QTDDTOT

Who here eats their chicken /BONELESS/
?

Boneless edn.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/search?q=what does cardio do to the heart&oq=what does cardio do to the &aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3.9229j0j7&client=ms-android-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
bayesianbodybuilding.com/eric-helms-protein/
youtube.com/watch?v=FVctFJPYlaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dude vikings fucking sucks dick past season 3. idk why you start every one of these threads with a pic from it

In any case. My question is:

Do hand grippers like pic related permanently improve grip strength if done regularly? Are they worth the investment?

Ultimately thinking to get them to see if they improve my grip in lifting in general

I respect your opinion. The early seasons were the best but I still enjoy the show. Perhaps next time U should make the thread. And you could choose any pic you like friend

Give me your arms routine right now. I'm fast-tracking them, adding an additional day to work on my arms.

I'm thinking along the line of:
Barbel Curl 4x10 1xF
Skullcrushers 4x10 1xF
Drag Curl 4x10 1xF
Tricep Extension 4x10 1xF
Hammer Curl 5x10
Dead Hang 2xF

Will this give me mad pump?

Throw in some standard dips too. Those are classic.

Anyone here do KB swings for cardio

I nearly fixed my back pain. However, I feel a sharp pinching pain in my right lower back when squatting. Everything else is fine, even deadlifts.
Any ideas as to what might cause this? What should I do?

I've heard of people who temporarily do leg press instead of squats whilst recovering from traditional squats. You could do that until you feel ready to squat properly again

Yeah, I think I'll do that. It just suck that just when I think I might be getting back into in, shit happens again.

So some dumbbell exercises like lateral raises can be done with plates

how much does the exercice change in terms of muscles trained?
going to have a home gym so dumbbells are like the last thing in my list

What does cardio do to the heart physiologically?
I know strength training creates small tears in the muscle which heal to make you stronger, but what's happening to make your heart pump more blood?

It'll be okay. Have faith knowing that with leg press you'll still make aesthetic gains and build strength, the latter not as much as regular squats BUT, point is at least you'll still be progressing, even if it is a little slower.

Should I do a cut if only 18? I have heard/read that you shouldn't as it can cause problems with growing but I want to drop 20-30 lbs before I go on a real bulk

google.co.uk/search?q=what does cardio do to the heart&oq=what does cardio do to the &aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3.9229j0j7&client=ms-android-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Is whole grain pasta the go to for carbs? Or is there a better alternative?

Any tips on balancing the bar on my traps? Sometimes it hits my spine which hurts like hell.

Sweet potatos are my own go to.

1 of these = 103 calories which is nothing.

You can make a jacket potato, make fries out of them etc. Only take 9mins to microwave too so they're speedy to prepare.
I suppose it's all down to preference my dude.
Baked beans also rule. Lots of fibre too.

That helps, thanks

Is pic related a good routine? I'm cutting right now to get rid of fat but still lifting, I'm eating ~1500 calories each day, while following this routine and doing a little more also. My diet is 8 ounces of oatmeal, 1 tsp of brown sugar, and 1 cup of whole milk for breakfast. Lunch is 4 ounces of chicken breast and whatever vegetables I feel like putting into a salad but always raw broccoli and some either black beans or red kidney beans, with no dressing or croutons or cheese. Dinner is the same, but usually with 8 ounces of chicken. I also have 3 hardboiled egg whites. Just is this good, combining the diet with the routine? Also when will I know when to stop cutting and start bulking, this is my first time doing this proper and not just abstract weightlifting.

I would say just try to maintain form throughout the squat.

Whenever you feel the bar pressing on your spine too hard try to make your traps upright to once again hold up the bar. Hard to explain without showing you.

In any case, hope that helps

I'm just super scared of getting fat, that's why I'm hesitant about trying a bulk

Should I push my shoulders just backwards, or back and up?

Do a clean lean bulk or whatever it's called. Eat at a smaller surplus to minimise fat.

In terms of your routine, if you're wanting to do a split, why not do one of the popular, tested and tried ppl routines out there?

Im doing 3x10.
If i fail on the last rep of the 10th set, should i reduce weight by 2.5 lbs next time or just try it again at the same weight next time?

how do I train mainly focused on compound movements and stil be aesthetic at an intermediate level

er 10th rep of the third set

Thats a good way to phrase it. Shoulders back should do the trick. This should put your traps in a more optimal position.

No need to push shoulders up though. Just back should suffice. That's what worked for me but give that a try

Pick a compound centric routine and thrown in your own accessory lifts.

Alternatively there are quite a few programs out there that are already tailored to your goals. They focus each day on a Big Lift, with a few accessories built around them. Can't recall them, but have a search

If you're following a proper program, I would say to follow exactly what it says. If not, me personally, I would just try it again at the same weight.

yeah im just working at home while i lose weight

I eat boneless skinless chicken thighs. When I found out about the huge taste difference between breasts and thighs with just slightly less protein, I swapped and never looked back. Every now and then if the recipe that I really want to try calls for it, I'll grab some bone in, skin on thighs.

Best choice I ever made.

sweet taters and quinoa for me usually.

Hey Veeky Forums, can I 'overdose' on proton powder? I bought my first bag of hydrolised whey proton today. On the packaging it says 50g for the daily amount, that's less than 40g and I need 250ish in theory, so today I had 100g of it. Can I go overboard with this?

if building muscle is all about weekly volume how come you "cant" build muscle in a powerlifting routine?
I mean, volume can be more reps or more weight and on a PL program youre doing more weight

1. Should i lose all my fat before bulking, im up 10 pounds to 160 and im 6 foot but still had some belly fat at 150.
2. Whats some easy high prot high cal shit to eat, i have to 4 scoop it to make ot to 2300 cal each day

You don't need 250g of protein.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/eric-helms-protein/

>FFM

fat free mass right? how do I even calculate that

I'm doing 2g/kg for my whole bodyweight anyways, now that im bulking a little less, at least 100g minimum

Estimate you bf% and subtract your fat from your weight.

>Estimate you bf%

dont think theres a proper way to do it, even those dexa scans are sketchy
PT at the gym insisted on doing osme kind of test and gave me 7% bf which is impossible

A couple of kg either way aren't gonna make a difference.

Is SS a meme or not?

You guys told me to read the sticky then proceed to say SS is horrible and you only get fatter.

I certainly gotten stronger and my arms are more defined. I am gonna make it?

it does what it says
disregard the nutritional info though, bulk at a 250-500 surplus
remove squat from deadlift day if your legs are getting way too big
dont forget to add pull ups and dips, can do other acessory workj as long as it doesnt interfere with the big lifts progression

i was doing ss but recently had a procedure done in one of my eyes, can't lift heavy during some weeks.
any suggestions?

It's outdated at this point. Do 5/3/1 for Beginners.

How bad is it to have a gatorade? Honestly after a hard day of construction labour work i have an insatiable thirst for shit like gatorade. Water just does not cut it. Don't have them often but when i do fuck it is good.

Is a 1500 calorie cut too low for a 5'8" 174lb skinnyfat manlet?

Someone redpill me on red meat.
Is it really as bad for you as they say? I love chicken & eat it semi regularly but damn I love raw red meat (cooked slightly is fine too) I also feel more energized when I eat it.

Today I dropsetted the press until my muscles were too fatigued to lift the bar. Is there a problem with doing this regularly on my shoulder days?

I do it in addition to running for cardio. KB swings are awesome cause it works several different muscle groups. Keep doing it

5'8 174 is fat as fuck not skinnyfat

I see a lot of people say you shouldn't do hiit before weight training, but what if I did hiit in the morning and weights at night with like 9 hours in between? That just fits my schedule better, but I don't want it to hurt my lifts?

Anyone ever done that before or have any opinions on it?

Can you get a nice round bubble butt booty in a month or two? Or at least get a good, noticable start?
Here's a qt as thanks for replies

post pics of yourself so we know what you're starting with

you're probably done growing

I'm sure this is dumb but
Just like there is a limit to how much protein, and other nutrients your body can absorb in a certain period of time, is there a limit to the amount of calories I can absorb in a meal?

im about 6'3 and 190~ pounds, most of it fat
i cant run for more than 30 seconds without wanting to die and i still cannot preform a singular pushup

of course being the living definition (lack thereof) of skinny fat, and i want to become healthy again. do i start off doing cardio with weights to get some gains on both sides of the table (muscle and cardio) or just get used to running.

my goal is to just cut to a healthier weight (drop 30-40 pounds). i'd personally just lose weight now cause if i started to get any muscle now, i'd become builtfat or something. i'm not afraid to lose my non existant muscles

or should i just wait for excercise after losing weight the easy way, by dieitng with something like keto since its a bad idea to exercise while doing a diet like that

I am a beginner on a cut. I failed squats at 1 plt. Should I suicide or is this expected when I am not bulking?

Btw I am 6'4" 195 lbs and not much muscle.

preferably nude. It's just easier to determine without clothes

read my post above yours dude
were all in the same boat

no.

Depends a lot on your schedule, you're making it sound like you can only choose 1 of 3: Cardio, weight training, or dieting. If you can afford to do all 3 then that's what you should do.

Are you worried that doing all 3 will be overwhelming and you will struggle to stay motivated?

its usually hard for me to keep motivation
but yeah doing all 3 would be overwhelming, i heard youre supposed to take steps like those slowley so its more of a life style change rather than something u do for a few months and never look back

you probably have APT, fix it and keep squatting, its not hard

How did you injured yourself?

I'm a dude though, and I'm not even that fit.
I'm just trying to set up a routine for my girlfriend

Question for me though, how would I go about avoiding an abundance in vascularity? I'm still dyel but I've gotten ridiculously vascular during my cut

Will post more qt's for replies

I tried hook grip today and my index/middle fingers kept slipping off my thumb because of the sweat. Any way around this? Felt like thumb was going to pull out of its socket too, is that the "right" sort of pain?

I keep getting a pain in my tailbone during squats. It happens when I come up, right as I'm almost vertical. Any ideas on what it could be?

Absolutely fine in terms of not affecting your aesthetic goals. Just calculate it. Hell, if you pick a low calorie one you don't even have to bother with that. Enjoy your gatorade.

You really need chalk to make hook grip work properly. As you've found, it's really vulnerable to sweat screwing the whole thing up.

>Felt like thumb was going to pull out of its socket too, is that the "right" sort of pain?
Not at all, the only pain you should feel is pressure. youtube.com/watch?v=FVctFJPYlaA Check out this video, helped me out now I can easily hook grip over 200kgs for reps.

they may or may not do anything. as far as building grip strength goes, you'd be better off doing strapless pulls with a lot of forearm work.

I'm in-between beginner and intermediate lifting. I was doing coolcicada's PPL even though I knew it was an intermediate program.
What I'm wondering is if I should scrap it and just do SS with some accessories instead for the next 4 months or just keep going with CC's PPL.
I'm going to Coast Guard boot camp in in about 8 months so I want to be overly prepared.

Is a clomid 50/50/25/25 pct overkill for lgd 4033 cycle

I know about CICO before you ask. I'm curious whether you'd lose fat if you're eating at maintenance calories but doing OMAD

What is the purpose of hand release press-ups? Is it just for the greater range of motion?

wtf is APT?

No idea. I came back from vacation, shot some hoops and woke up with a sore back. Soreness turned to stiffness and pain over the following weeks/months, but I didn't do anything strange or excessive on the basketball court.

how the hell am I supposed to do bent over rows after squatting? I can barely hold the position without the weight

>morning
>flat stomach with slight ab definition

>evening
>stomach is like 4 inches more outward, look like I have a slight gut

What is real? Is this just bloat in general? In the morning I look super good but at night I'd be embarrassed yo to take my shirt off.

unironically get bigger traps

Limits cheating, forces quality reps, think touch&go diddlers vs setting up anew every time. Also yes, more ROM and hitting chest slightly different.

I prefer my pizza ONELESS

Seems like your diet is shit. The only time I get bloated is when I go to mcdonalds or other fastfood shit.

Are you menstruating? Take note of when it happens. If it's happening at the same time every month, you may be turning into a woman

I'm a calflet. Will idly doing as many seated calf raises as I can in 30 min with a 25lb dumbbell while sitting at my desk help? Do I need more weight? I already do raises as part of my workout, btw.

currently i am working ~70 hours a week, 5-7 days a week in a factory doing manual labour (im one of santas elves)
earlier on in the year i had a lifting and cardio routine going but due to the seasonal workload i have pretty much given up. i didnt spend much time on stretching or mobility as i wasnt having any problems when i was excercising.

recently with doing all the extra seasonal work i have been getting various pains in my legs, one week it will be joint pain in a hip or knee, the next it will be muscular in a calf or thigh. due to my work schedule my sleep and diet have been awful. also im addicted to drugs and alcohol.

my question is do you guys think that foam rolling/stretching/general mobility work will help at all?

i would rather not have to start eating and sleeping more or quit drinking and taking drugs as doing either of those would be very difficult without also quitting my job, employment is very scarce here

My shits hurt coming out and I don't know why.

How do I get gnarly shits that come out smooth?

What's better for muscle growth?
>hitting a muscle 1x per week, but hard
or
>hitting a muscle 2x or more per week, but with less intensity

So for example doing 5x5 squats until complete fatigue once vs doing 3x8 squats with medium weight for fast recovery twice per week?

The latter, for most people.

But neither of those are exactly the kind of workout that you can do and expect big gains, unless you are insanely good at destroying yourself on each set. Beginners almost never are.

your last sentence in mind (which inb4s anything I was going to recommend), yes, mobility and prehab work will surely help, although not as much as actually getting your shit sorted out would

btw
>70hr/week factory work, employment is scarce, alcohol is crutch for coping
the late 1800s called, they want their problems back

If your workout consists of a lot of reps per set, but in some of the exercises your max for getting those number of reps per set is pathetically low:

Is it a better idea to up the weight for those exercises and do fewer reps until you can do as many as the routine requires?

i heard some dudes only get their arms to grow hitting them every other day

Anyone here experience this? Did you hit bis/tris on the same day? How would you program hitting arms every other day?

How do I know when I push through the last few reps the pain is just from exhaustion? I always feel like any second I'm gonna tear something and will hurt myself permanently
I just get fucking paranoid about sport injuries

Should your abs be flexed or contracted during leg raises?

Has anyone else gotten floaters from lifting? I got a shitload of them recently and made sure it wasn't a retinal tear, but I'm scared to start lifting again.\ Any advice?

They should be relaxed. After that just focus on doing the movement with good form

Is it true you can train core and neck every day, or is that a Veeky Forums meme?