How the fuck do you know if you're overtraining?

How the fuck do you know if you're overtraining?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exertional_rhabdomyolysis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no such thing as overtraining

You'll know. It's hard to mistake for anything else.

you aren't

>increased fatigue
>longer recovery times

You're not.

You're almost certainly not

When everyone is beneath you.

What's that, some new trending routine? Consists only from overhead lifts?

To elaborate on what others have said, think about how much time you spend sitting on your ass or sleeping vs. how much time you spend training. That one to two hours in the gym each day isn't shit in the grand scheme of things.

You get injured more easily. Popping shoulders and knees, pain in arms, etc. If you train hard and don't leave any time to recover you'll get injured in no time.

Injuries basically.

Don't listen to these dudes. Rippetoe knows overtraining exists, and I believe him over any user.

no such thing as overtraining if ur a neet faggit m8.
overtraining only applies if ur working full time + lifting 6 days a week and under eating and under sleeping.
if ur bulking, only wasting energy on lifting, and sleeping 8+ hours a night, then there is no way u can be overtraining

For me it feels like I'm withdrawing from some mystery drug. Just a slow -creeping all around 'bleh' feeling

Your weight you are constantly pulling will become heavy. And then it will decline. Thats how you know. Oh and also injuries and pains (can also be due to poor form)

>All these guys that dont train above 100percent every session saying there isnt overtraining

Fucking idiots dont even realize there is a limit to volume per session. But half of fit is frauding and they dont have to worry about obstacles like that

You are not

Over training is a myth invented by faggots as an excuse to not exercise at least 7 days a week.

You're welcome

But doesn't the CNS eventually get fried? Not the muscle.

This. Unless you have AIDS don't worry about "overtraining"

If you have to ask that, then you don't have to worry about it.

Fatigue that impairs your muscle function.

>at least 7 days a week
tfw i exercise 10 days a week

>no such thing as overtraining
Clueless

>How the fuck do you know if you're overtraining?
Do you dread going to the gym? Do your limbs feel like they're made of lead? Do you wake up in the morning feeling fatigued and dreading getting up? Depressed for no reason you can determine? Lifts all stalling out? Failing to finish each set? Getting sick or feeling like you're getting sick? Running a low-grade fever all the time, but no other symptoms? Overtraining.

You haven't taken a week off in more than 12 weeks of serious lifting and you feel fried.

Overtraining is pretty obvious, most obvious signs are trouble sleeping, trouble waking up, muscle pain that isn't DOMS, extended recovery time between sets, and weakness. Clench your fist, then press your finger tips to your thumb, if you have a hard time or your grip feels weak you're probably not in top form.

fuck

First thing to do is check you're definitely eating enough food.

If you're increasing your food, with a balanced diet that isn't a McDiet, yet you're still constantly tired and getting injured a lot, you're overtraining.

not getting a boner unless u try/want/give one to yourself

Whenever I overtrain I sleep for about 12 hours and take 3-4 days to recover.

injuries with good form and proper diet while doing normal routine (not maxing or pushing), fatigue, losing gains, non-soreness pain, weakness
These should go away with rest. If not you could have an injury that may or may not be permanent (you might have to take weeks or months off) or a serious medical disorder in which case you should consult with your doctor.
Don't overtrain, it's not good for you.

insomnia and night sweats. waking up early and cant get back to sleep or feeling tired but cant fall asleep

So I'm overtraining for the last five years?

> sleeping issues
> sore all the time
> lifts stalling
> low energy
> depressed
> erectile dysfunction
> heart palpitations

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exertional_rhabdomyolysis

Why sleep issues?

t.brosplitter

cortisol

New lifter with 4 months of training under his belt