Flu season

How do you deal with flu? Have any tips protecting yourself from it? Fucking sucks losing gains brehs

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Put on as many hoodies as possible and go for a run.

By the time you wake up, your flu will be gone

Ayy lmao you really think I'm gonna kill myself? You really don't belong on Veeky Forums brah

lmoa at ur bitch of an immune system

Man, you just got to take sensible precautions. Perhaps you can buy some thermal vests and long johns. Change out of your working out clothes as soon as possible. Avoid rain.

Flu shots are god-tier. Also, approach the flu as a mini-cut.

>being this ignorant in health science
Have fun with your flu.

yes goy, get your flu shot. its good for you ;)

its FREE goy!

Sickness is about gut health, you need to eat more fermentable fibers on a daily basis to encourage your gut to kill this shit off. Cabbage, Sourkraut, stems in salads and mixes

smoke cigarettes

I wouldn’t know, I’ve never had the flu. Nor have I ever had a flu shot

Is this a meme? Do you really think the NIH and CDC are controlled by Jews who have the illicit aim of weakening you? The flu shot literally saves lives.

This is not OP, I do have vaccines since I don't wanna die. But there is no flu shot for the common flu right?

>The government wouldn’t lie to me!

Should we tell him?

You need to train your immune system. It's just like lifting, but instead of increasing weight, you need to increase the severity of the illnesses you expose yourself to. Gradually, you will develop an immunity to all of them.

Start off light, something like the common cold. Try to get near as many people with the cold as possible, and beat it as many times as it takes until you no longer get it. After that, move on to heavier diseases like influenza or the black plague. Using the same tecnique, beat them, and you will have developed an immunity to all diseases.

Good luck on your ascention from being an immunelet

Don't try to argue with these people. They literally think that Zionists try to destroy the west. The same exact propaganda that the Nazis spewed, ironically enough.

I never got a flu shot until last year, which was also the first year I ever got the flu, and my sister had a severe reaction to the flu shot too. That's just anecdotal evidence, but I'm probably not going to get another flu shot anytime soon.

If you’ve never had the flu, then getting the shot is worthless

>be 3rd lacrosse player at uni
>take freshers out drinking
>next evening begin to feel scratching in back of throat
>wake morning after with flu

Its too late for me lads. If you go to university or something similar it's impossible not to get ill this time if year short of hiding in your room for a month

We got an anti-vaxxer libtard here.

Wish I could do this, but even in my well paying job I have to sometimes deal with the unwashed masses

Jesus christ i would eat the corn from her shit

Ginger. Seriously.
I used to have a cold every two months or so, lasting for a week and a half. Now every time I get that feeling that I'm about to be sick I drink a cup or two of the following:
150g ginger, shredded/grated
1l water
Squeezed lemon to taste
I've dodged so many colds this way, and if I get sick I'm back to normal in 3 days maximum

>be postgrad
>join lots of new societies
>encounter freshers

>develop terrible cold/flu

FUCK FRESHERS

Gotta try this, love me some ginger beer

retards forget how many tens of thousands of people used to die a year before the flu shot came around

Yeah it's really important to get it! Don't ignore vaccines people. Seen a disgusting trend here in nordic countries of that and a lot of young kids have become very very ill due to skipping vaccines...

>people live in Nordic countries
they should only be so lucky if the flu kills them

Heaps of people coming in from all across the country (and abroad), bringing their unique pathogens with them. Then everyone gets off with everyone, and before you know it you're in your lecture and 50% of the people that bothered to turn up are coughing

You are actually retarded if you believe that the government is looking out for peoples best interest.

Everything comes down to what makes them the most money and you better believe they make a shit ton of money by allowing big pharma to over medicate us.

>7 years ago
>no evidence other than a graph
>no error bars

nice :)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/

is that an american thing? never seen flu shots here in the netherlands

Not one conclusion relevant to your faggotry can be drawn from that graph except youre a faggot

>lacrosse
How much cocaine to you snort every week?

Im a neet, and I go to the gym at weird hours when nobody is around.

Not being around people = no flu

This study only notes the correlation, not the causation. There is no evidence that vaccines are harmful.

>drink a lot, do drugs and stay up until sunrise on sat and sun past weekend, sleep with 2 different girls
>Flu all this week

zzzz think I'm gonna deadlift tonight anyway, was at my worst 2 days ago

>ctrl + f "wash your"
>0 of 0
Wash your fucking hands

Have sex with someone who has the flu to make yourself sick with it before you have assignments and exams due, then eat 4k calories to fuel your body in its fight against it. After this you don't have to worry about it. Think of it as reps for your immune system.

Beers help me, weed makes the sickness last longer

Eat well, stay away from sick people, take extra vitamin c.
Don't get the flu shot because I don't want to have the flu or whatever concoction they have brewed up injected into me to apparently lower the chance of getting the flu.

Sauna to strengthen you immune system. Also pretty neat after working out anyway.

Do not touch your face.
Wash your hands.
Use disinfectant wipes on surfaces in your home.

Good chunk of flu strains have been apparently manmade.
The bird flu and swine flu look as if they were made in a lab apparently.

If they find out that someone has been purposely releasing a mandmade flu epidemic onto the public there isn't a country or body on the planet that will prevent public from going after them.

Wow did you learn that all in highschool?

glutamine, vitamin C, lots of fruits and veggies and keep yourself active, fasted cardio is awesome to boost your metabolism in the morning

That's what you think, goy. Millions know 9/11 was orchestrated by US gov, no one goes after them.

What's the point of vaccinating against flu, the virus mutates very rapidly. That's why you get sick every year. Your antibodies won't protect you when the virus get's slightly different surface proteins.

I work in healthcare in America and they make every fucking associate get a flu shot even if it's a job with 0 patient contact. The hospital even pays for it and it's difficult to get out of.

got any source on that?

>girlfriend has cold
>was kissing her last night

Spinach and water melon for recovery and immune health.

One huge thing that I've learned since I started working as a waiter is that sleep is a huge part of not getting sick. I mean, we all know that sleep is important, no shit. But if I work a long shift where I'm bussing a million tables and touching people's used plates and glasses and then don't get enough sleep afterwards, my chances of catching something skyrocket.

Because the vaccinations cover the latest mutation. That's why they do it year to year, to keep up.

>Your antibodies won't protect you when the virus get's slightly different surface proteins.
Vaccines actually can help protect you from different forms of the same disease, and even a few different ones

Agree with your message pic however looks like garbage tier pancakes that got burned

They're whole wheat and vegan. That's generally what I tend to go for when I have the chance, because if they're not whole grain I don't feel full worth a shit and dairy makes me break out.

Man must suck having so many medical issues with food.

I also don't drink because my liver is messed up. And I live in Wisconsin, where you can't go anywhere without there being beer and cheese.

wait why is the red bar per capita, but the blue bar is just total number? Seems a bit fishy

stop whining and eat garlic, faggots.

Jesus christ just get your fucking flu vaccine they've been around forever.