Is keto the biggest dietary meme in existence?

Is keto the biggest dietary meme in existence?
>bread is satan!
>but i'm gonna gorge myself on fats and oils
>calories-in calories-out? what's that?

no

Keto stops you from spiking your insulin which makes fat loss easer plus other benefits. Do some research retard.

Keto is a meme indeed but your a fucking moron if you think they disregard calories in and out.

Does keto clog your arteries and take out years off your life from all the fat?
T. Retard

Keto advocates tend to do exactly that.

Which is fucking stupid, since the advantages of keto are in satiety rather than magical fat burning, but it's harder to sell people on "this is one way to restrict calories" than "eat all the fucking bacon you want and get ripped".

If you are overweight it is pretty helpful.

I've never done it but I've watched my gym buddy shred fat insanely quick doing it

Keto is the best diet regime if you don't work out imo. It's best if you're overweight, on the verge of diabetes, and can't work out too hard. Raw calories in vs calories out is good, but it doesn't fix insulin response like keto can.

explain the insulin thing to a retard, please

Insulin is the chemical your body uses to digest glucose/fructose/carbs (think sugar), when you eat it, your body releases insulin. Overtime the liver where insulin is made has to work harder and harder to digest it, releasing more insulin, eventually it can't keep up and then your liver shuts down insulin production forever. This is diabetes. Ketosis fixes it by starving you of carbs, allowing the body to repair it's insulin production.

but how does it help non-diabetic people?

I've lost a lot on keto and I continue doing it every day mostly because I don't feel really hungry anymore for some reason.

I can extend my intermittent fasting up to 20-22 hours, and some days even later if I feel like it.

I did keto for 2 months. Had great results. I then ate shit like pizza and potatoes for like a week and felt like total was and gained ten pounds. Fuck carbs man. On keto you're so much leaner.

Everything you said in your post is wrong. Insulin is made in the pancreas.

What the fuck is up with people spouting complete bullshit and expecting people to believe it?

Except protein also triggers an insulin response, and low GI carbs trigger it at an acceptable rate. Insulin is necessary for muscle growth, insulin resistance is what comes from eating refined carbs (white bread, etc) and sugar.
There is no reason to do keto over a standard balanced diet unless you are actually diabetic.

I'd love to do keto but oatmeal is so cheap and filling. Also I like eating vegetables without autistically stressing about how many carbs my broccoli has and if it'll kick me out of memetosis

Unless you're eating a fucking truckload of broccoli you don't be kicked out of ketosis especially if you are lifting.

300g is a normal serving on a cut, and is like 10g of net carbs. Not to mention the carbs in nuts. Honestly? Unless you have some weird obsession with olive oil then keto is pretty much limited to fatty meats/eggs, no seasonings allowed because they have carbs. Fatty meats/eggs are also very expensive compared to, say, a bag of rice or oats.

"Net carbs" is such a retarded concept used to trick ketard .
A g of fiber should at least be considered like 0.25g of carbs and up to 0.5g of carbs , They are partially digested .

Then even fucking vegetables arent safe on keto. I swear this is some jewish trickery so all the people who would otherwise become fit and attractive instead kill themselves from malnutrition and heart disease.

Yes vege are safe on keto , because CARB are safe, and keto is UNSAFE

>Ever considering that vege could be unsafe in anyway
Is this is isn't a proof that keto is the worst and unealthiest diet ever then I don't know how people could be convinced otherwise , let them enjoy their bacon and health problem later in life .

Seriously though why don't people just eat a normal, balanced diet with protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates? As long as you know portion sizes, you can very easily stay in shape by having a portion of protein, a portion of fat, and a portion of carbs at every meal, three times a day. The problem is that people don't want to abide by tradition and instead of just eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner, they'll have breakfast, a snack, lunch, another snack, a post workout "treat", dinner, then a snack before bedtime, and then wonder why they're hungry all the time and/or obese.

Yes , and then you have people who way total bs like "carbs never worked for me" " I tried the healthy carbs" , and they just switched wonder bead for whole wheat bread once , not a sweet potatoes , no bean , not even proper cooking

I'll add in avoid taking up keto without medical supervision if you're diabetic and on insulin.

One of the issues around keto is the sustainability of it long term. Reasonably hard to do when you're eating out/with friends without being too autistic about it. That and we're lacking longitudinal data of people doing keto >10years or so

>Except protein also triggers an insulin response
Okay? The insulin response to carbs is about 100x more though.

My issue is carbs aren't filling at all. I'll eat a whole pot of black beans and rice before I'm full

No

No, insulin doesn't do anything with digestion. It's a hormone, a chemical signal that goes up when you eat and down when you don't. When insulin goes up your body is told that its time to ignore fat reserves and use food for digestion... when insulin goes down your body is told that it's fine to access fat reserves for energy needs. There are other things at play here like insulin resistance and stress levels, cortisol, and how those impsct your ability to shed pounds but that is the basic formula.

Also your liver doesn't make insulin your pancrease does. Don't fucking type replies when you're this fucking retarded.

>This is diabetes
Jesus no... in addition to all the other incorrect shit you said... holy fuck. T2 Diabetes is a chronic hormonal imbalance where your body is consistently flooded over a long period of time with high levels of insulin (from your pancrease) and your body builds a resistance to it... like any other drug effects your happy hormones. It takes more and more insulin to signal your body to use the food you eat for energy, which is why diabetics take insulin after meals. Problem is they're in a Catch 22 where insulin isn't low enough long enough EVER for them to access their fat reserves for energy, but because of insulin resistance it isn't high enough to signal their body to use the food they eat for fuel... so they store that as fat also unless they're on insulin or some medication.

Keto doesn't cure diabetes because on a keto diet you are still eating calories, which trigger insulin spikes. The only way to break the cycle is to fast for long periods where your insulin lowers and your insulin resistance goes down. Cutting sugar and carbs will naturally lower insulin resistance but it will do it very slowly, slower than you lose the weight, which is why you see ketofags yoyo in their weight. The underlying problem is insulin resistance which keto doesn't address. So when ketofags get skinny their bodies still require abnormally high levels of insulin in order to USE the food they eat for energy, which otherwise goes straight to fat.

Fasting addresses the hormonal imbalance which is the underlying problem, but during fasting if you're going to eat... eat keto to maintain ketosis and don't eat sugary shit that builds insulin resistance.

>I then ate shit like pizza and potatoes for like a week and felt like total was and gained ten pounds.

Case in point... I just explained why here

idk, but you should post the facts when you spot bullshit... it's the only way to maintain or fix board culture collectively.

eating clean low / meg Gi carb isn't bad for insulin resistance , quite the opposite .

>insulin resistance is what comes from eating refined carbs (white bread, etc) and sugar.

Insulin resistence is primarily caused by constant spikes in insulin, like the "three square meals" people or even worsr the "six meals a day" people. If you flood your body with a substance it takes more of it to effect you, insulin is just like alcohol in this regard.

Insulin Resistance = Insulin Tolerance (Alcohol Tolerance)

It's a confusing misnomer, but if you think about it as Tolerance and not Resistance the pieces fall into place and this starts to make a lot more sense.

>There is no reason to do keto over a standard balanced diet unless you are actually diabetic.
Keto doesn't fix Diabetes, it lowers weight. Diabetes and weight are indirectly related as both of them are caused or influenced by insulin.

Yes, people legit think it's the carbs that cause diabetes and not the saturated fat lmao.
>inb4 study showing poor people die earlier then rich people who can afford higher fat diets"

But the total insulin won't be as high in small meals , off course spacing them enough is always better in the grand scheme , but if the diet is isocaloric & isoprotein/carbs then the total insulin load won't really be different from grazing on food all day or from a big meal .

People just eat too much calories & don't move enough , when they eat carbs & create insulin peak they also eat a fuckon of fat which clog their fucking blood and impair the absorption of glucose , meaning they need even more insulin .

and if the protein / carb source is the same offcourse .

Refined carbs aren't filling, complex carbs... oatmeal... is incredibly filling and because it's complex and takes longer to digest it doesn't spike insulin as high, doesn't therefore contribute to insulin resistance, and doesn't therefore cause easy weight gain.

>As long as you know portion sizes, you can very easily stay in shape by having a portion of protein, a portion of fat, and a portion of carbs at every meal, three times a day

You're talking hindsight, yes that would work for someone who is active and always has been. A healthy lifestyle will fix a lot of wrong shit with your diet... but we're talking about sedentary fat asses with horminal imbalances with no self discipline... in which case simply switching over to this "three squarr meals" diet will not work. Study after study shows these people do not maintain the weight loss BECAUSE they don't understand why they're broken and how to fix it. You're giving good advice to already fit people but you're preaching failed ideology for weight loss.

Context... the challenge isn't gymbro's 15lb cut... its 400lb fatass diabetic needing to lose 240lb and fix their lifestyle and keep it off. I don't disagree with your point but we're not talking about how to PREVENT INCREASES in insulin resistance but how to LOWER it after years or decades of being totally out if wack.

>50,000 years ago - before agriculture
>man ate a lot of animals
>animals are high in fat and protein
>man would supplement between hunts with leafy greens and some fruit only when in season
>no grain, very little sugar, lots of fat and protein
>this was how our bodies were meant to perform

There is one downfall to keto

>modern meat is dogshit
>factory farming is full of harmful heavy metals and even pesticides in the livestock's food
>toxins are stored in fat cells
>eating too much fat from factory farmed animals increases ones own levels of heavy metals and other toxins

Fat people have measurably higher fasted insulin levels than Veeky Forums people, sometimes by a factor of 5-10. Lowering the spike doesn't get you closer to normal. You can't fix being a fat fuck unless you get your insulin levels in the normal to low range... this is all 100% verifiable by blood work.

>People just eat too much calories & don't move enough
>Fat people are fat
No shit, you've contributed nothing to addressing the problem tho

Idiot

You're partially right. It's more that when blood sugar is too high, blood cells develop insulin resistance since the cells have essentially had their fill of insulin. The rest just stays in the blood. After a while of bombing your body with too much sugar - your cells become permanently insulin resistant and you need to inject insulin to get it into your blood cells so they don't starve.

I'm will to admit I don't fully grasp the concept - but the core of what you're saying is true. Bombing your body with excess carbs leads to the beetus.

Oatmeal isn't filling for me either so idk what you're on about. I'll down 300g and still want more

>modern meat is dogshit
>factory farming is full of harmful heavy metals and even pesticides in the livestock's food
>toxins are stored in fat cells
>eating too much fat from factory farmed animals increases ones own levels of heavy metals and other toxins

If you're eating spam, hot dogs, and fast food yea... if you're eating eggs from your own chicken coup (low maintenance btw) and buying organic beef you're fine. If you're living a Fasting Focused lifestyle giving your body adequate time to detox itself and heal none of these toxins are a problem.

>buy more expensive organic food, raise hens
>incorporate fasting so you're not eating as much net over net
>fast on rest days, eat on workout days
>food costs actually lower

Even for the fat fucks, I'd rather see them lose 200lbs and intake some toxins than have them remain huge, at least when smaller hear diseases will be reduced. If they lose some weight they might get to the point where they take an interest in health and fitness.

>If you're living a Fasting Focused lifestyle giving your body adequate time to detox itself and heal none of these toxins are a problem.

This would make sense as long as you are constantly losing fat, as I stated that's where toxins build up.

>If you're eating spam, hot dogs, and fast food yea... if you're eating eggs from your own chicken coup (low maintenance btw) and buying organic beef you're fine.

This was my point, really. I was saying pretty much any meat available in a grocery store is of terrible quality. Quantity is the motivation for modern meat manufacturers. So yeah - your own chickens and organically raised beef is obviously better, but that's not what most people eat.

>your cells become permanently insulin resistant
There is nothing to support this other than doctors who have no solutions, telling people they are forever broken and stuck on meds for life. Oy Vey!! I wonder if it's a cooincidence or not?

Fasting cures diabetes because it lowers basal insulin levels and restores insulin resistsnce to normal. Has nothing to do with blood sugar (another side effect of insulin tolerance).

You are probably over cooking it. Eat a cup of dry "old fashioned" oats with some protein powder/water like a cereal and you'll be doing it right.

Lost like 18 pounds > in a month but I am overweight, don't feel like I'll have any problems keeping on it. Idk what the fuck people are sperging out in this thread about, nothing wrong with roman lettuce and celery with a bit of ranch. Make cauliflower into all sorts of shit from rice to pizza crust.

Obvious bait thread with this many replies.

Did that all the time before I hopped on a low carb diet. Oats and carbs in general just don't fill me

How much weight will I put on when I come off keto

High insulin is a result of type 2 diabetes
> they're in a Catch 22 where insulin isn't low enough long enough EVER for them to access their fat reserves for energy, but because of insulin resistance it isn't high enough to signal their body to use the food they eat for fuel... so they store that as fat also unless they're on insulin or some medication.
How in the fuck do you suppose that energy can't be used when your insulin levels are high? It has virtually no effect on weight loss.

>How in the fuck do you suppose that energy can't be used when your insulin levels are high?
That is what insulin resistance or insulin tolerance is. If your basal insulin levels are elevated much higher than normal levels your pancrease can't keep up. Your body needs an abnormally high level of insulin to trigger your cells into accepting glucose from food as energy. If it can't get high enough your cells do not respond and the liver just turns the glucose into fat through De Novo Lipogenesis.

When I say "high" in this context I'm talking about in comparison to a normal healthy adult, not what the new normal has become (elevated) in an obese persons insulin resistant body. Again, fat people have basal insulin levels that are multiples higher than skinny people... and they have the same size pancrease... at some point the pancrease can't output more and you're left with injecting insulin like a type 1 in order to signal your body to nourish itself. Hormones are just chemical signaling.

keto is a mixed bag, but it is clearly GOOD for your endocrine system, insulin resistance (goes down, more sugar, easier feeds/bigger feeds are still semi healthy)

It does elevate your cholesterol levels in the blood. It does increase fat transportation (which some argue is bad for systemic inflammation).

The most important part of metabolic health is load: calories burnt; the more you burn the healthier you are. Th

What if you're 21, always switching jobs and don't have a backyard of your own?

Keto

El meme mas grande de todos los tiempos.

Im a skelly and i need 3500 cals a day to gain muscle and im too poor to buy all organic ;_;

jej

Isn't keto just the millennial name for Atkins?

Keto is such a strokefest, just do IF. You get basically all the benefit without having some fag diet with a bunch of shit you can't have