5/3/1 variations

So yesterday i saw a thread weather triumvirate or BBB was the best 5/3/1 and i was thinking if we could get a 5/3/1 variations thread going?
So, post all the different 5/3/1 you have seen, I saw someone say in the tread yesterday that there is a "double 5/3/1" where you have two main lifts a day, but i could not find it on google.

There's like fifty thousand of them and that's not even counting the stuff that hasn't made it onto the net.

You're gonna be here a while if you want all of them.

google "black iron beast calc" and "n-suns 531 LP"
you're welcome

>do Building The Monolith
>eat your bodyweight in ground beef and eggs
>???
>profit

I don't get why 5/3/1 treat pull movements as secondary to push and leg movements

When I'm stalling on madcows I'll be starting on something like this:

Mon:
Pendlay 5/3/1
(assisted) Pull-ups 5x10

Tue:
Bench 5/3/1
Ohp 5x10

Wed:
Squat 5/3/1
Dead 5x10

Thu:
(weighted) Pull-ups 5/3/1
Pendlay 5x10

Fri:
Ohp 5/3/1
Bench 5x10

Sat:
Dead 5/3/1
Squat 5x10

Not sure about accesories yet.
Feedback and suggestions?

Because for something to work as a main movement in 5/3/1, you have to be able to effectively and safely go up into that 90-100% range. Which doesn't generally work with pulling movements.

That seems to be a bit much for me. but what do you guys think of:
M:OHP/Bench/row/face-pulls
T: Squat/DL/abs/calves
W:rest
T:OHP/Bench/chins/face-pulls
F:Squat/DL/abs/cales
All main lifts are 5/3/1

That's pretty close to the standard assistance template. Lotta people find they do better with a bit more volume on the main lift (jokers, FSL, something along those lines) but the original does work.

BtM is effective but it'll just about murder anyone who goes in without their shit together. Especially those later press workouts.

Since the BBB have way more volume than this it would make sense right, and since I'm not an advanced lifter yet this would mean that I would have somewhat faster progression than the standard template. Since you progress twice as fast as the standard one.

You'll be bumping up your training max twice as often, but that isn't the same thing as progressing twice as fast. You can try it and see but most lifters are going to have a hell of a time keeping up with that rate, especially when you're doing lifts already fatigued.

True, but since there is so low volume, will this be a problem, or can you recover until next time? As an late novice/early intermitted lifter

It's impossible to say for sure. You might be able to pull it off but it's running against how 5/3/1 is meant to work. Low volume also isn't entirely a beneficial thing given the layout of the program.

unironically powerlifting program

also isn't 5/3/1 a rep/set scheme? can't you do a 5/3/1 PPL, 5/3/1 UL, 5/3/1 brosplit and shieet?

All factors adjusted first and third will literally kill you. 531 UL can and has been done but success depends on exercise selection.

well compared to n-suns531 this has to be more easy on the body, since n-suns531 has a lot of volume and uses the 531 intensity with weekly progression

531 is trash do a real program

t.alan thrall

nah man, 5/3/1 brosplit can and has been done. even wendler recommends some versions of it, not sure why you'd think that.

I'm doing just the plain Beyond 531, nothing fancy but the addition of joker sets and the last set of AMRAP really helps add some volume. It's also nice that the first two weeks of a cycle don't feel too easy now, but I don't feel like a failure if I miss a joker set since it's not mandatory anyway.

>people say 531 is shit then unironically suggest nsuns

Have you seen what he looks like? A complete dyel Redditor

>5/3/1 chest
k
>5/3/1 back
k-ish depending on exercise choice
>5/3/1 arms
95%RM hammer curl niggi
>5/3/1 delts
lmao@5/3/1 lateral raises and rear delt fly
>5/3/1 abs
2PL8 WEIGHTED CRUNCH

...nah, I was mostly memeing, I know it can be done, I just never saw a template I would trust for it.

>2PL8 WEIGHTED CRUNCH
all shitposting aside some guy at my old gym attempted a 120lbs weighted situp and nearly crippled himself. those were the days

I've done a set of 135 on the decline bench to prove a point.

Possible the single dumbest thing I've done in the gym and there's some competition.

kek gj lad

>there's some competition
elaborate

Leaving aside the genuine Strongman lifts (which, lets face it, are ugly as fuck and responsible for 90% of the minor injuries I've ever picked up lifting weights) there was also the Zercher clean, the impromptu attempt to turn a T-bar row setup into something I could practice a kind of faux atlas stone row on, one-arm pressing the preloaded barbells (again, proving a point. There's very little you can't get me to do via a direct challenge, except possibly thinking ahead) and bench pressing using the rackable trap bar because some knob broke the swiss bar.

You can probably triple that list if you extend it to lifts that simply look weird. I kind of went through a conjugate phase for a while there.

You sound like a really fun lifting buddy tbqh

You seem like an alright lad. The only thing I have to offer is dislocating both shoulders backwards from trying to clean and push press the axle. Beautiful sound it made, too.

curious about this

I wounder this as well

Ill post my fav variation again
> bench 531 chinups 8 reps. dips bb row
> press 531 chinups 5 reps. Cgb db row

eyyy

k buddy