>come back from the gym
>hit a new squat PR
>post workout high takes charge
>text ex-gf if we could talk about things one more time
>go take a dump
>realize what i did
>look at my phone
>she replied

Guess who's going to talk to a girl he loved and saw a future with but got dumped ?
All because of a workout high

God
Damnit

You are a child if you are not willing to take responsibility for your actions.

Don't try to hide behind excuses, Stop being a sad cunt - be a sick cunt.

Should i at least tell her that i hit my squat PR?

Outside of Veeky Forums and some closeted homosexuals that you know irl, nobody gives a shit

She lifts too though user

Then if it's relevant to the topic of discussion it's ok. protip: bragging is an aweful topic starter.

I believe the topic of discussion will be the relationship and how it ended and i might distract her and myself by telling her about my PR
I don't want to do this user help

If you haven't replied to her reply, don't answer. It's petty, but also alpha as fuark. And what have you to lose?

I may or may not have replied to her so it's going down this evening.
Was really emotionally invested in this gal, the break up actually got me srsly into lifting.

Alright, Tell her that you're looking for closure.
Ask her about something that had bothered you when you were together. Worst case scenario tell her the truth, that you were lonely and wanted someone to talk to, it's okay to be human - so what if she sees you as being vulnerable it's not like she hasn't seen that before.

in the end thank her and then DELETE HER FUCKING NUMBER DUMBASS, don't do this to her or yourself in the future, when you break up you're supposed to break up not fester in this limbo forever.

I don't want to look like a weak cunt to her. What if i start rambling about how much i loved her?
I've got some dumbbells somewhere i might do some curls to distract myself.

>delete her number
Man i'm not really for deleting someone out of your life

Be honest - do you want to get back together with her?

Note that if you do, and she's not in a rough spot in life, she will never respect you as much as she used to.

I uhm I would be lying if i said i haven't been thinking about it?

>Man i'm not really for deleting someone out of your life

You deserve the fate you choose.

I need to get back to the gym and not talk to her right

I'm in a similar boat user. Breakup was 2 months ago now plus change and it was messy. She did some low shit, tried to hide it from me for a while after the breakup, I found out about it and gave her hell. Was probably harsher than I needed to be and conceded that but you know, at the end of the day she's your ex for a reason.

She's the kinda person to never ever break radio silence even if it's killing her not to talk to someone. Hell hath no fury.

Get on with your life and I'll try to as well.

Just own up to your mistakes, be honest with yourself and the folks around you.

Yes, not talking to an ex is a good idea. Tell her that you made a mistake calling and promise her to never do so again. then DELETE THE FUCKING NUMBER, stop this from happening again.
Get a rebound slut on tinder, fuck her senseless. forget this girl.

Like my father used to say: there's plenty of fish in the sea, you know if you ever run out of women.

Man do i feel like shit now, kinda regretting i texted her in the first place now.
She's going to call me in a couple of hours nonetheless. I might just man up take the call and tell her

Yes

This
is a very good idea.

You obviously didn't work out. Whatever magic you had when you started dating is long gone. Just find someone new who doesn't see any negatives in you yet. Someone who still subconsciously believes that of all the women in the world, you chose her. Your ex already knows this is a lie if you go back to her.

>Just find someone new who doesn't see any negatives in you yet
Shouldn't it be about the negatives too? Accepting then but still wanting to be with someone?

it's mostly about tricking people into liking you and then getting them with a sunk cost fallacy/fear of loneliness to stick around.

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I love you and you love me too
If this stockholm syndrome thing is true

So we hurt ourselves by working out and in return we hurt others by emotionally turning them against themselves thus them feeling the need to stay with us?

It's the human condition.
You can ignore it and pretend to be romantic or you can be at ease with it and try to turn it into something constructive.(Protip: take the latter option even if it seems harder)

Man that sucks

Guess i'll take a nap and mentally prepare for the talk
I can already feel feelings rising up once again.
God damn am i an idiot.

The negatives come with the positives.

Imagine your current gym closed down. Two gyms open in other parts of town and send door to door salesmen to quickly build up a customer base. The first one shows up and offers you membership for say $50 a month. The second one shows up later and offers you membership for $40 a month. Then maybe a week later the first guy comes back and drops his price to $40.

Doesn't it seem like something is wrong with the first gym that the salesman had to make a second round and drop his price? Whereas the second guy might've done the same but missed you the first time around, or maybe that gym is already really popular. It's a mystery until you actually show up there. You know nothing other than their membership price.

Comparing a gym membership to a relationship with someone feels a bit weird but i'm getting what you're saying.
Accepting the positives and the negatives is key i know but wanting to stay despite the negatives is what will make it last in the end.

Well obviously your ex didn't want to do that.

And w.r.t. the analogy, life's just a long series of sales pitches. You'd be surprised how many women have compared relationships to jobs. For example, an ugly guy asking them out is like getting an unsolicited interview offer from McDonalds.

Ha, that one made me laugh. Thanks my man.

NO NOSTALGIA FOR THE RUINED PAST, OP
>"TheLordsent a rain of burning sulfur down from the sky on Sodom and Gomorrahand destroyed those cities. He also destroyed the whole Jordan Valley, everyone living in the cities, and even all the plants.
At that point Lot’s wife looked back. When she did, she became a pillar of salt."
Do not look back on what has been ruined, left, or broken. You are moving to better things beyond your ex.

Apologizes for the bad copy/paste.