Fighting Hand Blisters

Alright guys I have a pretty sttaightforward question, should I invest in some workout gloves or should I power through the pain?

Over the course of the last week I've begun to start lifting weight, dumbbells in particular. I've tried to not miss a single day but I've been getting some pretty annoying blisters right below my fingers, to the point where it's physically painful to even hold the dumbbells. I should mention that the handle on them is a metal "diamond" pattern that is pretty rough but provides a good grip.

My point is, how long does it usually take to properly get calloused, or is it even necessary and I'm just a fucking idiot

Also I apologize in advance for my shit typing

if you're actually that much of a pussy best invest in good gloves- your boyfriend wont appreciate rough handjobs

buy some tennis racket over grips and wrap them around the dumbbell handle.

i have tough dumbbells and it has helped.

jesus christ you're a pussy

Don't be a bitch. Also learn to grip the handle correctly. Mark rippetoe has a video on this IIRC.

I've lifted for 10 yrs and never worn gloves because I'm not a pussy

Maybe get some wrist support in about 3 yrs when you put a plate on each side of the bench

You will never get fit if you can't endure pain.

Why are my hands bleeding every time I deadlift

Becuase your gripping the bar wrong and pinching the skin retard.
Also cut off any large calluses after working out and moisturise them

Take a few days off and let the blisters heal up. Also, you're gripping the bar wrong. Hold it in your fingers, not your palm.

I hope youre not lifting weights every single day

I wouldn't buy gloves just to drop them in a few weeks. What I would do is: buy bandage, wrap your hands up, so you can actually lift, when the healing process is over go to YT and look for a tutorial about grip. I used to destroy my palms with barbell rows and pullups, because I couldn't get a proper grip. Now the callouses are not that big, they don't hurt and I haven't ripped one of my hands for like 6 months, so it is definitely doable.

i bought pic related when i finally joined the 2 pl8 club.
1 plate bench after 3 years, woa.. got there in 2 months user u hitting your macros?

Never use gloves ever.

The blisters get hard and solid after about 3 months, after that you'll never feel pain again.

Why not? Maybe he's not a fucking pussy. Rest days are for the weak.
I wore gloves for about a year, but that was back when the health of my hands was directly related to my performance at work. Unless this is the case for you (musician, surgeon, etc), you probably don't need gloves. Read up on proper grip and hand care, and save the $40.

Wrist support for a 60kg bench after 3 years?

Breh.

What's wrong with you? Calluses are fucking rad and I love how rough and rugged they are

noncalloused hands = fag

wanna get real manly hands? get some heavy grips or similar, not the pussy ones with padding, enjoy having rough hard skin all the way up your fingers

feels good man

stop being a pussy u fucking nigger.

>run my hand up a girls leg
>ow user! your hands are too rough
There's no way she's letting you near her couchie after that

I unironically have to use them sometimes because my hands sweat like motherfuckers to a point chalk just turns into an icky paste instead of helping. But against callouses? Nah.

>hfw my hands are “ribbed for her pleasure” like the condom ad says
btw you should visit a shrink couchie once in a while if you think calling it couchie will do anything but make it blast out the win98 shutdown tune

What program are you on that has you lift every day?

If your not then why even live

Found the virgin.

I've had callouses since I was 13 from sport, hands have only gotten tougher since working labour to pay for college. I've literally never had a girl complain about my hands.

It's legit happened, she even pulled some sweet smelling hand lotion out and made me moisterise my hands

>he thinks I've actually ever said the word couchie out loud.
Wew lad

Just stop being a pussy and develop calluses. My gf hates my rough hands, but I don't lift for her.

just stop posting

No thank you

What I did was for my first week or so, was start my workout without gloves and if it hurt too much by the end put them on for my last couple sets. This allows you to get your full workout in while still developing callouses.

get some fucking chalk you cretin

Power through it.

People will call you a pussy, but do what you want. You'll eventually get callous and your hands will become stronger.

In my experience, gloves don't seem to prevent callouses, they just form in more awkward places.

Leather gloves can be nice, when I use to wear them I felt like I got more torque on the bar, and it helps with sweat.