/fitlit/

Just crushed chest/tris, now is the time to crush the mind.
Why aren't you reading on a regular basis yet, Veeky Forums?

Any books to fix my autism/social awkwardness?

Harry Potter

King, warrior, magician, lover

It helped me try to channel the correct masculine energies to not be a beta virgin pussy faggot

I second King, Warrior, Magician, Lover. It was like a light bulb switching on.

Literature is for faggots that don't have a real job

who fit/sci here?

What's the particular translation of Marcus Aurelius that I usually see recommended here?

Right here my nigga

>We're going to get the galactigates one day dahnald

Peterson is a hack that got popular because he was the only one to resist the leftist shackles that are keeping universities down.

>Why aren't you reading on a regular basis yet, Veeky Forums?

because i listen to audiobooks whilst lifting.

fuck off brainlet

Are VNs reading?

No
Manga isn't either

Japshit for hikkis rots the brain

Lemme see your big brain daddy my cock is leaking 4 u

oh look, it's this meme asshole again

who here /hiscifitlit/

>Life is suffering
>Pain is the only reality
>Pick up the heaviest thing you can bear and carry it
>Lifting hurts
>Lifting is suffering
>Life is lifting, and DOMS reminds me that I am grounded in this reality

I love you Mr. Frog Man

oh look, it's anons stroking their ego by shitting on Peterson again

it has nothing to do with ego stroking. Peterson sucks.

Super cool counter-position

How's bout something besides pejorative noise? Or are you just buttmad that someone gets more attention than your favorite thinker(s)?

Nah dawg he doesn't get more attention than my favorite thinkers. No use trying to reason with you anyway, if you like Peterson you're probably no open to reason anyway. Best thing to do is just remind you (particularly in your Veeky Forums safe space) over and over again that Peterson sucks shit and nobody thinks he's good.

the only people who read peterson and the rest of the constellation of alt-right dickheads (Sam Harris, Stefan Molyneaux, Milo, Gaving, etc.) are just medicore white boys who don't understand why nobody in regular society recognizes how incredible they are

>Your appreciation of his work means you cannot be convinced of its flaws
Super convincing post you big brain contrarian, please keep contributing to this board because posts like these really bolster the quality of discussion.

no that's not what I said. I said if you like Peterson, you're too big a dumbass to be reasoned with, because only somebody with his head up his ass, or is 14, would think Peterson is good.

in either case, the only thing that might get through to you is: he sucks and you're stupid.

>alt-right dickheads
>mediocre white boys
Sure is /leftypol/ buzzword in here

But I am. Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad. Meditations by Emperor Aurelius before that.

>Sam Harris
>Alt-right

Wew lad

Spotted the intersectional retard

yeah but it's nice to get some actual diversity of thought in this place

And the hits keep coming

You look like a complete moron right now and are too consumed by hubris to bother looking any different

Do continue, it's adorable

Just hit a new PR in squats, now is the time to level up on some vidya.

Why aren't you playing video games on a regular basis yet, Veeky Forums?

Continuing my babby-level philosophy kick, been reading Nietzchctzhcztche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra. Had previously started Beyond Good and Evil but realized it was meant as a continuation of TSZ so I'll retry it after I finish this one. Disagree with a lot of his views on religion but his talk about life-affirmation really gets you pumped up. I think young people could learn a lot from him if they got past the "God is dead XDDD" reddit quotes with no context behind them

>diversity of thought
fuck off to your ebony tower

>Jordan Peterson

The second one is correct tho.

Is this book good? I like his lectures but he does ramble quite a bit, is the book the same way or is it more concise?

>Non-substantial meme criticisms

The Prince, Machiavelli. Love it

Get fucked ethnocentrist

I like peterson but I gotta agree with the other user. a lot of his lecture seem to cover the same thing over an over again. and let's be honest. he only garnered attention due to the bill c 16 thing, which in my opinion attracted the wrong crowd to him i.e you

>tfw was to dumb to make it through this one

How am I the wrong crowd? And who is the right crowd?

He's a very smart man with some great points, but for some reason he attracts a ton of pseuds who worship him as the key to understanding life, bonus points if they fellate Aurelius and """paganism""" too. Overlaps with a lot of the "muh western society" larpers from Reddit and /pol/
His stance against tranny shit got him looped into the BASED MILO PRAISE KEK GOD EMPEROR TRUMP autism scene, even though he's made it clear he wants no part in that

>Maps of Reasoning
Based user

>a lot of his lecture seem to cover the same thing over an over again.

you dont know much about being a university professor, I take it. The idea is for them to specialize on certain topics within a field and then provide lectures about those topics for students indefinitely.

>That projection
You sure assumed a lot about a faceless entity on a Bangelese Coin Polishing BBS

It's easier to understand if you have a background in law or political science. He basically writes about how the endgame to achieve political power is through strength, but the man that wields that power should know how and when to use it to protect his state, even if that means to go against your own morals.

Yup
Always read a chapter or two after my work out
Reading through Jerry Pournelle atm

>Read that in Peterson's voice
Help!

>It's a Peterson chokes up talking about family values episode

>read Flight of the Intruder
>first chapter really hooks me
>I'm ready for Jake to go full renegade and bomb some fucking gooks
>instead he goes to Hong Kong and gets a qt asian gf

>he plays vidya to earn skins

>calls others pseuds
>muh
>fellate X
>"""""Y"""""
>not actually criticising anyone or anything but your own perception of someones fanbase based on how they express themselves on the internet

W E W
E
W

Why does everyone hate/love this guy so hard one way or the other? Has he done anything of note?

I actually am, unironically. Except I go onto /out/ more than Veeky Forums

>my favorite thinkers

The implications are of a specific type of person who thinks they have life figured out because they read some Aurelius quotes and want to feel authoritative from behind their keyboard. They're all over Veeky Forums and bb and Reddit. It has nothing to do with the fanbase; Aurelius and JP are great thinkers and people can learn a lot from them, but proclaiming they can solve some user's depression or major life problems because they gave you a good tingly feeling is retarded.

God I hate this new Americanism, "I crushed it" or "I killed it" - you're just a bunch of mediocre faggots trying to sound extreme.

>LE WHITE PEOPLE

Mixed race here. I can't wait to beat the shit out of a white numale who says this shit to me irl

Then you'll get called a "white hispanic" or "lightskin" lmao
There's no winning
>Not ironically embracing early-10s hypermasculine bro culture

I'm currently reading "Lanark" by Alasdair Gray, mainly because the artwork by the author was beautiful. It's getting abit abstract for the sake of it though. I'll finish it regardless.

When you first said Nietzsche, I was preparing to cringe, but it seems like you have a good handle on ducking the Reddit tier memery and are actually digging for substance. More people need to think like you.

>BASED MILO PRAISE KEK GOD EMPEROR TRUMP

I see people complain about this all the time, but I've never fucking seen it. I think both people who talk like this and complain about it endlessly both hang out on fucking reddit or some shit.

I'll lie and tell the cops they called me a sandnigger and it was a racially motivated attack lmao

You know what pisses me off about being nonwhite and nonblack in America? All these liberal pussies and nignogs saying "were doing this for all minorities" when they kneel during the national anthem. Bitch, you motherfuckers didn't say shit when Mike Brown assaulted that store owner or BLM thugs looted all those immigrant owned stores in the riots. BLM isn't for all minorities, and we will go rooftop Korean if you keep targeting us.

He gained attention because he had a logical, middle ground opposition to the far-left that is the vogue of today. And he can strongly criticize them whilst offering what people should be doing instead, specifically, unlike other critics. Other critics typically point out flaws and make a broad statement or ill-defined solution. JBP doesn't, and frequently admits things are hard and complicated.

That's what sets him apart. He has a path away from the far-right and far-left which is the emphasis on the individual and responsibility.

People are too dumb for individual responsibility

They need a guiding hand from their betters

>They're all over Veeky Forums

They sure are. Yourself included, apparantly.

>but proclaiming they can solve some user's depression or major life problems because they gave you a good tingly feeling is retarded.

So who exactly claimed this?

>literally everything is fedora and reddit

>Peterson is a hack because he's doing something extraordinary
What did he mean by this?

Reading this
>secretly hope i get dubs

I dunno why people recommend fiction if I'm being perfectly honest with you
Fiction is just the world view of someone else. They're LITERALLY cucking you by telling you how to think

>What did he mean by this?
probably that peterson is just the latest among dozens of profiteering bandwagoners who jump on the alt right meme train in order to milk pathetic redditors for their neetbucks.
he certainly is more respectable than most of the others because unlike these embarassing internet 'personalities' (like sargon of akkad, lauren southern, or stefan molymeme) he actually has a proper formal education and an established standing in the field he talks about, but in the end he's still just another guy trying to follow the hype in order to make a quick buck or two.

>Meditations
>fiction

u wot?

>Fiction is just the world view of someone else

so is nearly all non-fiction.
unless you're reading dry technical stuff like chemistry textbooks, reading always means ingesting someone else's thoughts and world view.

>Ride the Tiger
>fiction

Just started American gods. Anyone read it?

you get a better vocabulary while reading an interesting story
also morals or something

>unless you're reading dry technical stuff like chemistry
Exactly. Reading RFC documents is my favorite thing to read

why watch it there is a tv series

I read Yukio Mishima regularly, the definition of /fitlit/

Nothing screams "I'm a meathead insecure about my intelligence and education" louder than parroting shitty entry level literature and philosophy.
Fun fact reading doesn't make you smart.

>alt-right
You confirm that you know nothing about Peterson. He doesn't label himself with political ideology, in fact, he abhors such labels.
>quick buck
That's why he puts nearly all of his public material online for free, right? Guess how much he charged for his 30 hours of biblical analysis and interpretation? Zero dollars. 30 hours of content for free.
If you are going to counter-shill, at least be factual.
Peterson is great, but he misses the mark on a couple things. He doesn't address the JQ, and like anyone, he can get his head stuck up his ass about a couple propositions.

I've seen this recommended all over the place; Sam Hyde vouched for it as well.
I'll check it out, thanks, Anons.

It's good. Its his lecture with the ramblimg edited out

mein kampf is unironically a good read

holy fuck i wanna bash your skull in

been meaning to read dis, is it easy to find online? I dont wanna read some filtered version or one with comments every two seconds from Goldstein.

Depends on what you're reading and why user

If reading doesn't make you smart why do we share information in books?

keep your gay meme pseudo intellectual book recommendations on /pol/ please. nobody likes you faggots

Will it hurt if I drop out of college? I feel like I would be happier teaching myself what I want.

> Fiction is just the world view of someone else. They're LITERALLY cucking you by telling you how to think

this is top tier satire

How to make friends and influence people by Dale (carnegie?) It helps

Reading Heart of Darkness by Conrad right now, he's a good writer. No wonder it's a classic.

Nonfiction is worse in that regard desu

The key is to read so much stuff that you become uncuckable because of all the contradictions floating around in your head

>has access to the entire western canon
>reads fucking beterson

Really dude? The guys cool but there's tens of thousands of books worth reading first