youtube.com/watch?v=Bt4Xx3vX3Lg
youtube.com/watch?v=2GsU5EHW9x4
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/43004087/#43010851
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first

>Dropbox stuff, only link I've got to hand
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tZIonSOwhM3iM0gTYVXuUAw/htmlview

By >breaking the bar over my shins I mean pulling slack and engaging lats

I will try hard. A lot of sets at low weight until I go for working weights today.

reminder for yakob to disregard meme advice

you know what to do

heres eddie hall implementing that tech que i showed you
>youtube.com/watch?v=T9Y4o_BqC0A
>youtube.com/watch?v=w95Yi9HcQ7s

as a GDE levarges for deadlift (stubby short arms) I need to perfect my form hard

If u want a big didlift just pool sumoi

not a fan of cheating
shame on you

so does eddie hall hes still best dedlifter ever

btw notice how he leans back on his heel before he pulls, hes actively cueing it. His arms arent long either the bar is right under his balls, with you maybe slightly higher

you just need better techhs and trenning the Lats more

Cheat on chicks not weights

Sumo isnt used by heavy weight guys and Im aiming to be 115kg+

sumo is for twinks

oh boy here it comes!

BRRRRRFFAPPPPT

FIRST TWO BURSTS HAVE UNLOADED INTO THE TOILET

Just call me brap master billy!

Let's see if I can squeeze out another log of Norman Khan because this needs to go the fuck back into the toilet WHERE IT BELONGS

Sumo's actually pretty common in the highest weight classes. Not typically used by the best pullers but you see a lot of it. Turns out that while the gut helps bench and squat it can fuck your ability to deadlift conventional.

Being 115kg+ will mean I can do strongman from time to time and that blows sumo away

stop forcing me to darkside

sumo is for fggts

Speaking from experience, you're gonna want to stay u-105 to dabble in strongman (unless you're in one of those mythical places that actually uses the intermediate weight classes). Unless I've majorly misjudged your height.

Film a 90° side angle when you do lad

Im 190cm aka 6'2 and some. Eddie is 3cm taller.

and I have broader shoulders than most of taller guys and even bodybuilders. Last night bodybuilder that is my height wanted to compare shoulder width beacuse he said Im definietly way broader than him

It's not so much height as the way the weight classes are set up in Strongman. They usually go straight from 105/231 to open and the weights in open tend to be based on the idea that the average competitor is in fact an unusually small hippopotamus wearing a human suit. Which can be pretty brutal if you're just dabbling. Nothing like a rising bar log press that starts in the mid 300s at a bloody local show.

nice blog

better fill those 120+ kg !

I would like to at some point, I want to be really big gui

Sumo's used in the lower classes for ROM reduction. Smaller guys get a lot more ROM reduction because of shorter limbs. Once you're into the 120's the lifters are generally tall enough that a wider stance doesn't offer much in the way of ROM reduction but still has all the negatives of sumo.

Belly thing is a good point though.

I do not understand these fucking units, why the fuck is 6'2 190cm when 5'11 is 180?

180 is 5'10"

small guys always use rom reduction, also insane backsnap arch and max grip on bench

just shows you small guys are just weak

6'2 is 188 cm, 5'11 is 180.5 cm. Basically each inch is 2.5 cm.

No it's not i just checked. 190,5 is 6'3 so Yakob is basically 6'3 since 0,5 cm is nothing.

lived my whole life thinking 180cm was 5'11....

>giving a fk about arbritary numbers
stop being a mental gde

>just shows you small guys are just weak

It's almost like powerlifting is a sport about lifting the most weight in 3 disciplines with loosely defined rules that can be manipulated, rather than an actual objective measure of strength (don't ask me what that would be though).

People take this shit too seriously, and get their feelings hurt over it.

I like to be strong in the big 3, but I also like to be able to powerclean, push press, front squat, sprint, and be athletic.

Powerlifting isn't a good sport, but I have a good time doing it with friends.

Powerlifting with correct approach is excellent sport to build strength, speed etc. With good combination of pylometric movements, other conditioning stuff its literally how nfl/rugby players build themselves

yeah me too but its the only sport where i can compete in strength without having to watse time on learning tech

"Using the bench/squat/dead" is not the same thing as powerlifting. Lotta the former, not so much of the latter.

if you focus on build pure strength, with perfect form but not looking to reduce ROM on given lift its perfect. Basically raw powerlifting with not so much arch on the bench and less usage of sumo.

IMO, powerlifting should include the push press alongside the bench.

nice benis

God no. The push press isn't as bad for judging as the old oly press was, but it's still a bastard to judge.

how is a push press hard to judge nigga

How about "get the weight locked out over head with feet parallel"

So no split jerks.

Finally hit a bench PR I was chasing for a year now

And I did it with a close grip :)

So a power jerk, not a push press?

I don't give a shit, as long as your legs are locked and your arms locked overhead, and your feet stay parallel without shifting or walking.

The knee movement is half of it - you see a lot of people try to get a double-bend in and it's really hard to spot if they're fast. Not too different from the old oly trick of using fast hip movement to hide knee movement.

But the real problem is going to be the whole 'no downward movement' thing, coupled with the fact most powerlifters can't actually front rack a push press (neither can a lot of strongmen, as it happens) and will need to start with the bar elevated.

Having to bust out bumper plates would make the push press a no go for a lot of gyms.

mfw Im throwing bars like a madman at my gym

youtube.com/watch?v=Bt4Xx3vX3Lg

- PRE GYM PUMP SONG

Are dead hangs a meme?

I just tried them and hung for a minute and got really good forearm pump???

hows that a bad thing

youre stretching out your shoulders and back and getting a forearm pump at the same time???

The space requirements aren't much fun either. You need to give people a wide berth once leg drive comes into the equation. It's not quite the same thing but I've never seen a crowd of lifters scatter faster than when someone starts staggering with the log overhead.

This is exactly how you work forearms, you take something heavy (this time your body) and you hang or carry it for a long time

They are great

midfoot cue for deadlift is terrible because the bar is in front of you not in line with your body like trapbar

GURGLE GURGLE GURGLE

so where do you have your bar?

By the time you've grown some quads it'll be over midfoot at lockout too

In terms of weighted pullup for 5, how much weight would i need to attach to my pull up to have a stable neutral 4 plate conventional dead lift

I deadlift 180kg and my chin-up is 110kg
I hope that helps

5kg +2,5kg

it depends on your weight you mong

if you do it +10kg at 70kg and I do it without any weight for 5 my gonna be more stable anyway

do you weigh 110 kg?

You can deadlift 4 pl8 and be unable to do a single bodyweight pull up if you weigh 180 kilograms. Hope I helped.

no

Just fucked some woman's husband

I have weak lats man, i weigh 220 lb and cant even do 5 pull ups with no weight

Kys fag

I can deadlift around 5pl8 (with a little rounding) and can do 3x10 chins with a total weight of 205 lbs.

Just do 10-20 reps in a workout 4 times a week. Shoot for total reps instead of fixed set/rep ranges.

>move feet back more
>add 5kg to my binch

WUT DA FUG????

>Tfw eating so much i get so bloated i cant function until it settles down
im drinking straight apple vinegar now to aid digestionni i thinki it helps

how do I stop being a twink faggot?

>accidentally skipping meals

I'm cucking myself

How do we fix powerlifting?

First of all remove sumo of course. Then we'd need to redefine bench to remove hyper arching. Any ideas?

I wish I could answer this. When I started lifting I got big and strong but it didn't stop me from crossdressing

Remove all "natty" powerlifters lol :).

>remove sumo
I physically can't conventional with a straight back. I have abnormally long legs (in particular shins, but femurs are also much longer than average) and shorter than average arms. I could probably improve my mobility more but even then my shoulder would have to start at the same height as my hips.
Sumo is the only way for me to train the deadlift without feeling like I'm gonna snap my shit up at any moment.

Removing bench arch is silly imho but I wouldn't care too much because it just lowers my bench numbers but doesn't pose any immediate risk to my health.

Upper arms must at least hit parallel to the floor

youtube.com/watch?v=2GsU5EHW9x4 bench arching should bother you

>2 inch rom
fucking piece of shit

How to fix PL:
>Make it male only
>remove the 59 and 66kg weight class
(Nobody watches either of these)
>give winners prize money
>make the squat depth slightly deeper
>restrict how far back your feet can go
(Feet in line with hips maximum?)
>restrict sumo width
(Shins have to be straight for example?)

Vertical shins even*

The feet one is in reference to bench also*

These are all good. The problem with deeper squat though is definition and judgement issues. How would you rigorously define said depth? Also prize money is hard, because that comes from spectators, and powerlifting isn't a very interesting spectator sport

That's because there's too many lifters and too many weight classes that nobody wants to watch.
Brett Gibbs vs John Haack for example was very entertaining, but I didn't watch the rest of the stream.

They should allow the use of carefully placed cameras to capture and judge squat depth

I think IPF squat depth is fine. Lolfeds just need to catch up.

this is the equivalent of a 2inch rack pull

>>Make it male only
do you even realise how many amateur hot chicks do pl

I know how many anavar abusing meathead chicks do it

You're thinking of recreational female power lifters who are usually massive iron lyfers and have the personality of a rusted barbell

yes im talking about those recrea ones

doesnt matter to me pussy is pussy

They've all got boyfriends dummy, that's who gets them into lifting

lol. Do you guys realise the IPF infrastructure is just a bunch of old guys who like powerlifting who are too broken to do it anymore? No one's going to be able to implement those changes even if they were relevant to more than a bunch of autistists on the internet who've never competed.

youre kinda autistic but thats ok listen up if you look good and are stronger than the current bf they will swap happend to me like 3 times

Your autistic fantasies tell me more about you than it does me

>thingken i was kidding

You're that stupid frog poster.

You're the sad blogger.

But that's you and your stupid fucking frog poster

desuarchive.org/fit/thread/43004087/#43010851