/TIPS THREAD/

You could spend all day browing fit and find ONE solid piece of advice. ITT we share the best of what we know

>stalling is often psycholgical. unracking and static holds with greater weight than your max lift will make it seem lighter
>grip the fuck out of the bar on every lift. if your CNS thinks your wrists can't handle the weight, it won't deliver the power
>thumbless grip on pulls for more lat activation
>tribulus and cardio will cure erectile dysfunction
>yohimbine after-effects will cause your nipples to become erect as if they are cold, curing small amounts of gyno
>you can buy multi-climax condoms, the inner is covered in numbing gel to make you last longer and the outer has ridges to make her finish quicker
>you can get a clean-shave along your ass and ballstack by quickly moving a lighter along the hairs. no joke
>you can buy male spot concealer which covers any red pimples or blackheads after you've popped them
>after not using shampoo for a month, your hair will have a perfect permanent texture
>instead of wrist rollers with a rope, you can buy adjustable 'wringers' where you grip the device and wring it back and forth without having to let go

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/NoPoo/wiki/index
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>you can get a clean-shave along your ass and ballstack by quickly moving a lighter along the hairs. no joke
fuck me that sounds sketchy

>>after not using shampoo for a month, your hair will have a perfect permanent texture
how could I do this, should I just became a NEET for a month?

Is that dog/cat food at the bottomright under your mirror -.-' ?

Ok op have a 5€ tip

don't knock it till you try it
reddit.com/r/NoPoo/wiki/index

what the fuck op

fuck off I know what is no poo I asked you a simple question and you replied with a wall of reddit manual

>the only really usefull supplements are creatine and if you care about health also omega3, zinc and multivitamins
>there are studies that eating carrots (or more vegetables in general) makes you more attractive because it gives your skin a healthy "glow" which other humans associate with you being healthy and therefore think you look better
>if you feel sick and tired during the winter times it could very well be a lack of sunlight and therefore you should supplement Vitamine D
>yoga and foam rolling are actually not memes and if you struggle with back pain you should definitely try to use those tools

>eating carrots gives you a glow
>just makes you more orange because of excess beta-carotene
>have had multiple doctors check my eyes were normal
>worried i had jaundice

>listening to angry music while lifting and channeling the dark side for energy increases cortisol and gives you gyno, and the more midi-chlorians you have the more gyno you get

you asked me a simple question that you can answer yourself dumbfuck. how am I supposed to fucking know when's best for you to do it? figure it out

Now this is Pod racing

Buzzcut and stop using shampoo
With very short hair your hair wont get greasy and you can easily transition

>topical peppermint oil (diluted in another like almond or grapeseed or w/e) can slow early signs of hair loss
>attach wrist roller to low pulley for dat dere increasing resistance as you roll, believe me 10lbs 2xF per direction like this will fuck you harder than any amount of normal minipl8 rolling ever will
>dandelion root capsules (or very strong tea if you can stomach it) 3x/day starting a week before an event where you need to look good will do wonders for definition. beware of bowel upregulation first two days, do not take on day of actual event
>progress stomach vacuums like any other exercise, first lying down 4xF where F = >60sec., then sitting, then standing. going straight into standing ones might fuck your lower back.
>thinking of a gorilla trying to look good in front of a mate will make you assume perfect sumo diddle stance immediately
>ebay has refurbished pro weightlifting gear for literally 1€/kg occasionally
>listen to electronic music that has the same bpm as the heartrate you are aiming for during cardio, 45min. LISS will feel like a breeze

retard

>thinking of a gorilla trying to look good in front of a mate will make you assume perfect sumo diddle stance immediately

try it, I double dare you. butt back, feet wide, tall spine, chest out, hands narrower than knees. I thought the user I got it from was shitposting too, but this cue helped me more than any form vids could lmao

>I'm personally starting to find that eating right before bed fucks with my sleep. Ideally, give yourself an 1-3 to digest everything, yet not fall asleep hungry.

Its the new bengay meme

My dad is a gastroenterologist and told me from early age that eating late or before sleep will result in worse sleep quality in most cases. Due to digestion and increased nutrient supply it will disrupt your rem cycles. The only time he recommends it is after partying/drinking even though there a conflicting study results on the effect of hangover after eating+sleep.

I tried doing it once, It burnt and killed the hairs but didn't give me a clean unless I got technical with it and repeated several times.

>SET FIRE TO YOUR BALLS
Yeah fuck off, everything else is solid advice

>beeing NEET is the best choice every

If done long enough low fat dieting will give you a gallstone.

>you can get a clean-shave along your ass and ballstack by quickly moving a lighter along the hairs.

God I love Veeky Forums

>fuck commercial preworkout, you can cop caffeine, citrulline, beta alanine and bcaas by the pound in bulk and mix your own for years to come
>beetroot extract diluted in a caffeinated beverage before a high volume high rep workout will give you a nasty veiny pump for the beach/club or other events, with no sides. keep super hydrated tho
>heavy snatch grip knee height rack pulls will make you xboxhueg at a fraction of the overall fatigue high volume diddlies tend to create
>do not neglect ulnar/radial (neutral grip palms inward) wrist work if you want complete popeye forearms and no health issues. either get a wrist roller that you can turn sideways or put an empty barbell in a rack at shoulder height and turn it by its sides
>nofap reaches peak effectivity on test after like 7 days, anything beyond that is diminishing returns

can sadly confirm this

>wahhhh spoonfeed me MOARRR

What is that on your sink??
Please respond? Is it animal food? Are you a steron?

Reposting in here, what I wrote in another thread:

I'm 29 and look like this, barely any muscle mass, quite slim bone structure, and I only weigh 56kg. Is it too late for me to start training and gain some weight in muscle mass?

What would it take for me to gain just a normal amount of muscle mass? Mind that I have limited time to workout in my everyday life, so I don't think it will be possible to go all in nuts on that lifestyle. That's why I'm asking you.

Check'd
With that frame will take you forever. But you can look better than now if you train.

I'm only going for building a normal muscle mass so that I'm not skinny anymore. I can't just eat myself skinnyfat either, so I'm thinking about start lifting. Is it possible or am I too god damn old? For example, if I do 3 workouts a week?

just kill yourself

No, my life is very good in other regards.

Hey anons I have pain in the lower back, middle between my hips when I sit and when I dead lift it hurts. Is this symptoms of slip disc

>try out different exercises in every session you do until you have a general idea how all the major ones work, it breaks the monotony of lifting and will give you a good idea of alternatives if you get injured or hit a wall
>don't make lifting your identity
>don't make a certain type of training your identity
>barbell lifts, unilaterals, cardio, hiit, circuit training, isolations, partials, using bands, chains or rings, cheating lifts should all be tools in your tool belt and you should know how and why to use them
>your training should be goal oriented and not forgetting about what you actually want to achieve is important
>any form cycling is a very good way of burning a shit ton of calories without fatiguing you too much, and you can do it for a long time without much risk of injury
>strength is a skill and the direction you're moving the weight in matters a lot
>training with someone reliable, who has experience and can point out mistakes to you is the most valuable asset you can have
>most people are utterly clueless about lifting, especially those who think they got it all figured out and try to tell you "it's science", even though on the subjective matter for you science is mostly useless apart from a few general ideas
>people suck at communicating and there no such thing as a universal cue for everyone
>meal prep will save you a shit ton of time, pre weigh and package in a smart way so you don't have to weigh stuff every day, don't eyeball calories unless you're really forced to
>protein sources matter, if you eat plant based stuff you need more of it
>consuming more protein than you need is fine and will often enable you to find a compromise with social eating, because you're not forced to eat a certain amount of protein in a meal
>nutrition will mess with things like recovery times and how much volume you can handle overall
>the easiest way to snap your shit up is to put on 25 pounds and do sports like you used to
>never ever listen to Veeky Forums

>Is it too late for me to start training and gain some weight in muscle mass?
no

>What would it take for me to gain just a normal amount of muscle mass?
eat well, train 3-4 times a week and be consistent

>Mind that I have limited time to workout in my everyday life
Excuses, you can find 8-10 hours a week for working out

>so I don't think it will be possible to go all in nuts on that lifestyle
that lifestyle is mostly about eating healthy food, maybe taking the bike instead of your car and going to the gym occasionally. I dont see how that excuse is valid since most of those things dont require any time at all.

All I hear are excuses, if you spend literally ANY time watching TV you could be doing cardio while doing so. If you spend literally any time on Veeky Forums you could be in the gym instead. If you like to sleep long on the weekends you could easily wake up 2h earlier.

The fact of the matter is you dont have too little time you just prefer to be comfortable and not get up at 5AM to start your workout before work.

Girls care infinitely more about your social status and popularity then they do your body. People always misunderstand this, thinking it means you're supposed to be some class clown retard with tons of friends, but it doesn't and that's clearly retarded. It means being a person of capability and admiration that is of such high value that people flock to you and surround you because they want to know the things you know, or simply because they want to be seen with you. This can be very difficult to pull off, because you have to not only be intensely confident, charismatic, and capable of understanding people and their points of views perfectly, but also be different from the norm and pioneering in all the right ways so that people adore the uncertainty, excitement and adventure you bring into their lives. It's one thing to be a comfortable normie who's nice and considerate and people generally like him, and it's another to be a driven trailblazer who is cutting a path through the jungle of life (and this next part is important) not for yourself, but for others. Once you convince people that your chad energy is spent for the good of everyone, they will follow you and adore you to the end, including women.

Women love power. Muscles are not power. Good looks are not power. Confidence, courage, intelligence, are all by themselves not power. Power is control, and when everyone puts their fate in your control because they like you so much, you are now they most powerful person around.

So my best tip for Veeky Forums is to not become some edgy self-improver by doing self-contained shit like nofap and cold showers and juicing, you should instead invest your efforts in understanding people, becoming friends with them, becoming friends with MORE of them, build a rapport with society, pretend to enjoy the things they do, pretend to think the way they think until there is no one left who has bad things to say about you, and you move into being the most influential person on earth.

>hands narrower than knees makes you assume good sumo stance
yeah, hands outside knees makes into shit sumo stance.
>chest up ass back
shit cues, enjoy lack of neutral spine

>eat well, train 3-4 times a week and be consistent
Hmm, ok.
>Excuses, you can find 8-10 hours a week for working out
It's both a matter of will and the difficult of finding time. I will never find 8-10 hours a week because my priorities are set on other things, and also it's about will because I would prioritize differently - I have children.

>that lifestyle is mostly about eating healthy food, maybe taking the bike instead of your car and going to the gym occasionally. I dont see how that excuse is valid since most of those things dont require any time at all.
I already use a bike for work oftentimes, but I can do it more often for sure, maybe even all days. I will look into what to eat.

>All I hear are excuses
Yes, we all have excuses, working out is hard and is easily shuffled down on your lift of priorities, I'm not denying it. I'm aware of my limitations of how much I will ever be able to change my lifestyle, but I'm hoping I can do it to some extent if that means I have a chance of gaining a normal amount of mass.

Coincidentally all those are things that tend to give you opportunities to make more money, too.

That'll get you washed up club sluts. It's first face, then body (frame and height), then confidence/status, then money and last personality.

it is understandable that gaining mass isnt your main priority in life, and it shouldnt be. but if you truly want to change you will have to prioritize it higher than it is right now otherwise you wont change.

and even with children you could easily just eat well and train 3x a week for about 2h (including the drive to and from the gym) and you will see improvement. will you look like the Hulk ? probably not but you can gain a decent amount of muslce even training just a few hours a week. combine that with biking to work more often and you will definitely see improvement.

also if you have kids why not do something like climbing with them ? or go swimming ? or some other physical activity, would not only benefit you but also be a lot of fun for them and teach them a healthy lifestyle. and you can definitely gain some muscle doing those sorts of things it doesnt always have to be lifting.

>pretend to enjoy things you secretly hate
>try to befriend people you dont care about

to what end ? being "chad" is a fucking meme, just hang out with people you like being around and find a nice girl with similar interests. who cares what some shallow whore thinks, you really think I care about that when I lay in bed next to the girl of my dreams ?

fuck society just be who you want to be and eventually you will find someone that fits into your life and be happy. pretending to be something you are not will never make you happy.

t. conventional 2pl8 diddlet

Yeah I hear you and you're right. I swim with them sometimes, but when I do I haven't been making it into a workout session for myself. I am somewhat active in terms of biking and I used to run too, and my work is basically hiking and being on my feet all day. But I have never lifted before, except one year during military service. During that year I actually tried, but I know now in hindsight that I did a poor job with it. I wish I had kept going, because back then I was in my prime.

>>>/neverimprove/

My advice on deadlifts :

Don't think that less rom = you pulling more weight. Don't do sumo just because you can pull more.

What matters is how upright your back is. This is why sometimes it is better to go super narrow instead of super wide, so that you can sit back more and therefore use less lower back and more legs.

nigger I have three kids and a 50hr work week and I lift hard and heavy and often. just gotta set priorities and learn to hustle whatever time you have as best as you can

T
I
C
K
Y

Stop focusing on cutting unless you're unhealthy levels of bodyfat until you can bench press 3 plates, squat 4 plates, and deadlift 5 plates for at least 1 comfortable rep.

you actually sound like a rather active guy which is good. judging from your body you might have to eat a bit more and "better" food as in more protein.

if you REALLY dont have the time for the gym 3x a week then get a pullup bar and maybe some weights so you can train at home. even with just pullups and bodyweight stuff you can get a good body. you could always do a quick 30min session of bodyweight stuff a few times a week. it might not be the absolute best for building muscle but it damn sure is better than nothing and you can build a better body.

>>there are studies that eating carrots (or more vegetables in general) makes you more attractive because it gives your skin a healthy "glow" which other humans associate with you being healthy and therefore think you look better
Y'all niggas need to go out to the beach more and get dat dere healthy tan

Bull shit imo, I want to look good I dont necessarily care about strength. There is nothing wrong with cutting if your skinny fat to clean bulk after

t. 3 plate deadlift

>talking about doing what you want on a board dedicated to doing things you hate to become objectively better

if i did what i wanted i would be a fat weeaboo living in my room eating doritos and banging hookers all day

instead i lift, study, socialize, travel, flog myself (optional) which are all things i fucking hate, jesus i don't think i've felt happiness in a decade, but they objectively improve me physically, mentally, emotionally, etc

>fuck society
are you kidding me faggot? fuck what everyone does and thinks and creates just because it's hard for you to impress them? might as well fuck history, religion, philosophy, science as well right? after all that doesn't make you happy, or maybe small cherry-picked pieces of them make you happy because you're a fucking brainlet who does whatever lame shit brings you "happiness"

happiness is a scam dude, always was, it's the entertainment of life, joy and contentment just distract you from achieving things, the gainsgoblin of existence

have fun sitting cold in the grave with no accomplishments thinking some dumb shit like "hurr i was happy and liked by the people who were important to me" while you get forgotten in two generations while other people who applied themselves get battleships, cities, countries, rockets and probably future planets named after them because they decided to grab life by the cock and fucking thrash it

you know what, you're not even a brainlet, you're lifelet, you just drift through existence like piece of fucking driftwood, i bet you haven't lived a single day in your life

conquer a country or cure cancer or something and be remember for the rest of history you fucking loser

I think I can easily do 2x a week which would be the best in terms of motivation and priorities, but I realize this might not be enough, so I'm willing to try 3x. My concern has been whether it's too late for me to make a decent progress. I mean, I am getting old and I don't want to waste time if it's not going to give any results.

The whole idea is that the higher your strength is before you start cutting the more mass you'll retain towards the end.

Someone with a 315 bench can cut 20lbs of fat, look amazing, and their bench will go down to like 265-275. Meanwhile you'll go from 225 to 180, and wonder were all your mass went.

Trust me, I'm not some SS faggot, or 5x5 autistic cunt. I'm into high volume, high intensity, strength for me is also a secondary to volume, but the point is the strength must be there, regardless. PLEASE do not confuse me for some LOW VOLUME STRENGTH guy, I'm saying this advice even with HIGH VOLUME and STRENGTH in mind.

Shut up maggot, I'm a professor with 3 kids and I still make time to lift. Btw I started at 30 and now way past 1/2/3/4. No excuses.

oh my sweet summer child

>you can buy male spot concealer which covers any red pimples or blackheads after you've popped them
once you take the convenience of makeup you wont go back, would not recommend

>way past 1/2/3/4
What do you mean by this?
I'mnot saying that the kids are hindering me, I'm just saying that it's very easy to prioritize other stuff than training. I'm a realist and I know my motivation is not the best, and having other stuff to deal with in my life has always made me put lifting low on my list.

Traps are indeed gay, but looking at them is perfectly straight.

Thanks for the advice

Anything more than you are doing now will lead to improvement, the question is just how much improvement. in the end you get what you put in and even when you only train 2x a week you can get a decent body it will just take longer and the end result will be worse. but will it be better than what you look like now ? absolutely.

you could also go to the gym 2x a week and then do some shorter bodyweight workouts another 2x a week. just remember during your workouts always push yourself. also you are not too old, you just need to incorporate fitness into your life and you will feel and look better.

Just start out with a better diet and 2x a week of training. stay consistent and do it for ATLEAST a month without skipping workouts or cheating. you will most likely feel better and want to do more anyway, then reevaluate where you go from there.

Okay that reasonable, Im cutting now from 180lbs my stats are not that good but cutting will make me feel better about myself. The last time I saw my abs was when I was 5.

5'10
195lbs bench
245 dead lift
125 ohp

Why should I care if some people I dont know name a battleship that is used for killing people after me ? the only thing that matters is being happy and passing your knowledge on to your kids, they will live on for me and carry my legacy I dont need more than that.

and you calling me a loser because I dont devote myself to eternal misery just for a vain goal like having some shitty building or ship named after me really shows how much society has destroyed you.

mate i hope you raise your kids with some ideal other than "do what you makes you happy" because you and i both know that kind of thinking is what is killing society

>lmao fuck society big is beautiful
>lmao fuck society transquamihyperfluidsexual is a real gender
>lmao fuck society i should be allowed to fuck my dog

all i'm saying is there is objective greatness in life beyond what you do for your children, like what you do for other peoples children, by changing the world that is hurting them

and don't think that just because things are good that it doesn't mean it's still actively trying to kill you, a good example is the surplus of food in america and the subsequent obesity crises it's causing that is killing people

life is hard, and if you don't fight back against it's attempts to cut you down you're gonna end up not very useful to your children, and they will subsequently end up even worse

will you fight? or will you perish like a dog?

g-guys

when I was 10 I broke my left wrist, I had on a massive cast that was heavy as shit.
My right oblique is defined as fuck, my left is lagging massively, I've been doing isolations on it to have to catch up but now my left side is in constant pain.

My hip flexor hurts, my lower back hurts (both of thse on the left side) and I can feel my hips being pulled up by the stronger muscle (right oblque)

how to fix

Pretty sure this happened to me about a week ago. Eating a ton of high-fiber foods along with very little fat, my stomach was fucking killing me for a few days.

God this 29 year old faggot is insufferable. Just leave, the sick cunt life is not for you. Enjoy your wife and kids. you are literally never going to make it.

you sound like an edgy faggot but tbqfh this motivated me a bit. thanks, sorta, I think

3 days a week, Greyskull LP with accessories
Eat more and dont be afraid to eat shit

yes

*fips tedora*

just dont be an aspie
aka BEE urself

Alright, thanks for the peptalk.

iktf
not the other user, but set aside some time in ur week and within that time make lifting your number 1 priority

>I'm a realist and I know my motivation is not the best
t. defeatist lazy pussy

1/2/3/4 is
135lbs Overheadpress
225lbs Benchpress
315lbs Squat
405lbs Deadlift

you're on Veeky Forums dude

I started doing this around 3 months ago, first few weeks were hell, but after that it's convenient and nice.

> sometimes the best way to have good form is go up in weight.

If you're new you probably won't be able to engage your lats on demand for a couple months. This means 50lbs and 100lbs on the lat pull down can feel the same because on 50lb you'll use your arms because your body can't get away with it. 100lbs your body will have to use its lats. The extreme example is clean and jerks, where newbies learning the technique use their arms instead of their legs. Add 25lbs and they will realize the only way they can move the weight is to use their legs

29 is not too old.

this is how injuries happen in eager novices

If you've got nonstop acne on your nose, it could actually be sebaceous filaments.

Had this shit since puberty and thought it was weird blackheads until I learned about it here, of all places.

joel?

Since no one else is saying it, congrats if you're telling the truth.
>tfw my Veeky Forumssci/ goal is to be the only Fellow of the Society of Actuaries in the world with a black belt in BJJ

>Pur more weight on the bar before attempting your max. When you inevitably strip the weight, your real max will feel much lighter by comparison.
>CLEAN BULK IF YOU'RE SKINNYFAT
>Stop trying to use linear progression for an extended period of time.
>Put microplates underneath your first plate on the floor, roll the weight on top of the microplate, and slide the weights off comfortably.
>Neck training is real. If you want to automatically look like you play football or wrestle, train your neck.

what to do about this shit

>dont juice
>fap!
>focus on money, not your body
>dont juice
FOUND THE KEK

I just control it by washing my face with Clearasil in the morning and at night. Seems there's nothing you can do about big pores if your nose resembles a strawberry, like mine.

I remember an old Veeky Forums thread said to use a loofah on your hair to avoid excessive grease. This was in like 2013 though.

>train your neck.
and your traps

You act as if lifting isn't enjoyable as well as good for you

linking to reddit on Veeky Forums....wow this place has changed

>being so narrow minded that you cant accept information from a place you dont like

grow up faggot, if there is decent information out there it doesnt matter where it comes from.

Now this is iPod racing

Motivation is a meme, get some discipline bitch

no no no wrong wrong wrong don't listen this idiot.