Yoga thread

Is there anything that results in more suffering than being a male with no flexibility starting yoga. I am motivated to keep going but Jesus I'm terrible

Yoga thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cVVUtV5W85I
ufile.io/s41t0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Stretch every single fucking day, it's all there is to it. Static stretches, dynamic stretches, a basic session shouldn't take more than 15 minutes per day and You'll be a "flexible god" (for normie standards) in a month or two, remember that regular people can barely touch their toes.

Also always warmup beforehand

this, i started stretching my hips after every day i squat and clean, and it took me maybe a month to get "very" flexible

Just think of all those qt3.14s wondering when the guy with nice biceps is going to talk to them.

she has nice hands and feet

you mean, that kind of flexible?
Pic related

there are few people walking the face of this planet who are this flexible

Is "stretching scientifically" enough or you guys reccomend another reading?
I want to understand shit before i do.

This is a WTF pic you nooob.

the only thing more flexible about this guy is his sexual boundaries

Read 'Light on Yoga' and you'll be as knowledgeable as most of the teachers tbqh

this man is quite flexible but as a yoga teacher myself, i see no reason to do this pose but to show off

Very few things. Stay consistent and in a year or two ull see it as one of the beat health choices u made

its better to start yoga being strong rather than flexible. once your flexibility increases youre going to see massive gains in your poses in how deep you can go and length of time in them

care to explain?

I started boxing recently and I've been waking up with some back pain (probably from the twisting), what stretches are good for this?

The best way to get flexible and good at yoga is to just do it. Keep going at it and you'll get there.

Honestly this. No simple way around it.

who did fluid druid

jesus fucking christ

Flexibility is good by there's also the "energy work" aspect of it. Try some zen meditation as "accessory work" for your yoga.

I want to smell her crotch

gayyyyyyyy

I hada herniated disk that causes really bad sciatica that numbed my right leg. Started supplementing my work outs with yoga/pilates two months ago and it's helped a lot with the pain and mobility. 10/10 will continue.

You get more acquainted with your body every session. It's fantastic. You'll make slow and steady flexibility gains too. It also takes a level of strength and endurance at times that would surprise some people.

Essentially a consistent yoga routine will keep you physically healthy. If it's plain flexibility you're after there are probably quicker ways to achieve that, but the risk of injury is going to go way up. The beauty of yoga is it really does promote well being in the round.

That said, as a man I think we generally need something more external in our exercise. I personally skip alongside yoga now and I've never felt better

This. Yoga is something men overlook but they shouldn't.

Glad it's working for you user

Stretch routine?

Absolutely. I envision it becoming a staple in every athlete's weekly routine, solely for injury prevention and longevity if nothing else.

It sometimes lacks that vavavoom explosion of effort that I think most men need from their exercise routines. I transferred from rugby training, to several years lifting weights, to about two years exclusively doing yoga. Yoga has by far been the most beneficial for physical health, but as I said, a less internalised form of exercise is very enjoyable to in tandem. That may be weights, but I've really found a lot of joy in skipping rope.

Anyone got a beginner's routine/guide or whatever? Need to improve my flexibility

Thanks for the input user. I am trying to gain flexibility and kind of want to reduce the amount of times I lift weights because it has become monotonous lately. Would you say that the amount of muscle mass you had was lost or stayed the same despite relying more on yoga?

any tips on meeting girls at yoga classes?

the purpose is to get better at this pose

Here's a stretch routine to ease into yoga or something

>no flexibility
If you can do ATG squats, then yoga is ezpz

thanks

requesting more routines from anyone

be good looking

dont be not good looking

leanr key words to spiritual ideas and bs on what you 'believe' is your personal spiritual path

>he believes this

Overall mass definitely drops, although strength (especially core and static strength) stays in interesting ways. Yoga isn't going to give you a four plate squat or train you to run a marathon, it's going to keep you as mobile, flexible, and strong (physically and cardiovascularly) as one generally needs to be for the remainder of their lives. For a good sense of the type of physique yoga can achieve in a man check out tim senesi on YouTube, one of the few male yoga teachers on the Web, and my favourite. There's a good chance you'd like to be bigger, especially if you're coming from a weightlifting background, but just remember that you use yoga as a supplement to weight training. This will only be of benefit to you, and I doubt it'd affect mass retention.

As I've been saying though, recently I've started to consistently practice yoga alongside a skipping routine with some bodyweight resistance training thrown in. Ive found both styles compliment each other greatly. Taxing your body more actually enables it to open up easier. Again, I think this is more common with males. I definitely missed out on the enjoyment of more outwardly strenuous activity when I solely did yoga, and I'm enjoying discovering how compatible it is with other training regimens.

>be male
>want to learn how to do yoga
>look up yoga instructional video on YT
>qt yoga girl with a tight butt in yoga pants is teaching the movements
>end up masturbating before I ever take out my yoga mat
>tfw I will never learn yoga even though I am really motivated to do so

Thank you user for the response. I will definitely keep doing yoga and try different combinations to see what works for me. Have a good one!

youtube.com/watch?v=cVVUtV5W85I

How long to get this flexible

Holy shit that coincidence, I made this picture back around 2011

I injured my shoulder doing yoga, and that shit made me unable to raise my arm for one week.

Don't do yoga if you enjoy pushing yourself.

>men will just pull out their dick and masturbate to a video of a girl in tight pants stretching with no sexual context what so ever
lmao how does it feel having no control over your sex drive?

Yeah no bother man haha I'm v passionate on the subject. Good luck!

hnnnnng

Daily reminder that fapping and watching these pictures drain your soul out, do nofap before you hit 30 years of age and realize you wasted away ur life to pixels on screen, thank me later user, do it before it's too late cause I regret I hadn't done it sooner

this routine is pathetic. It's like lifting a 2kg water bottle at home to ease into lifting in the gym.

If somebody from /bwg/ sees this, please post the stretch torrents for Front Split, Middle Split, Pancake, Thoracic Bridge and Pike.

I can upload them to >uploadfiles dot io< if anyone is interested, but I lost the torrent magnet links.

if I do yoga, how much time would it take to be able to suck my own dick?

would that be gay or just masturbating?

Im interested, can you upload it somewhere?

it won't make you original

Here you go. ufile.io/s41t0

This is 90% of all the stuff. It's a pdf file, with embedded videos, so you can see proper form. If somebody posts the whole thing you'll also get 3 video files where a group of people with different level of flexibility demonstrate the whole program in one go, while giving tips and directions how to scale the difficulty.

The pdf has 3 sections - MSs, FSs and TB. The rules are do each section once a week. Each section includes about 20 different stretches. So if you start today with Front Split (FSs) do all FSs elements, 1 set x the given time (usually 90 seconds). You know you did good, if you feel a pain like DOMS the next day. Once you make some progress you can increase the frequency, and do each section twice a week.

Here's my email -> [email protected]
If I am in the mood I'll send you the rest of the course, which is mainly follow along video files and one extra shoulder flexibility workout.

Thanks bruh, this will come in handy, by the way I got the book of Legendary Flexibility from Jujimufu if you want it, it's really really good full with pics

can you post a screenshot of some cool page?

okay, you got me interested.

I don't do yoga, but I'm naturally lanky and flexible. I can put both my legs around the back of my neck, and my dick is pretty big, so naturally I've sucked my own dick. Let me tell you it's actually not enjoyable, you feel the dick in your mouth far more than the mouth on your dick. It's an awkward position too so it's more teeth than anything.

Hope that helps desu

thanks
still want to try it though

>being gay

>controlling the most basic of instincts
>not having sex with hundreds of women
>being gay

it's just the way my brain works user, these girls are totally my type. same way I typically dont sweat much even when I work out but show me a video of a crazy dude driving 300km/h on a motorcycle and I guarantee you I will sweat.

what mat thickness do you guys recommend? i'm on day 5 of yoga without a mat and my knees feels ready to pop out and fuck off from my body

Yoga with Adriene, a youtube channel. Great way to get into yoga with a qt teacher

use a small screen so you can just see the contours

where can a bro get leggings like that, help me out bros

Keep going brother and do pic related 3 times a day. Hold each position for 30 seconds.

Thanks user but I have a question, when I try to stretch by touching my toes my back begins to curve. Will this go away with time?

here's a tip for you. Pike(stretch) as much as you can with curved back. At the bottom of the stretch straighten your back for 2 seconds. Curve back for 2 seconds. Repeat for reps.

thanks for the tip user.

>SANTORYUU OUGI: ROKUDO NO TSUJI

should i warm up before doing a yoga routine?

20 years start at 6 years old

i think yoga is warming up

>Local YMCA has an event where local businesses and gyms offer free trials
>Have doctors on sight to weigh you, give you diet advice, check your blood sugar and vital signs
>It's basically a free month of every exercise thing in the area
>20% off at local triathlon stores/bike shops/etc
>Just have to show up on the weigh in, and come back a month later with prizes for the biggest losers
>Decide to try out the yoga place in the first week
>Get a massive erection the entire time
>Can't hide it because of basketball shorts
>Do the entire session with massive erection pretending I don't see/feel it
>Pretend I don't hear the giggling
>Session ends
>Cry in my car
>Cry at home
>Don't take advantage of any of the other offers because I might see those people again

just kill me

Sucking at something is the first step to being good at something.
Nobody gives a fuck about your flexibility in a Yoga class. Just be chill, do the movements and poses and be respectful.

sorry user if this is true

solid advice

Why are you ashamed of your boner? Get your ass back to that yoga place. Giggling is good. They weren't making sounds of disgust. I'm sure some were even impressed you kept the boner the whole session.

At least is wasn't a little boner.
Gotta be loud and proud with a massive boner. Next time you get a massive boner in public be sure to point it out to as many as possible.
Shame the dicklet boners around you.

How big is benis?

What are some good yoga routines for beginners? Any online stuff available? I've tried doing yoga x and that shit is way too fucking hard

I'm a virgin at 25, so there's a lot of anxiety involved with anything sexual.

that is an easy pose lmao

You should masturbate beforehand so hopefully you'll be out of juice to pop a boner during the class.

whats it like having low libido?

check out yoga with adriene on youtube

>not wanting to break free from the cycle of death and rebirth
enjoy your suffering, faggot

I can actually do yoga, for one

Kek

Look for "restorative yoga" classes and find a super hippy place, people tend to be way less judgy there. There are plenty of people in my studio who are too fat to do shit, but nobody cares.

thanks user
you mention getting DOMS from the stretching. If I am doing a 3x a week full body routine, I'm assuming it would be best to stretch post-lifting, right?