a powerlifter? No. Is there anything wrong with doing these exercises even if you are not a powerlifter? No.
Whats wrong is the fuckfaces who have been lifting for 3 weeks going around telling everyone that you HAVE to do these and anything else is ineffective. These idiots also think squat bench and deadlift are the only compound exercises(LOL)
There are 1000s more exercises that you could choose from. Im not saying go do a bunch of curls, yes go do compounds but realize there is nothing special about these 3 exercises. I train with 100% compound exercises, look good and never bother with back squat, bench press or deadlift.

So? He's still jeff-sized without doing a single compound.

Dips

Adding to my fucking novel here, idiots like are the DYELs telling you that you HAVE to do these lifts.
Heres a hint, you dont have to be a good powerlifter to be strong. There are so many other movements that you could gain strength in, limiting that to 3 is pure stupidity, especially when the only movement for the upper body is the bench.

youtube.com/results?search_query=scooby deadlift

Scooby is actually a big proponent of deadlifts.

It's one of the few times you'll see him make videos with barbells. Whether it's some really shitty $0.50 home barbell or in an actual gym (yes, he has actually made videos on deadlifting with a barbell in a fucking gym).

what compunds do you do. Olympic lifts

No, i was never trained in weightlifting so i cant trust myself to do them.
For chest I do weighted push ups, ring dips and ive been trying to do hefesto on rings
For shoulders I do planche push ups, free standing handstand push ups and handstand push ups with a wall
For back I do upside down rows, weighted pull ups, muscle ups and front lever rows
Thats just the upper body i dont feel like typing out the legs

Except your ultimate meme lift: deadlifts and deadlift variations (SDLs), with a barbell, in a commercial gym. lol Feel free to actually watch his youtube videos instead of assuming. He not only has a deadlift series but he also plugs Candytoes as a good resource for learning deadlifts for those looking to progress faster.

I agree with your sentiment. Honestly, I've been only lifting 2.5 months and I'm thinking of subbing the back squat for front squats, hamstring curls and RDLs.

Out of curiosity, you do any kettlebell work?

Last week there was an user who mentioned that he doesn't do the "big 3", but instead does other compound movements, some of which involve kettlebells.

Scooby has said that he focuses on cardio and endurance for lower body. Deadlifting is not a staple. Even then, 1/4 compounds with 0 squatting still calls into question how necassary compounds are for gains.

No, i did a few kettlebell exercises once and I liked them but i dont do them in my training since i dont have any at home.
But in my view a kettlebell is just a weight and there are many exercises you can do with it. Utilize it however you like.
In my opinion you will always make better gains from exercises you prefer, because you will put more effort in them and they wont be a chore.

>its another green lifter who thinks the pump is the end all be all.

If youre still lifting in two years youre gunna realize how important they are.

Don't diss big compound exercises and then show off your PPL routine with 3 exercises hitting he same muscle, namely your curlbro status. If you jump right into that without actually lifting and progressing first your asking for a one way ticket to tendonitis town

>Honestly, I've been only lifting 2.5 months
>2.5 months
k
>let's move goalposts

Regardless. Nothing is "necessary." You could do all the isolation you want; many people have done it. But is it optimal? Is it even remotely good?

For every weird outlier with a halfway decent body you point out, you could also do a simple google search of every bodybuilding competition ever, natty or not, and find five dozen more contestants that do compounds. Or trainers against compounds vs couches for. Doesn't matter.

They've been a staple of the industry for a very long time for good reasons, both tried and true traditions and a shit ton of peer reviewed studies lean heavily towards incorporating big compounds.

>BIG compounds
What the fuck is a "big" compound? Whats a small compound? How is one compound superior to another?

No goal posts were moved. Deadlifts aren't a staple for Scooby, secondly he isn't a "weird outlier," most lifters haven't even tried skipping the regular compounds. If you look at other sports like gymnastics, you can clearly see that it's possible to make gains without weights at all.

Heavy* my bad, working atm

Big compounds are the ones which require the usage of more muscle groups and allow for more weight (ie the traditional big lifts but also a lot of stuff in the same movement categories- things like floor pressing, deficit or block pulls, box squats etc). 'Small' compounds are things like lunges, one-arm DB presses and so on. Still compounds but requiring less weight and generally unsuited to heavy work.

Not about superiority, just different usages.

Ok so a weighted push up is superior to bench press since you are using shoulder protraction, retraction, engaging your core much more and have a bigger ROM if done on bars.
Weighted push up soon to replace the bench press as the big boy compound.

It would be (and many coaches agree on this point) if it weren't for the problems with trying to load the damned movement.

Also increased ROM is not always beneficial. Increasing it with no regard for the mechanics of the movement can just make things worse, as often happens when people try to exaggerate bodyweight movements.

Only issue is that it's hard as fuck to load, otherwise it would definitely be more mainstream

There are really easy ways of setting up the weighted push up. All you need is a weight belt and an elevated surface.
Same with weighted dips which come with all those benefits+heavier load+even easier to set up than both the bench and the push up.
The only reason bench press is popular is because again its one of the 3 lifts done at a powerlifting meet.

Might as well just do overhead press or power clean since you'll be putting Abit of load on your back/lower back. Bench isolates your back from the exercise from the most part, at least the mid and lower back

It ends up not being that simple in practice, particularly once you're loading significant amounts of weight onto the belt (which will happen, because the further towards your feet the weight is the more of it you need). Fine with a plate or two, doesn't really work too well if you're trying to replace a significantly higher than BW bench.

Dips have the issue that many peoples shoulders just do not tolerate them at high intensities and/or volume.

Ive done push ups with 70lbs on my belt and its been going fine. I dont see how the plates will become a problem.
A lot of people get shoulder pain from bench as well. Just look at every other benchbro in 2 years.
Not to mention how the "big boy compounds" literally have no pulling for the upper body.

I'll probably never deadlift, since I till don't get the point. But squats are top tier exercise, just like other compounds.

Again what is power clean or any form of snatch,jerk, clean etc. Any decent routine will incorporate those or some sort of row since those muscles should be somewhat even with your bench

70lbs isn't the issue.

The problem is that for strong lifters you're talking about a couple hundred pounds or more, which is royal fucking bitch to manipulate into position. Hence weighted pushups and dips usually getting relegated to higher rep work when you're already fatigued.

Stop pretending to be dumb. You know what (((berg))) means and we know that you know it.

If there was such a thing as a gym cuck it would certainly be you

Hmm you cant hang 4 plates from your weight belt? Thats already 180lbs. Add that to your bodyweight and that can easily reach 300's. For really strong lifters with higher bodyweight doing 4 plates will be hard as fuck. Plates are only a couple inches thick, you can easily overload up to 5+ plates.
Im not very familiar with the power clean but from what i heard on this board it has a lot of legs involved as well. Im not sure if I would use that as my primary back exercise.
But rows, yes. Any decent routine needs rows.

Most dip belts aren't rated for a huge amount of weight and you need your BW + belt weight to be a fair bit higher than what you'd be benching (since you can really only count about 60% of your BW towards this and you're also losing some of the plate weight compared to your bench for the same reason). That coupled with the fact that hanging serious weight off your dip belt is unpleasant bordering on legitimately painful means no-one really likes the idea once you're into the heavier weights.

Same reason people hate on belt squatting (the dip belt version, not the machine). Good movement, just a pain to load properly.

They use leg drive, back for stability, and if you add the press at the end you obviously add in more muscle groups depending on form. It's just another compound lift that could work what weighted pushups would without the stress on the lumbar portion of the spine due to being horizontal. I usually just row.

>did compound lifts until you were strong then switched to isolations for aesthetics

What's your point?

You keep saying that its inconvenient, but for me its the most convenient and effective way of training. Its all relative.
Read my original post i think all compound exercises are good, but you cant tell me that you NEED to do b/s/d and they are somehow superior to other exercises.

you probably believe people get fat because of genetics too, right?

I'm not telling you that. I don't think the bench is the best horizontal press or that it's remotely necessary. Just pointing out that there's reasons beyond ego for people shying away from using weighted pushups as a main movement and they're primarily ones you won't encounter at 70lbs.

If it works for you, great. Keep doing it. Lotta people it won't work for.

>Chad
>>>r/incels

second post, and, quite frankly, the best post

that's weak. Just out my chest routine

>hanging bench pull ups
What?

how long does that workout take you?

youtube.com/watch?v=dAA5_ep5bTA

enjoy

tl;dr if only goal is hypertrophy exercise selection is just about the least important factor if other aspects of your programming and diet are adequate

>deadmemes
>biggest ego lift of all time

you're right, and that's exactly why I do them, pulling just shy of 6 plates strokes my ego and i got some really nice hamstring, glute, erector, and trap development out of it

this thread again?

Deadlifts are the most important lift for injury prevention, read healaherniateddisc.com

>spent many agonizing months to progress my back squat to a meager 2plate 1rm
>ultimately quit squatting altogether from no progress and pain and agony
>quarter squatted 6 plate off pins for reps on my first try no effort whatsoever
why is this allowed

i would /shrug after that push day too desu

post your body and make me believe you

>heavy object falls on friend
>sorry bro, I can't lift it. I don't want to ruin my knees, it was nice knowing you

the reason I do deadlifts/ squats is because I can see a practical use for that strength. I've lifted power poles just to move them off the back of a truck to save 15 minutes seeing up a crane.

if you're after aesthetics and only aesthetics that's fine enjoy your workout but don't come here just to talk shit.

>grr it upsets me that people train biceps girls don't like 20 inch biceps ok? they want a man with GLOOTZ just like the Veeky Forums board on Veeky Forums said

>>hammer curls
>>biceup curls
wtf are you doing?

>Bench/incline rotate
>Shoulder press
If you can do these back to back on the same day, you're doing mincy little faggot weight and have no place commenting on any kind of lifting discussion

>falling for the zercher meme
lmao how is AlphaDestiny's DIY neutering program working for you?

that Eric Bugenhagen guy does them as well. Veeky Forums seem to like him and he does seem like a pretty decent guy.

not user you were speaking to just random user by the way.

how many times, eric is based but he has gorilla genetics, you can't base your program around what eric does.

if a regular Veeky Forumsizen tried to do what eric does, they would have snapped their back 25 times over. his spinal erectors have had 20+ years of being built up, that's why he can do 5pl8 zercher deadlifts and shit like that

Oh hey look it's this thread again. Have we ever had this discussion before? Oh that's right there is a thread about this up perpetually.

>if a regular Veeky Forumsizen tried to do what eric does, they would have snapped their back 25 times over.

I'm not saying lift what he's lifting but you can do the same exercises at 1/4 weight and build up.