Stale peanut butter

I stored some peanut butter and just after a year i found the fucking thing
it does not smell bad nor its rotten, moldy or expired, however it does have this old stale taste to it
is there something i can do to freshen it up and make it more flavorful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IVO8smkZKPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll bet someone $500 that OP doesn't live past age 60.

>risking your health for a few bucks

not gonna make it

throw it out you disgusting white trash piece of shit

Expired peanut butter isn't dangerous in the slightest you retards.

>being so poor and pathetic that you've eaten stale peanut butter
yea, we're the retards

I'm not OP you dumb fuck

>defending the eating of stale peanut better
>not retarded

If you can't afford a new jar of peanut butter, you have more pressing advice to be asking for.

Actually it is, it’s made of nuts and nuts go rancid after a time.

You are a fucking moron.

I get you man, I can't stand wasting food either, but this feels like a thing you should probably toss out, just to be safe. If it tastes off, it's probably off.

so much salt in it that the nute mix is pretty well cured, tons of preservatives too, it sounds like its mostly just been dried out

Can you seriously not afford to pay under $2 for some new peanut butter?

You people are going to die of your own stupidity by like 40.

This is true Steven1989MRE are some 61 year old peanut butter:

youtu.be/IVO8smkZKPU

Its not about money or buying another, its about wasting 500g of food
Thanks user, found this after some search
>Fortunately, peanut butter is blessed with high amounts of the natural antioxidant vitamin E , this nutrient helps stave off oxidation and prolongs PB’s shelf life, according to Richard Faulks, a senior scientist at the Institute of Food Research in Norwich, England.
>Even so, rancidification typically sets in about nine to 12 months after purchase, hence the “Best If Used By” that appears on the container
>Health-wise, however, rancid peanut butter is not something to really worry about, "It won’t hurt you if you eat it — it will just taste bad,” says Maribeth Cousin, a professor of food science at Purdue University in Indiana.
not such a health concern, at least not as much as other food and as long its not mixed with cheap ingredients

Hey man, I was raised by a grandmother who grew up during the great depression, when people boiled and ate their own belts and beatings were an appetizer.

You do not fucking waste food.

t. mid west white trash

Well, if science says it's alright...

Maybe try mixing it with molasses. Did this once because I'm a fat pile of shit, but it ended up as a pretty good dessert spread kind of thing. And molasses is a pretty strong flavor, could be enough to hide the taste of decay.

I mean, yeah.

Pretty sure there's a video where he eats peanut butter from 1942/43.

The peanut butter is always good.