Just took my first ice cold shower tonight after reading about the extensive list of health benefits that come with it

Just took my first ice cold shower tonight after reading about the extensive list of health benefits that come with it.

I can't believe I've been missing out.

I feel much cleaner and revitalised than I would with a hot shower.

Plus it helped with my aching muscles from today's workout.

Who else here takes the plunge?

Other urls found in this thread:

menprovement.com/benefits-of-cold-showers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Congratulations, you got memed

How's it feel to be a class a chuckle fuck? Your guaranteed pneumonia now you retard

Don't go too cold man. 17-20 is enough to get most of the benefits.

I just turn the dial all the way to the coldest it'll go. I'm only in there maybe 3 to 5 mins.

I still have to take 2 or 3 hot showers a week to wash my hair and shave for work. But I've been doing it a year and have seen amazing results.

Can you not wash your hair cold? I mean my shampoo got lathered when I showered with cold. One of the added benefits with cold they said was healthier skin and hair. I'm. Shaving makes sense. But I never wet shave. Always have some sort of facial hair so I trim with an electric when needed.

>I can't believe I've been missing out.
depends where you live
im all for cold showers in the summer...
winter in canada and the hot water heater is broken but you need to take a shower?
its not a choice but a necessity?

I live in the Midwest. Hot ass summers. Cold ass winters due to Lake Michigan. Might warm up the shower a bit in the colder months but we will see.

>cold water for cleaning

Got memed

Been showering cold for a year now. Was the last step I needed to get rid of acne and dry scalp. Still shower hot 2-3 times per month, to decompress after a stressful work week.

you have to start luke warm, then hot, and then finish with cold

cold water is crap for actually cleaning your skin

i prefer to jump into a cold shower, then hot (to actually get clean), and finish off cold

Is anyone else a total bitch with this i can do about 1 min tops and I'm usually jumping around like a faggot

menprovement.com/benefits-of-cold-showers/

Same here user, I tried it for a good week but I just can't do it without jumping around like a faggot while breathing very heavily

Y'all niggas just gotta embrace the cold, its kind of a mental trick. I'm not saying I'm good at it but I can see that there's a trick to it, I've gotten some good results by focusing on controlling my breathing and then thinking of the sensation as a pleasurable one.

How cold is a cold shower?

Every site just lists it as "cold". Cold is easy, my shower goes to ice cold at it's coldest. That's real cold

Hold each part of your body under the water for a few seconds to get it used to the cold. (calves > thighs > arms > stomach > back > head.) Then just stand under the water, turning like a kebab. It takes a minute or two to get used to the temperature. After you do, it's easy and no jumping. You don't get used to it because you keep jumping out.

falling for meme fitness = never gonna make it

Sorry guys, but every site that writes a click baity article about cold showers lacks citation. This is because dropping your body temperature rapidly does affect your body, but any change is so marginal it could be replicated by a placebo. I could get the same effects of cold showers simply by sticking a fork in an electrical outlet to wake up every morning.

Making yourself uncomfortable does not mean you're improving any more than another. Cold.showers are placebos.

The head is the primary source of cold/hot sensation or whatever, so you might as well cool your head off first

if you can't handle a cold shower, then maybe Veeky Forums isn't the board for you.

Memed hard bro. Do you know what the only proven advantage is by making the shower cold before you get out?
>you don't sweat
That's literally it. A lot of people take warm showers and don't realize they're sweating afterwards