/fat/ Diet soda is healthier than water edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread:

broccoli tastes really good

green beans and asparagus blow broccoli the fuck out

>"make it" physically
>rest of life is a utter disaster
>still no friend
>still broke
>still no gf
why lift brehs?

niggers are less healthy than whites according to studies.

Green beans > broccoli > asparagus.

road to greatness is started one step at a time

at least we can agree on grean beans being the tastiest veg. put a lil butter in there, eat loads, and enjoy fluffly poo poos, it piss

>butter on vegetables

kys

There is another thread up

170cm, 83kg (5ft6, 182lbs)

squat 120kg (264lbs) x 8reps
dead 130kg (286lbs) x 10reps
bench 100kg (220lbs) x 8reps
barbell row 85kg (187lbs) x 8reps
barbell curl 40kg (88lbs) x 8 reps

1. Do I need to lose 10 or 15kg?
2. Are my arms too weak?
3. Why am I trying so much when it always ends up in failure?

fat fucks

I'm currently over 300 lbs and am on a deficit. I walk 2.5 miles daily for exercise. Is this enough or should I do more intense cardio or weight lifting? My plan was to get down to 240 before beginning a weight lifting regimen.

Only if you buy me drinks first.

Get on the cardio. You'll find your body will just adjust to long walks, and it just won't get your heart racing enough.

If you've done zero lifting there's no reason to wait. You'll still be losing fat at a faster rate than you'll gain muscle so you're going to lose it. The muscle added will help overall and make you into a better shape visually. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is high intensity cardio which at your weight probably will be bad on your joints. Keep doing the cardio but don't push yourself in intensity until you're slimmer. If you want to challenge yourself make the duration longer.

Would alternating between 45mins on a stationary bike, and 2.5 mile walks be good? Would I need rest days?

>cardio

cardio is a meme and should only be for warm ups. Do some deads and squats and pounds will melt off

so that even if you don't have a great life, you stop having to deal with the psychological agony of genuinely believing you don't deserve one

CONFESS
receive YHWH into your heart and calorie counts on this day of atonement

>have a 1500 cal limit for today
>lost my will, binged and ate 1650

im never gonna make it fuck

i ate a small prepackaged breakfast burrito for 272kcal

it's all i've had so far but i still feel bad about it. because of my weight, part of me feels bad for eating at all; *despite* my weight, part feels bad for not eating *enough*; and *all* of me feels bad for breaking my adherence to gluten-free veganism

currently trying to decide whether to binge, eat normally for the rest of the day, or fast for the rest of the day

Does my confession have to be food related?
I have been doing something I am ashamed of but it isn't food related

have to lose a little over 4lbs by the monday after next. with 2 fasting days that'll have a 25 mile bikeride on them and eating ~1300 plus cardio, is it possible to make that?
tdee is 2100 but i feel like i've been retaining weight somehow. i don't think i eat enough salt to be a big deal for water retention
>inb4 oil

>or about 14 minutes on a stair treadmill machine to work off 150 calories.

this is a day of forgiveness for all sins goy

>gluten-free veganism

3 days in a row, I've been doing fucking good after falling off the wagon full throttle

I am still very fat, I won't give exact numbers but I am at least 160lbs over a healthy weight. I recently found out that there is an anorexia support group at a nearby community building every 2nd wednesday.

To try and cope with my weight I have been hiding in my car outside the centre and when the anorexic women come out I follow them home in my car. I choose a different one each week to avoid suspicion.

I am doing it to feel like I am so skinny I have to attend anorexia meetings. A couple of times I even broke into the building and slipped shopping receipts under the door with 'SHAME' written on to make it seem like I am an anorexic who is scared to go to the meetings.

I feel bad though because I am exploiting the mentally ill.

I mean it’s weird but I think you already know that.

Literally the mentally ill leading the mentally ill.

Eat normally for the rest of the day.

Why are you eating gluten-free and vegan? Are you a celiac? If the answer to that is no then gluten-free will give you absolutely zero benefit, and also know that most of the gluten-free stuff has more sugar/fat added than the regular stuff.

As for being vegan, that's a more difficult topic as it's ethics- but if you're doing veganism for dieting purposes then I'd ask yourself why. You need to set yourself up for the rest of your life- completely eliminating food groups that you enjoy will tend to just lead to binging- just calorie count and portion control.

Mind, if you're doing vegan for ethical reasons- then sure- knock yourself out. I'd perhaps suggest if you're struggling to start with being veggie however.

wew
at least youre getting exercise

gluten free because i'm a celiac, yeah

vegan for kind of ethical reasons...? i do think it's a little tiny bit wrong to eat meat and animal products i guess but imo it's only human, hardly anything unforgivable and non-vegans are absolutely within their rights to just be chill about it and not worry about it. but for me it's different because it's food. when it comes to food i have to be either absolutely morally clean or an absolute horrendous pig. this strict dichotomy of eating habits is some kind of compulsion enforced by my inner demons. it's basically stupid

i'm already vegetarian, always have been. transitioning to veganism was easier than i thought it would be, but when i'm trying to diet really strictly in terms of calories, even restrictions in variety that normally wouldn't bother me start getting to me

>Started first ever job recently
>Work 6 days a week for 9 hours
>No time to work out anymore like when I was an unemployed NEET
>Literally got a gym membership two days before I got called telling me I was hired
>Gym is 24 hours but I'm so tired when I get off work I go straight to bed
>Too tired to even work out on my days off

Thankfully I haven't gained any weight but I also haven't lost any.

Meh, I'm a vet student that eats meat- I'm probably the last person that should be commenting on the ethics of it all to be honest with you.

However, you really do need to tackle your eating habits- as you say, it's silly. You won't be able to eat "clean" completely for the rest of your life- things are going to happen, you're going to have to eat out at some point, you're going to have to eat something that someone else cooked etc etc. Remember, as much as dieting is about loosing weight- it's also about creating habits for the rest of your life that you can sustain.

Have you tried pre-logging, and pre-portioning everything out? So when you get to the fridge- and say want a packet of salted almonds/crisps/whatever else you enjoy that's not exactly strictly 'healthy' then you know you can have it as you've already pre-logged it, and know you've portioned out the right amount.

I've taken to even buying smaller bars of chocolate (think like the kids size bars)- because they're easier to portion than a larger bar which would take me forever to get through at the amount I allow myself (1 block every other night) and it's easier.

Little steps- I used to be very similar to you - I'd have panic attacks about what I was going to eat (espically if we went out somewhere- I'd stand in the middle of the coffee shop and have a melt down about ordering a black americano). However, the pre-logging and knowing how much calories spare I have to play with everyday has let me loosen up a bit.

Best of luck user, and defo eat normally today!

tfw dinner was a big bowl of shredded chicken with 0 calorie hot sauce

About 600 calories and like 180g protein

Brah, u need help. Go deadlift some heavy weight while theres still time

Hope u get better from the head

I'm with you, I started University three years ago and as my course is crazy I put on 10kg a year. Don't run the slippy path of giving up because you're tired and it's an easy option to eat whatever you want right now- it's not worth it.

Concentrate on your food for now, make sure you keep logging- and then in a few weeks when you're more used to the job start trying to weave the gym back in. Even if you just go for half an hour once or twice a week to begin with - just don't fall off the wagon. You can keep loosing weight with just diet alone.

I ate too little today. Forced half a cucumber down my throat, but ending up at under 800kcals for the day.
I will try to do better tomorrow and not eat such a filling lunch.

It actually is healthier than water if the soda doesn't have fluoride in it.

I've been eating only 1000 calories a day for the past 4 days, with at least 30 minutes of walking a day, and 30 minutes of lifting every other day. I'm 197 pounds and 5'10" so I should probably eat more but I seriously want to lose weight as fast as I can.

I'm fasting today instead of tomorrow. I am on track to lose weight, but my lifts are no greater than they were TWO YEARS AGO.

Forgive me father, for I have not progressed at all in years.

same brah
>you'll lose your gains
pic related

Lads, I am so fucking close to being under 400 fat fuck pounds for the first time in several years. I have only 16 pounds to get past this threshold. Please give me your energy.

How fat were you when you started?

did gym for 600 cals this afternoon and eat a bag of doritos so i'm back to 0 progress for today.

>tfw ate hater doughnuts

>tfw can't into diet soda anymore

my teeth are yellow as fuck. I'm cutting out coffee and soda completely.

help me god

you may some day be half of what you are now . god speed fat fuck!

>haven't eaten at all today
>plan on devouring a whole pizza which is 1700 calories
>friends also want to hang out, they usually want to go to McDonalds or a jap buffet
>they both sound really good, but i g-guess the pizza can wait until tomorrow

>tfw its cheese stuffed crust meat lovers

Gave up diet soda a year ago. Now I'm drinking 4-5 liters of fucking coke zero every day and I feel like I'm going to die at any moment. Help me quit soda cold turkey, give me your strength.

I WANT RESULTS FASTER REEEEEEEEEEE

What's that particular food that you're craving badly for, /fat/? You're not gonna give in and grab some tonight, are you..?

>gave up diet soda
I meant to say I gave up regular soda a year ago

I'm trying not to

fuck now i really want some pumpkin pie

Green beans? Brussel sprouts are way better.

I want to get a whopper. I'm proud of myself for not having any cheat days though and wouldn't want to ruin it.

Damn there's a whole jar of chocolate spread and butter in the fridge, and freshly baked white bread that's still warm sitting on the counter top. I've eaten 1200 calories today

I'm actually on the verge of tears

>tfw slightly yellow-ish teeth but with faint orange stains that I can't seem to clean

I managed to kick the smoking habit but I still drink a lot of coffee.. It helps me cope with fasting. I know, I know- water should be enough to help me get through fasts, but it's just not enough for me

>"We're bringing home Wendy's, user, what do you want from there?"

e-everything

>mom make me serve her icecream
>mom has her friend bring doughnuts because i won't
>leaves them on the table
>they keep offering me shit despite knowing i'm on a fucking diet

I had a portion of off-brand Cheetos today, a cup of water with one scoop of whey and half a cup of plain greek yogurt.
I'm not sure if this is worth confessing.

a bacconator... bacconator fries... m-m.. i-i mean large chocolate frosty...

Gyros. I've wanted them so badly for two years and still haven't had them. Mostly because the only decent place around is in a hellish part of Cleveland and I don't feel like dying.

>27 and can't even get a job at the fucking grocery store
I've build all kinds of muscle and now losing weight but shit like this makes me want to legit rope myself. I just feel so fucking worthless lads. I don't even want to touch on the social shit because that's a complete disaster. I just wish i could workout forever. god fucking danmn

it sounds like you're addicted to the artificial sweeteners, don't try to quit cold turkey that probably won't work. You're only going to be able to quit if you do it slowly, slowly ween yourself off. If you drank less today than yesterday think of that day as a success, try and succeed every day.

>tfw quit broccoli cold turkey

join military and go pog. essentially paid to work out and do minimal work

>6 days into my diet
>not really fat, but I've already lost like 4 lbs
>it's most likely water weight I've lost, but I'm still proud of myself because this is the longest time I've been on a diet without breaking like 2 or 3 days in
>haven't told my family that I'm on a diet
>mom hasn't said anything but I'm sure she's noticed me eating healthier
>I've started to notice that all those times that I've been on a diet for a few days and failed my mom has bought a shit ton of junk food at the same time
>I haven't broken yet but like a few days ago she bought 2 boxes of cookies and 2 boxes of muffins
I could just be over thinking things but still

See pic related:

You're not overthinking things at all

holy shit you are fucking paranoid, lol get ahold of yourself just eat the junk food lmao dude just be yourself man

THAt fucking 1400 calorie Big King Rodeo....the first new Burger King item in like 6 years I haven’t been able to try

I was about 280, before walking, I'm at 202 now, and starting doing incline. Found it burns more calories, so do that if you find that just walking isn't doing it for you anymore. It'll be better than jogging at your weight because of the less impact.

You could go with a friend and eat 1/2. 700 calories in one meal is probably doable, right?

pizza
i gave in already and grabbed 2 slices from the cafeteria

but i'm still at 650kcal total intake for the day and the day is now over so it's all good :^)

please kill me

>pizza
>2 slices
>still at 650kcal total for the day
u wot m7

it's true though, it was university pizza so i could look up the nutrition facts, the nutrition facts said only 190kcal per slice

As long as you're drinking it black there's nothing wrong with coffee except for the teeth staining.

>accidentally ate too many fritos so I have to forego having rice with my chicken tonight

>eating rice when your fat
cheat day?

I had some calories left over for the day and thought I'd use them on having a side with my chicken, but like everything else in my life, I fucked up

>caring about type of food at all
>not just stringently counting calories and simply accepting and enduring any micronutrition deprivation that comes as a consequence of your cravings
jeez it's like you don't even binge eating disorder with body dysmorphic features

Rome wasn't built on one day you whiny fuck

really want to try it, saving that for a day i especially hate myself

Is this pasta? Feel like I've read this before

>finally drop to 200 from 235
>had a qt grill come over and cuddle
>turns out she's a weed smoker
>totally turned off
>shame because she's got great knockers and a really pretty face

Is this what its like to date? learn you hate the other person and just instantly kill the mood?

Yes. Dating is an elaborate job interview.

if you express your distaste for her vice and she really likes you she'll quit. if not, she ain't worth it brah

Happiness

Forgive my /fat/

I started going to an over eaters anonymous support group a few months ago. There's some really fucked up people there, i sobered me up and I got my nutrition on track and lost about 40lbs.

I tried to tell a few people in the support group all I did was eat less but they didn't want to hear it. I eventually got fed up and said the real secret is butter, I pretty much said I drank a cup of melted butter in the morning and the weight just melted off.

I had fun telling a few of them this and one really large guy in particular was really into it, but when I went to the meeting tonight I found out that guy had killed himself after he gained a bunch of weight. It was pretty intense in group and afterwards the organizer asked me not to come back.

Bullshit. I've been drinking nothing but butter for two weeks and lost 63 pounds.

>tfw live 5 houses down from a doughnut shop
>evrey morning smell yum yum doughnuts

Can you imagine what it must be like working there? I will never know how people who work at donut shops aren't always obese as hell.

I've officially lost 20kg since i started approximately 10 weeks ago.

The feels are amazing.

Theres a bit more to it, I said the butter greased up your insides so food just slides right through you so you can eat what you want

That's how it works.