/FAST/ FRIDAY NIGHT FOODFIGHT EDITION

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
selfhacked.com/blog/autophagy-benefits-and-how-to-harness/
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>reddit fag that did a 77 day water fast, notice how he is not 1)dead or 2)looks like a wrinkled vagina
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
PMC3106288/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

If you have any sticky suggestions, post them and they will be included in the future

fasting is a good fucing idea. I"m about 50 hours in and had a tiny bit of alchohol, and I'm absolutely motherfucking off my chops

Hi /fast/
Looking to do a 2 week fast but idk what should i take with water
Salt ? Magnesium ? how many for 1l ?
Thanks , i post every other day to keep you tuned about how my fast is going.

Idk how i'm going to do this , maybe just
- DAY 1 OF 21DAYS FAST -

Or some shit like that

>only been fasting for 16 hours
>have explosive watery diarrhea

is this normal bros

rest in peace dumb anime poster

almost 48 hours in feelin good, going for 96

Do you still lose weight if no exercise at all while on 16-8?

>Fung

top kek

does diet coke break a fast, like physiologically speaking?

>reddit fag that did a 77 day water fast
where is the proofs

rip no fap

?

So im totally a Newfag to this, and i want to fast, but dunno for how long. Do i need to do exercises? Or should i conserve my energy? I fear to wake up totally tired and be unable to move. Is it safe in long terms? Degenerative damage or stuff?.. Please be kind.

Do exercises if you want to, don't do them if you don't want to. It depends on how fat you are. If you wanna exercise just don't do it for too long i.e. over an hour

I thought it was better to space your meals out because eating a lot at once could spike your insulin or some shit? Can someone tell me why this is now bullshit?

What is happening in this gif?
What is he rubbing?
Why does she seem to climax from it?
What are the needles and pills for?

So do you /really/ need to take salt + whatever bullshit minerals while fasting? I've literally never heard of anybody doing this before until these threads started popping up on Veeky Forums. What's the deal?

> Finished first 7-day fast
> Lost 15 lbs but gained it all back in 2-3 days
Is fasting not for everyone? I felt very weak after 7 days and my lifts suffered quite a lot.
I lost 40 lbs normally but stalled and yolo fasted only drinking water, tea and coffee.
I want to try again but actually supplement the right stuff so I don't feel like garbage most days
> pic is my morning after 7 days

I have been drinking only like 2 litres for last few days and barely lost any weight.Now that I drink more weight loss started again.Is water intake and weight loss somehow linked?Water fast btw

Yes, absolutely.

From what I understand, the disembodied hand is rubbing the animu's womb, which is very sensitive due to the drugs which said animu partook in.
I don't really get it, but it sure makes my peepee feel funny.

Some time ago I used to swallow 4 mashed cloves of garlic every day for health purposes. Would that be considered breaking my fast?

Certainly because you ate shit after your fast.
You have to eat slowly for at least the same amount of days of your fast if you wan't to keep da loss
no jk

how do you make sure to not lose muscle when fasting?

>going slow right after you went fast

First week of a 5-week PSMF. Going to refeed tomorrow with an entire cereal box, a 1liter milk carton with whey, and a sandwich ice cream. I need it so fucking much.

Also, caffeine is killing me, without it I wouldn't even be able to get out of the bed, but makes my head hurt and my heart race so fucking unconfortably.

Even tho I only have one week down, I'm already looking so much leaner, can't wait for week 5, hope I'll be able to see my abs for the first time!

Whatever it takes.

Would intermittent fasting 24/12 work?

Just curious: if you eat at maintenance calories while doing OMAD, would you still lose body fat?

>does it have calories?
>yes?
>then it breaks your fast

help
I'm on day 3 of fasting
I just woke up and I feel nauseous as fuark
why do I feel nauseous

get your electrolites, add some salt (if it has potassium and iodine instead of just sodium salt, better), drink water and make sure you are hydrated.

If you feel that you could pass out at any moment, EAT; you'd rather break your fast than die.

yeah but

that's less than 50 calories so it's probably fine.

16 8 is more doable and easier to follow.

>psmf

You won't be fasting
You won't get any of the gains of fasting

Fung has an entire article showing how his crippled 50 year old diabetics retained ALL muscle mass on a 16 day fasting protocol.
What you do when you do a PSMF is give your body protein that it immediately converts to glucose via gluconeogenesis because you'll never allow yourself to drop into keto, which would at least focus your liver on processing released fatty acids

Do you people even fucking read the research and the knowledge before you start this shit?

rip user

>, but makes my head hurt and my heart race so fucking unconfortably
to be fair i would do a bloodwork for elecrolyte imbalance on your place

tfw

>did 36 hour IF years ago
>became Veeky Forums
>got depressed
>became /fat/
time to 36 hour IF again bois

>believing with full confidence that muscle metabolism in 50 year old untrained diabetic men is the same as young trained healthy men
>PSMF doesn't put you in keto
>protein immediately converts to glucose

yeah other people are retarded, not you

So I'm about 72 hours into my water-fast and I'm feeling pretty great. I'm aiming for 30 days before I break this fast though I have a question on how exactly to break this fast.
I don't wanna kill myself with "refeeding syndrome" or anything so I'm wondering how exactly slow I should break this fast.
Should I eat like, 250 calories on day 1 of breaking the fast, 500 on day 2, 750 on day 3 and so on so forth until I'm back to eating at maintenance? Is that too extreme? I'm confused.
Help me out /fast/

I've never done 30 days, max was 16 but I didn't do anything special. Ate a gallon of pickles (I always crave vinegar harder when fasting) then went to an indian buffet and ate a ton of curry and shit. I obviously shit pretty much all of it out shortly thereafter but whatever didn't die or anything.

Or more ideally just start with broth then start adding more substance as your day/days go on, shouldn't take more than a couple days to be back to a fairly normal diet. You'll still probably shit most solid food right out though lol.

I took 400mg in a sitting, I think that's normal, still unpleasant, tho.

It's water weight tard, you get carb depleted and don't retain water, once you eat again you regain that water. That's why people can lose 10-20+lbs in a week fasting, but it's not real loss.

Actual fat loss over the long term on a complete water fast comes out to something like .75lbs/day.

Because your body isn't used to subsisting on its own fat so it thinks it's starving since you're probably carb/glycogen depleted at this point. Keep going you'll probably feel fine even great by day 4 or 5.

You're missing the point, regular fasting is so muscle safe that it can even protect trainwrecks with metabolic syndrome

also yes it does watch the rhonda patrick vid people were chimping out over a few days ago

On day 22. Will try to make it to at least 30 days.

I plan to break fast following way

>drink only broth for 3 days(real broth not that instant shit)
>day 4-6 start adding veggies
>6-12 eggs,dairy,later meat.Keto at half maintence cals

How does one go about startong to fast. Is it usefull to go keto first and reduce kcal over a few days to 0 or do you guys just do it the next day and hope to god not to eat?

Also i am on 150test/200tren anyone fasted on roids before?

I got some sibutramine and modafinil coming in, anyone got som experience with them for the hunger supression purpose?

And finaly anyone fasted while on dnp?

>5'8 210lbs
>Started 20/4 5 days a week
>200 calories breakfast, 400 calories lunch, 20 calories of broth at dinner (so technically breaking the fast?)
>1500 calories of normal food at the weekend
>Also running 3 days a week. Should be lifting too but haven't been consistent

>1 week in
>6 lbs down (so water weight)
>3 weeks in
>8 lbs down
>Scales say it is all muscle

Seems a bit shit so far. Any advice beyond 'keep doing it'?

why cut, fast AND run simultaneously if you're worried about muscle loss?

I heard vegetable oils like coconut/cocoa butter is hard to eat in appreciable amounts, why?

is a 16-8 split good for recomp? Like trying to cut down on bodyfat% while keeping lean body mass and muscle?

it's working for me. I do 16-8 and eat enough to put on muscle, then i take 2 weeks off and bulk, then i jump back into fasting. i leaned down to low 190's, now im back up to low 200's and i look much more muscular.

I've recently taken up fasting every Sunday. Is this a smart idea? Pulled it off easy last week but idk about the long term effects

how long do you follow 16-8 for? also I assume you mean it works with reducing body fat and not just weight in general.

yeah man, works well for recomp. if you mean longterm, i dont know how long i've been doing it, but i usually dont fast at all on the weekend. So maybe 4-5 times a week.

I've been going with OMAD for 8+ days now, doing it for the first time ever. ( but used to IF on easy-medium difficulty before)

I try to eat mostly fats and little carbs. (cheese,mayo,eggs,meat,fish,etc). I try not to have insulin spikes, ( no sugars, just one piece of whole wheat bread, or a few fries etc)

I don't eat much, I eat like a full plate of food, and then nothing. Usually I'm always full after eating and don't want to eat anymore. And it fucking lasts! The next day I go around my business AND I AM NOT FUCKING HUNGRY! I only drink black coffee.

Then after being like 16 hours fasted, I go for a bicycle ride (day after day), I ride like 20km+ in a good pace, I return home, I shower, AND I AM NOT FUCKING HUNGRY, AND I HAVE ENERGY TO DO SOME LIGHT WORKOUT??

WTF?? For real, I am extremely surprised about my energy levels and my brain focus, It's not a fucking meme, IT FUCKING WORKS. I'm guessing I am burning ketones now.

Also I've lost weight like 2 kilos. Going to continue this to see how far can I go.

>highest magnesium I can find in a multivite
>potassium is a little low
>but it includes sodium
>and calories/fiber

Should I /fast/? It's Nature Way's Alive Max Potency3 Multivite.

>be fasting for 10 hours
>absolutely starving
>smell something amazing in the room
>notice that it's my Special K cereal sitting on my desk
>instinctively grab and munch on a handful
>mfw

Foolish little user, you lack hatred.

Thoughts on 32/16?

Also I love cooking so I have to resist two urges at the same time.

It's pretty baller. I enjoy doing it, but I haven't worked out during it so take that as you will

Ok thanks bro

Anyone notice its harder trying to do a 24 hour fast, then like a 2-4 day ast?

how dead is this thread?

I need advice. I have about, lets say, 15-25Ibs to lose before I reach my goal range. The thing is, I have loose skin. It hangs disgustingly when I am in push up position, but standing, it isn't as noticeable, and "snaps back". it doesn't necessarily hang, but my skin is obviously abnormally stretchy on my torso. It really, really makes me upset.

I have had my mind set on intermittent fasting. Would this really help me? As in would this process "autophagy" work on my skin during intermittent fasting? I am willing to put my heart and soul into this for as long as it takes. If only someone could really tell me the truth behind it.

help lads
i'm so hungry I can't even sleep
fuaaaark

no you need to water fast for multiple days. IF isn't good enough because autophagy only really kicks in at 24 hours+.

drink a lot of water

no

will it seriously help my loose skin, and how long would I have to do it?

Look up Dr. Jason Fung. He does water fasting for long periods of time with his clients. He claims to never referred a client to a plastic surgeon after the weight was lost, even after 100+ pounds. He claims the body will see the excess skin as uneeded protein and break it down. The result is no loose skin. A water fast long enough to lose 20 pounds of FAT (not scale weight) should take 30 days or so. Keep track of your waist measurement to track actual fat loss. 5 pounds of fat loss is roughly equal to one inch. This is assuming you are an average sized male.

Day 22 of water fast and my weight has been same for last 3 days.How the fuck is that possible?Its depressing

I completed my first long-term fast. I did 96 hours. I went from 184.8 to 178.8 in that time period. Weights were first thing after waking up in the morning. I just ate McDonalds (shift worker and got off off late) took my vitamins and I have not had any side effects so far

Could just be water retention. Weigh yourself weekly.

ye your HGH increases during fasting to prevent muscle loss and since there's no protein intake it'll eat up your loose skin. i would say you can start at 2 days and if you feel fine after 2 days continue water fasting and start taking some supplements.

What's autophagy?

I have seen some of his stuff before, but I would rather just get people here to convince me. That seems pretty hard to believe, and does he ever say that they started with the loose skin?

Also how would this affect my body? I have a little muscle here and there, would that be eaten away during my fast?

Which supplements should I take? Could I exercise as well? I have a gym membership.

>Could I exercise as well?
Yes, and you should be exercising during.

How do you properly break a long fast like that without gaining fat back?

>supplements
a multivitamin to cover your micros plus magenisum, calcium and potassium I believe

Fung uses holocaust and PoW victims as examples for loose skin. Those fuckers were starved (fasted involuntarily) and ended up with no loose skin. I dunno what'll happen to you since you already have it but I'm sure fasting could help.

retarded question but I started drinking fizzy mineral water in past days because I was sick of water from tap. Could that be it? Can I be fucking up my fast by it?

Depends what's in the fizzy water.
If it's flavoured like shitty artificial flavoured water or zero calorie drinks, then yeah you're fucking up your fast.

To add to this - also salt. You'll be wanting to supplement salt. Just add some dashes in your water and stuff.

Dude you have three choices. Try to see if autophagy helps your loose skin, keep failing by what you have already been doing, or get surgery. Which one is the cheapest and most effective?

Why are you so lazy that you won't even do your own research? Read up on how to do it. READ THE LINKS OF THE OP.

So it isn't really guarenteed? Is loose skin even considered "dead" and something the body would canabolize? Has this ever been observed?

I have. I want to see what other people say and think.

day 6 done, feeling good, i should be able to get by 21 days with just salt and potassium right

Nothing just unflavored mineral water with added oxide or whatever they are doing to make bubbles

Do a very long waterfast and see the results yourself nigga. If your shit doesn't go away, that'll answer your question. If it does go away, or goes away just a little bit? Probably fast more.

Don't you know anything about your practices

Magnesium too.

Dude, the world water fast record is 382 days. The man was massive and yet had no excess skin afterwards. Stop asking and start doing.

Doing IF (16:8) so far, lost 22 lbs, (I admit that I done ECA), but the last bit wont go off. I am on calorie deficit too.
>inb4 read the sticky
>inb4 calorie goes in'n'out
Maybe the problem is that I eat too little? Maybe I went to the so-called survival mode?

Is Himalayan salt enough for a 3 day fast? How much?

Most likely. During my just-broken 4 day fast, I just sprinkled it in my water enough to where I could taste it. I've been doing my desk job and not sweating, so I didn't need much.

Thanks

Where did you get this "no excess skin afterwards" from? Your headcanon?

experience of people who done it

gif makes me hard

So you just made it up that the record guy had no excess skin

several people claim it + fucking doctor and expert on this does too.

who disproves it : random user on anime board