Cooking with Butter vs Olive Oil

Redpill me on Butter vs Olive Oil

Which one will give the best gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/
youtube.com/watch?v=ie0aYIhc_AE
raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturatedfats.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is not a serious question, is it? Olive Oil by far.

Olive oil, but dont one of the idiots who thinks "HURR FRENCH FRIES IN OLIVE OIL ARE HEALTHY".

It still has 100cal per tbsp, so use it with moderation.

>not knowing that saturated fats are better than MUFAs

Get off Veeky Forums right now.

Olive oil is king. Don't get carried away though - 14g of fat in a serving.

Veeky Forums here. it really depends on two things. what method of cooking are you referring to? and is the olive oil in question extra virgin?

Both are good. Ill cook eggs in butter and chickembreast in oliveoil

>not drinking extra virgin greek olive oil straight from the bottle

never gonna get that greek god physique

Seeing how often butter is used when baking i take its better for higher temp and longer cooking time unlike olive oil
there was some limit to how hot each oil should be before it fucks up their properties

Butter is god-tier. But use coconut oil if you need high temperatures.

Both are good. Just be aware of their composition.
And please don't fall for the meme of avoiding saturated fats. If you have a deficiency of those, your entire hormonal profile gets fucked.

Just be aware of the smoking point of olive oil. Otherwise it hardly matters.

you cant heat olive oil....

There's no such thing as a saturated fat deficiency, and yes it's best avoided as much as possible.

LMAO go to bed grandad.

Not an argument

I have nothing to gain from arguing about nutrition on the internet.

Then sit down, kid

>vegan tries to act tough

>everyone who's not a retard about nutrition is a vegan

*plobs testicles right on your head*
Looks like a good place for them, yeah?
Yeah.

>plobs

Holy shit that was badass

olive oil is not to be used in high temps
use sunflower oil
olive oil for salad
butter for baking

You really should use canola oil, way better for you

just bake your chicken, faggot

both are fine, but daily, I'd go for olive oil
I only use butter when doing red meat which is rarely
for fish and seafood I opt for olive oil + white wine

bait

> Mufasa
> bad

No but the cook is extra virgin.

Your tumblr image spam don't mean butter is healthy

hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/

>he still believes in the outdated 90s belief that saturated fats are bad

Okay grandpa.

Yeah dude every chef in the world is just playing a prank on you.

>the mainstream view among all of the world's authorities on the issue is an "outdated 90s belief"

But you know better because you googled "butter is healthy" and fell for every sales pitch.

who the fuck puts butter in coffee

youtube.com/watch?v=ie0aYIhc_AE

I've never done it, but I'm willing to try it tbqh with you pham...

raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturatedfats.shtml

Unsaturated fats cause aging, clotting, inflammation, cancer, and weight gain.
Avoid foods which contain the polyunsaturated oils, such as corn, soy, safflower, flax, cottonseed, canola, peanut, and sesame oil.
Mayonnaise, pastries, even candies may contain these oils; check the labels for ingredients.

Pork is now fed corn and soy beans, so lard is usually as toxic as those oils; use only lean pork.

Fish oils are usually highly unsaturated; "dry" types of fish, and shellfish, used once or twice a week, are good. Avoid cod liver oil.

Use vitamin E.

Use coconut oil, butter, and olive oil.

Unsaturated fats intensify estrogen's harmful effects.

Yea my test level is perfectly (((normal)) doctor Jewstein!

How can I add whey to my coffee? It'll taste gross however I try to do it, won't it?

>sesame oil

fug, I could've swore I read sesame seeds raise test...

How can people let themselves fall for so many meme at the same time ?

Don't cook with olive oil you mong, has a low smoking point.

Why would that even matter? World class chefs all around the world cook with olive oil.

Use cold pressed olive oil. The retards here think it's all the same

You oil a pan to provide an even cooking surface that reaches a high temperature to allow food to brown, or to act as a barrier between food and cooking surface so it doesn't stick. An oil that has burned looses the ability to do both effectively.

The smoke point of most oils that contain particulate matter (unrefined), is far lower than those of pure oils (refined) because they burn the particulate matter first. Things l like olive oil, coconut oil and butter usually have a smoke point of less than 350F, far less than the temperatures you usually saute or bake at. Refined oils have smoke points around 500F or so.

I rarely use butter because its expensive as fuck, only use it on stuff like toast. Olive oil is simaler since its expensive I use it sparingly on salads, never for cooking. To cook I use some kind of animal fat whether it be beef, pork, duck etc. A little bit of each oil and fat is good, but dont go overboard, about a tablespoon of each a day is what I use.

Also avoid any cheap oils like soybean (labeled as veg oil often!), canola, corn or anything like that because they all contain polyunsaturated fats which isnt good at all, the only reason its a thing is because they have gmo rapeseed plants and soybeans which are a cheap way to produce oil. Plus soy is estrogen central, and it isnt good for gains unless you think bitch tits are a goal.

I unironically use both when I cook chicken.

Am... Am I going to die?

sounds creative and like it tastes good

I thought you want all that fat

he's (partly) right though. extra virgin olive oil should only be used for drizzling, but normal olive oil can be used for cooking.

What a goober.

nah it's fine and tastes good. i think gordon ramsay does that sometimes.