ITT we post Veeky Forums memes:

>"you gotta deadlift less often to deadlift more"
>"you can squat everyday but you can't do any other lift everyday it has to do with recovery"
>"OHP doesn't respond well to direct heavy training"
>"exercise selection doesn't matter, as long as you're lifting heavy you'll get stronger and grow, there are no magic exercises. btw, squats are literally a magic exercise, you HAVE to do them"
>"ALL behind the neck pressing is dangerous"
>"ALL upright rowing is dangerous"
>programs that don't include pull/chin-ups as a main movement
>"if a lift looks stupid at first glance it probably is"
what did I miss?

>"size=strength"
might be the greatest of them all
I've been lifting for 8 months, I can get 1/2/3/4 for at least 2 reps, and I've put on 20kg but I'm pretty sure it's literally all fat. my lifts have gone up just fine, but I actually look worse, with exactly just as much muscle as when I started.

>routines that neglect forearms, neck, and calves

>gets bigger
>lifts get bigger too

How is it a meme? You said yourself you put on weight

Step up that hypertrophy game my dude

>if you're a manlet then just stop lifting
>if you're narrow shouldered then just stop lifting
>if you're a facelet then stop lifting nothing can save you
>lifting for girls is retarded

wow

>no direct ab work
>strength base
>bulk/cut
>no cardio
>stretching is bad
>machines are bad
>acting like a tough guy when you built your strength in a prissy little gym
>training only for strength and ignoring the collective wisdom of all professionals who have produced elite athletes in their respective fields

>lifting for 8 months
Stopped reading there

you can get loads of fat from non lifting
you cant get gainz from sitting on your ass
his strength increased but not muscle

but literally every person I know who started with a routine billed as a *hypertrophy* centric routine is both weaker and much better looking than me.
it's almost like there is such a thing as targeting either size or strength.
most brosplitters, while still weak as fuck, look good within the first 6 months.

They also didn't put on 45 pounds in 8 months dumb ass

because you probably eat like a filthy pig to put up those numbers. You're supposed to eat a bit over maintenance fatcunt..

also,
>8 months lifting
>expecting zyzzz tier physique

top kek pls die

> dirty bulking

>just do your compound lifts to get bigger bro, trust me, you don't have to do isolations, especially arms, just do chinups and rows

These

>"just do a strength routine and you'll be aesthetic in no time ;)"
>get huge disgusting legs & ass, no shoulders, no upper back, generally speaking, no upper body
t-thanks Veeky Forums
on the upside, now I'll be able to meme beginners into falling for the same bullshit that ruined my body so there's that
I mean it's fucking obvious but while having even equal volume for upper and lower body sounds like a neat idea, upper body should overpower lower body in order to look good. and even people who follow brosplits know that. they train legs once a week, and have defined, nice looking legs while still emphasizing upper body. because they aren't functional (strength) autists.

>strength base
>every beginner, regardless of body type and goals, should do SS

you misread me. they don't look better because they are lower bf% or anything, but because they put on actual muscle. even at the bodyfat I'm at (probably 19% ish) they'd look way better.
zyzz is cunt and I don't even care about having a six pack. what I'm saying is I'm pretty sure I didn't even put on one single pound of muscle.

>you have to eat for B12 and protein.

>you have to eat meat for B12 and Protein

If you gained 20kg in 8 months, got stronger and didn't gain any muscle then you either ate like total shit, trained like total shit, or both. Time to take a hard look in the mirror and figure out where you fucked up.

>strength base
the very best
I mean it's literally not supported by anything, yet it keeps coming back
it's just beautiful

ate my protons, remaining part of caloric intake was mostly fat. didn't calorie count. slept 8 hours. every lift is full range of motion (don't have vids unfortunately) using good form, no bouncing on bench, paused atg high bar, no leg drive on ohp, chinups below eye level, the works. so, yeah.

>the lifts that allow for heavier weight are better
this is the one that irritates me the most, it's like people don't even know what moment arms are

I don't honestly know how a person can be this stupid.
You gained weight, you gained strength.
Of course you gained muscle, maybe the fact you look bad is because you put on a disproportionate amount of fat which easily hid any gains you actually made.
Also you're 8 months in, get a fucking grip.

>You gained weight, you gained strength, of course you gained muscle
nice one. although I probably did put on 10kg on my thighs and ass first few months due to the meme programs this place pushes but that's not actual muscle since it's unaesthetic

>I probably did put on 10kg on my thighs and ass first few months due to the meme programs this place pushes but that's not actual muscle since it's unaesthetic
You mean the tried and tested programs for beginners?
Are you unable to grasp the concept that you should be aiming for a rough maximum of 0.5kg weight gain per week?
>Not actual muscle since it's unaesthetic
You actually have to be trolling now

>he thinks lower body muscle counts
do you also count the bar? ahaha fucking Veeky Forums this place kills me.

>implying its not true
lel stay delusional

I don't think you got his post. His point was the hypocrisy of some regarding lifting for girls. I too suspect the "what's the point of lifting if..."-posters and "I lift for myself"-posters overlap somewhat.

>lifting eight months
>expects people to think his opinion is valid.

you're not 19% bodyfat. you're fat. Trust me, we can all tell. Just lift more, lose some weight, and you'll be able to look like your friends in no time.

Body dysmorphia. The post.

>the state of fit

>trained like total shit

This one, he's doing some stupid strength training.

Who knows he gained muscle? he sure didn't train for it.

19% is obese.

If your bodyfat is over 12, cut. If it's 12-10, you decide. Under 10, bulk.

Yes, lots of that around. I do a 'forgotten muscle' day, neck, side of forearms, and that little muscle that sits on top of your obliques bewteen your abs

>19% is obese

chances are you're not as low of a bodyfat as you think you are, kiddo. post body so we can look at your 10% godly physique.

Being able to lift a certain amount of weight does not necessarily mean that you've put on a decent amount of muscle mass let alone look better.

You've been sold a lie by fat...sorry BEAR MODE losers with shit builds who only want to be bigger and able to lift heavier shit. Their vanity does not align with your own.

This almost fucking got me man

Time to cut my dude

Lift 3/5/6 and you will look like you lift but you won't feel like you do.

This is a thread where everyone tries to prove they have the most autism. Just like every thread.

>what is strength training

>1/2/3/4
>Lift 3/5/6

Can you tell me what these numbers mean or where I can read more?

whats a better newbie routine than SS?

1 lmaopl8 press™/2 lmaopl8 bench/3 lmaopl8 squat/4 lmaopl8 diddly

alphadestiny's novice program for mass
ws4sb for athletics
p2w for powerlifting
jonie candito's linear for anything depending on template

>8 months liftan
heh, dyel

I read somewhere that training

Also Greg Nuckols' 28 free programs for strength

>Recommending programs they have never done

This is the one that stirs my jimbobs the most

if you have a couple of years of lifting experience and more than two braincells to rub together you can tell a bad program from a good program by looking at it

>squats and deathlifts are all you need for [core, traps, forearms, neck, etc]
>you dont need to train arms

never listen to fit

>1/2/3/4
1 Plate OH-Press, 2 Plate Bench, 3 Plate Squat, 4 Plate Deadlift
1 plate = 45 lbs

Thanks a lot.

what about beginner /fat/asses? also ws4sb?

>Starting a beginner's strength program
>Get little stronger but don't really look better after 6-8 months
>Keep doing it anyway because people on the internet said to
>Keep being disappointed with results but never change anything
It's not a meme, you're just retarded. After 6 months you should start to see changes if you're not obese, if the changes aren't what you wanted/expected then fix your programming don't come online and call the program a meme.

desu deadlifts will increase all the points you listed. I would argue if you have a heavy deadlift that is all you'd need for everything but core. I think core does need training 100%.

Also you don't NEED to train them, you can want to train them and I still think chinups would be suffice, if you can do bodyweight chinups for higher reps and then add a weight belt then its gonna make your arms a lot bigger, or do bicep curls, but you get more bang for your buck out of chins.

“We like cuddling! Muscles are disgusting! We don’t like men who are obsessed with the gym! We want to look better than the man!” they would say.

At this point, I started getting annoyed with their behavior, and asked them the following question:

“What type of man are you looking for?”

They paused for a second, and replied “Well, obviously a nice guy that’s going to treat us with respect, and who can communicate in a way that does not offend us.”

At this moment, I had a big smirk on my face, knowing damn well that what I was about to say next would cause them to flip out.

“So then why do you cheat on your boyfriends for asshole guys like me?” I exclaimed.

They were silent for a few seconds, and then suddenly went full bitch mode.

“You’re such an asshole, Alex! You don’t talk to a lady like that! Go fuck yourself! You don’t know what a woman likes!” they screamed.

Of course, their words didn’t faze me.

I just sat there in a calm and collected fashion, as I sipped on my cool glass of lemonade.

After about 5 minutes of them ranting at me, I cut them off and said “So when are we fucking? Next Tuesday or next Saturday?”

They quickly glanced at each other, as their eyes and mouths widened.

“What did you just say???” they barked.

“You heard me. Are we fucking next Tuesday or next Saturday?”

Interestingly enough, they started giggling and eventually began playing my game.

They would say things like “You are so bold! You are so bad! You are something else!”

Just as expected, they were coming on to me.

Is that you, Zach?

Legs generally need less work because as a general rule a normal person is walking and squatting bodyweight all day long. Whereas we dont use our arms nearly as much.

cringed

>no shoulders or upper back on a strength routine

sounds like you had a pretty shit strength routine, or alternatively your other muscles were so weak those never got stressed at all, meaning you need to get stronger still.

Post a pic faggot, you probably bulked on fucking Doritos

>deadlifting is safe as long as your form is good

Fuck Starting Strengh

Do vacuums and wear belt

I've never seen a post from someone who actually followed Starting Strength correctly saying they wish they'd done something else.

>>"ALL behind the neck pressing is dangerous"
>>"ALL upright rowing is dangerous"
These are actually true.

All behind the neck pressing movements are dangerous as they grind your shoulder. Literal physical therapists say so. Are you retarded?

>le 1234 in 3 months

Starting Strength says I should lift as much weight as I can lift.

That's what I did, and apparently my DL was too strong for my abs. So I got a hernia.

I'm not discouraging deadlifting, I'm just saying it's not as safe as implied. I should have done ab/core exercises before lifting my max.

It was only around 300 pounds btw. If I made a mistake here please inform me.

Yeah the joints in your shoulders aren't designed to press from that angle, and therefore suffer a lot of strain.
I've had many a personal trainer tell me about this, and physiotherapists mention it all the time. One trainer mentioned how you won't notice issues for a while but eventually the tendons get worn down and will snap unexpectedly midrep. He had it happen to him/

Are Pendlay rows safe? I actually like doing them and they made my middle to lower traps explode.

>>"you gotta deadlift less often to deadlift more"
true

>>"you can squat everyday but you can't do any other lift everyday it has to do with recovery"
you cant train every day unless huge amounts of steroids

>>"exercise selection doesn't matter, as long as you're lifting heavy you'll get stronger and grow, there are no magic exercises. btw, squats are literally a magic exercise, you HAVE to do them"
squats are no better or worse than other leg shit

>>"ALL behind the neck pressing is dangerous"
true pretty much

>>"ALL upright rowing is dangerous"
maybe not dangerous but really shitty

>>programs that don't include pull/chin-ups as a main movement
chin ups suck

>if you have a heavy deadlift that is all you'd need for everything but core.
The delusion is rampant

Safe to a point, but you don't want to go too heavy with them. Pendlay himself tore his biceps doing that exact lift.
Consider D-ring cable rows and Landmine rows as a good alternative. I've found they hit those target areas as effectively as Pendlay.

>Starting Strength says I should lift as much weight as I can lift.
This is inherently wrong, Starting Strength specifies you should do as much weight as you can handle with perfect form. If the last rep of your last set is compromised you're going too heavy. The book states as much.

Also from Google: While heavy lifting and other strenuous activities can aggravate a hernia, they don't actually cause them. Most hernias are the result of a weakness in a muscle that exists long before a hernia even appears. Many hernias are present at birth.
Citing a hernia as relevant injury to discourage SS is fairly redundant. You may have never experienced a hernia if you'd been high repping low weight for years on end. However, one day in the gym or in the outside world you might have been forced to exert yourself maximally and that shit would have happened anyway.

trial and error by t. you

>Starting Strength specifies you should do as much weight as you can handle with perfect form. If the last rep of your last set is compromised you're going too heavy.

My last rep was not compromised. I completed the set and felt like I could have even done more.

Thanks for the info on hernias.

How is bulk/cut a meme?

> However, one day in the gym or in the outside world you might have been forced to exert yourself maximally and that shit would have happened anyway.
Bull fucking shit. How often in real life due you need to greatly increase intra abdominal pressure by performing a valsalva maneuver? I'd wager the overwhelming vast majority or humans alive will never ever experience the need to pick up 300+ lbs (not counting their own fat ass) outside of a weight room and thus never have a need to brace their shit so hard their intestines pops outta their abs. These types of injuries are caused directly by lifting heavy and what's worse is these fucking meme routines discourage ab work that could actually prevent such an injury from occurring, lest the beginner wastw their precious ability to recover on anything but muh strength lifts.

The amount of caloric surplus:lbm gains are astronomically small unless you're not natty then you're not really paying attention to anything being said anyway I'd hope

Tfw wristlet

B-but at least I'm broad shouldered

>chin ups suck
why tho

Because one day you might help a friend move house? You might have to pick up something heavy? The stuff you lift in the real world may not weigh as much as 300lbs but they're also not neatly attached to either end of a bar making these smaller loads potentially more strenuous.
My point is that a hernia isn't caused by heavy lifting and just because you avoid aggravating it in the gym doesn't mean one day it's not going to effect you.
Do a quick Google search and you will find it's inherently dysfunctional tissue that causes hernias.
'Fucking meme routines' SS is the best or one of the best beginners programs. It's not a meme it's tried and tested. People at this level don't need to hit 25 sets of curls to get their arms to grow and don't need to isolate their abs to get them stronger either.
I've added a reasonable amount to all the main lifts and my abs are waaaaaaaaay stronger than they were when I was doing isolations.

>chin ups suck
Source?

You are clearly not talking about hernia. Go read a bit

Hernia guy here, I've actually moved houses several times. Done a decent amount of manual labor. Even unloaded a refrigerator from a truck by myself. That's plenty of lifting and I never hurt myself before dead lifting.

All I can say based on my shit experience is that ab work is essential.

Nathan?

I guarantee nothing in your friends house weighs 300+ and if it does you're
1. carrying it with multiple people
2. not bracing your core like a deadlift while trying to walk, breath and carry such an item

you are so fucking stupidly uninformed I actually feel bad for you.

>"Don't bother if you don't have perfect 10/10 genetics in every area. Chad is face/height/frame and if you aren't flawless in those it's over. Kill yourself man/chin/shoulder/hair/everything-let"

who is behind these posts?

>DYELs writing their own routine

Seriously, the routine threads on here make me cringe their so bad. You are not the one special genius that figured it all out 1 month in. You don't know fuck all and your program is going to be absolute shit unless by some fluke you got a half decent one that'll work for 3 months max.

>zyzz is cunt
Fucking end your life right now for saying that.

Snatch grip on both solves the issue, plus don't go heavy like a retard on btn press and keep it to volume work

the funny thing is I see far more DYELs remaining such on any given routine than I see trying to forge their own way.

You haven't seen the routine threads on here then, they are truly fucking awful. Forging your own way is fine when you actually know what you're doing but most people on here have such a terrible grasp of programming fundamentals it's fucking painful to read some of the shit they say.

It's easier to shitpost a routine that tickles your fancy that day than it is to hide your poor results on a premade meme routine.

checkm8 dairy farmers