Gym Etiquette

I was at the gym yesterday during it's rush hours. I'm searching for plates because there seem to be very few floating around. Finally spot this dude on this exact leg press machine pictured. He loaded fucking nine plates on each bar, 36 plates in total, and spent 20 minutes doing sets of what can be charitably described as 1/8th reps. Many people looked on in frustration as a shitload of plates were being squandered during the gym's busiest time of the day.

How would you have handled it? Given the circumstances, is it appropriate to approach the guy and tell him to cut the nonsense? Or are plates first come first serve, no matter the hour or exercise?

just tell him he wont achieve anything by it

Nothing wrong with asking how many he has to spur him into thinking about what a tard he is. Allows him to save face too.

He is egolifter so he would think you are looking for confortation. I would just do other sets till he was done, and if he was taking too long and I didn't have any other sets to do, I would approach him and ask kindly to excuse himself with the bullshit and release the weights to other clients of the gym. If he would get offended I would stand my ground and tell him to fuck off. You ain't keeping my weights as hostages because you are dumb cunt.

If you're at a local gym I say have some courtesy with the plates if you're going to take your sweet time. But then again first come first serve if you are quick about doing your sets.

>walk up
>take a plate
>walk away

What's he gonna do? Fight you?

>not telling him that’s a retarded way to train because his body is expecting the symmetrical load and is not activating all the neurons in his cns
>not i structing him to take 8 plates off the left side of the top rack and 4 off the right side of the bottom rack and cross his legs to send his neutrons scrambling for protein
do you even lift?

Just take a video and post it on instagram while waiting for the nonsense. A lot of ppl hate that shit

>hide behind him
>suddenly shout in his ear
>he becomes a grasshopper
>you go to jail
>totally worth it

That's a good way of approaching it, I'll keep this in mind.

Yeah, it would be one thing if was the next ronnie coleman or whoever was was just banging out intense sets of leg presses. He was almost doing nothing with them. I was half frustrated and half horrified as I believed that I might be an eye witness to a knee snap.

This is why i don’t go to meat head DYEL gyms. Planet Fitness for me. I don’t need to be he size of a truck and bench 4000 lbs.

I used to go a lot of meat head gyms. Fucking cancerous.

My gym has a strict no pictures or videos policy. I've seen a guy get the boot after trying to sneak a pic of this redhead doing deadlifts

Wait until he's just starting a set, then walk up and put your phone directly in front of his face.

Have that video of the girl imploding her knees on leg press playing.

>I don’t need to be he size of a truck and bench 4000 lbs
>I don't need

You would never in your entire life ever be able to that shit, so don't delude yourself into thinking "you don't need it". It's not that you don't need it, it's that you literally could not accomplish it no matter what. Loser.

Do you even lift, bruh?

i’m beching 3800 pounds after 7 months of ss

I should also add that he was old, easily in his mid-60s.

Then let the old man be?

Mid-60’s pushing 36 plates?

That's the point, he wasn't. The footpad moved maybe two inches. He was taking up 36 plates and doing nothing with them.

is this him?

sounds like he moved them 2 inches faggot get over it

I see, but you have to admit for a mid-60’s guy to move that much weight even two inches is pretty bruh.

Sounds like he fucked OPs girl too what a fucking cuck lmao.

Rat him out to gym staff over concern for his safety