How happy are you Veeky Forums?

How happy are you Veeky Forums?

Talk to me about your feels.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How happy are you

Not very. Thanks for asking ass hole

tell me more, I could offer some advise if you'd like.

>Finally meet a woman with actual similar intersts who I feel like I can connect with as a person rather than human fleshlight
>She's not interested in me

>lonely
>apathetic towards sex
>watching my life go nowhere in front of my eyes

Not very

Miss her and what we had a lot

>listening to beach house looking at photos of me and her

As clichéd as it sounds, why don't you have a go at setting some short, medium and long term goals user?

That might help to give your life purpose and direction.

All good things must come to an end.

You don't miss her user. You miss the feelings created and associated with her.

You can achieve these similar feels with other girls you know?

That being said, you should cherish the happy memories.

i won't user i wont not like this....

I know this feel user.

Statically speaking, there's others like her out there minus the disinterested part.

Keep looking. You'll find somebody.

I've been depressed for years due to a medical condition, yet I don't like speaking about it andI'd rather move forward and be positive because I'm trapped enough in my own negative thoughts.

Is this a healthy outlook to continue having?

Put them away user.

carpe diem user! Don't wallow around in sadness

>You miss the feelings created and associated with her.
i miss the anticipation i had when we were planning what to do

No user - let me tell you a few things.

You only live once user.

When you're on your deathbed, do you really want to look back on your life knowing this is how you felt for the majority (?) of it? -

or would you prefer to look back on something else?

Use this to motivate yourself perhaps.

happiness is for pussies and poor people.

If you're chasing these feelings, then why don't you have a go at organizing something?

If you don't take action, you won't experience this feeling you like.

If you do, there's a chance, and a chance is better than nothing.

Be a risk taker, or be nothing.

>achieved a decent physique years ago and have been maintaining physique, completely content with my body
>work a decent job with clear opportunities I'll be moving up in the future and hopefully make a decent living
>have no friends
>surprise, surprise, no social skills
>can't make new friends
>the realization that the only thing that keeps you from going insane is the distractions in your life.

For me those distractions are work and gym. I get really unhappy and miserable when I'm not at work or at the gym because I realize that my life is completely empty and when I be completely real with myself and I can't see this changing anytime soon.

Lately it's been getting worse, I've never had any kind of serious issues mentally but these past few weeks have felt a bit different. There's a looming feeling on anxiety that seems to be settling in now.

Is it odd that I want to live a short life? The idea of living beyond 40 sounds terrible. I already feel like every year is just going to be more shit in terms of my overall happiness.

Yes, I should kill myself.

lost my mojo OP, she was my mojo

>do you really want to look back on your life

no, that's the whole point of my post. I'm suppressing my darker emotions in exchange for, often, forcing positivity. The question was whether ignoring these emotions is ok for the sake of a positive outlook.

Its different every day, one day im happy the other im not. atm im not doing all that great....
I know this girl likes me but haven't talked to her in a long time, no idea what to do with my future and kinda floating around. Only thing that does keep my feet on the ground is working out and stuff.

Its always a girl

always

I feel like shit lately

After 3 years of dedicated lifting, I suddenly lost all motivation and I dont know why

I cannot make myself go to the gym anymore and even if I go my workouts are total shit because my mind is not in it

I dont know what the fuck gotten into me, the whole thing just seems so futile to me now

Its just pointless, lifting didnt improve the quality of my life whatsoever. I dont know how to get my shit back together

It seems to me that you don't have any hobbies user.

I know you've been told this many times, but I'll say it again.

Find a hobby. Why don't you try find a social sport team?

As you get older, you have to actually try to make friends - It doesn't just happen naturally.

I think that this anxiety you describe could be your subconscious knowing that you're deeply unhappy with your current situation.

You might reach a breaking point and and have a massive overhaul...at least in my experience.

Things won't change unless you take action.
I'll leave you with this:
The energy or active exercise of the mind constitutes life - Aristotle

It's completely okay to feel negative emotions.

Thats a part of human nature.

Don't punish yourself for feeling down.

Posted in another thread, but:

feel like absolute dog shit. thinking about missed opportunities due to depression and insecurity standing in the way hurts so much. my life from 18-23 has been full of them and I'm finding it hard dealing with the fact that I'll never have those years back. The supposed "best years" of my life. Sure I can (and am) try to make the future much better, but in the back of my mind I feel that all my effort is in vain

Just some general advice- don't base the entirety of your happiness on one individual.

I think you were too reliant.

You can sit here and feel bad all you like, but that won't achieve anything.

What can you achieve over today, this week, this month, and this year?

Why do you dwell on the past if you can't change it user?

Time reflecting in a negative manner like this is time wasted.

Just know that life is one giant learning experience, and that everyone makes mistakes along the way.

It's good to see that you've recognized your missed opportunities, and are using your hindsight to motivate yourself into taking forward steps.

Many people find that their later years (30+) are better because they have new opportunities that they never had at a younger age.

Some examples might be:

Owning a house

Raising a family

Traveling

Your effort are not in vain, for you have many years ahead of you.

I am doing good enough for now.
>good job that I am good at
>got my own place
>getting into shape and should be out of DYEL mode by the end of the year
>no GF but could have one if I wanted it and will probably make myself more open to the idea of a relationship come next year

Things could be better but they are doing good enough for now

i simultaneously want to work out more and also want to put it off

i had a good workout earlier so i'm happy i did. trt has been going good for me. energy is up, i've been getting through my workouts fine, my gf says i smell like i used to 5 years ago, and i might be seeing better results in the gym but i'm not sure. might be a placebo but i think i might be more assertive too, i'm actually willing to try to get my money back or negotiate discounts.

september was better than august. i will try to make october better than september. I'm disappointed that I haven't been studying like I said I would in 2017 and it doesn't look like I'm going to pass the entrance test to get into the school I want to before 2018 but I feel better mentally than I did earlier so hopefully I'll be closer to my goals than I was before

Please don't feel like the 3 years you spent is wasted.

You have achieved a lot.

Perhaps put it on the back burner for a while, and focus on something else - such as:

a skill/hobby

social circle

Or try something new/something you've always wanted to do. Life is short so make the most of it.

One thing I urge you not to do is fall lower and lower into this mood.

All the best user.

nothing actually if there's no future with a girl, i don't know what to work towards to user

Believe it or not I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you user.

Why haven't you been studying?

I could perhaps recommend some methods that might help you

This also check these dubs and cry

Good stuff aye user.

How do you like your own place?

have you decorated it?

>moved out of parents home to be alone with her
>decorated the place with her
>she's gone now

>Nothing actually

Not true.

If finding a girl is something you're keen on, consider taking some steps to improve your chances.

You know the deal...

It might be worth extraverting (is that even a word?) yourself for a bit to help.

>Why haven't you been studying?

It's easier not to study than it is to study. When I get home from work I rarely have studying in mind, just some form of entertainment. At this point I have a healthy amount of pre-course work to do, all of which neatly organized into a series of problems/exercises it's just a matter of pinning myself down to actually do it. Any advice on focusing on study after or before work is welcome

You're probably right. I struggle to figure out any kind of hobby or some sort of things I can get passionate about. I'm definitely missing that in my life.

One thing that certainly works against me is a personality trait where I generally prefer being by myself. I don't have any huge internal push to put myself out there to make friends which I really hate about myself. I know it's important, I suffer the consequences of having no social life or social skills regularly.

Thanks for the tips, sometimes you just need to be reminded about these things.

Why did she leave?

Is it possible that you find somewhere else to live so as to avoid the physical reminder of her..?

just wasn't what she was looking for, her reasoning
literally everything reminds me of her user

How long has it been?

over a month now

maybe my man maybe

I don't even know how to begin to set goals. I've never set grmgor myself because I've got a colossal fear of failure

I just want to add, that in my personal experience, curiously drives passion.

RE your desire to be alone, I'm similar.

Sometimes I just want to be alone on the account of interacting with people for long periods of time.

Other times I crave social interaction.

Just work on finding a balance.You'll get there.
Have a nice day.

E. i miss you

You gotta take baby steps my man.

Read this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria

Then, create your own SMART goal (but ONLY ONE.)

write it down somewhere you'll see it often.

eg a bit of paper in the bathroom opposite the toilet.

Complete it, reap the reward for doing so

Rinse and repeat, and overtime build up the number of goals you've got going on simultaneously.

Good luck.

I am 27 and I have never experienced happiness.

In my experience:

The first few months:

I felt many things, numbness, loneliness, unwanted etc

As time went by, the feelings eased.

One day, many 4/5 months later I went a whole day without thinking of her.

Then some time later it became a few days in a row without her name coming into my head.

After that a whole week etc...

You get my point user. This healing process takes time, and nothing else.

Check out 808s & Heartbreak by Kanye West.

It helped me process my feelings a lot.

Also, don't forget to surround yourself with people. I found this to help me.

How did you feel when you landed your first job?

How did you feel when you got a good grade in school?

How did you feel when the sun shined and Mr blue sky came out?

Get a little notebook and write down three things that you're grateful for per day, (can't repeat any entries)

After one month you should have 90 things.

Studies suggest that doing this will help with happiness.

I'm going to sleep now.

Goodnight.

thing is i don't want this to fade i don't want her and i to just be memories
it's sickening that i'm forced to

night user. Thanks for the reply ()

Not good. Spent my train journey contemplating my personality. I'm an egocentric who talks about himself way too much. But at the same time, I'm afraid I'm not qualified to talk about anything else.

Met a girl who I liked, we went on a couple of dates, and ultimately got rejected. I'm 99% convinced it was because of my shitty personality.

And now I'm here, talking about my feelings on Veeky Forums. Not the best of days.

same

I have no aim and no purpose in life, nothing really interests me, im bored to death. I've watched my life flew by while dwelling in depression and distracting myself with video games all day long. And now I'm 25 and have reached absolutely nothing.

I keep going to university and doing my chores/lifting because i dont want to feel even worse.

I just wish i was a teenager again with all possibilties and opportunities ahead of me. But thats gone and I cant get over it.

>dont sleep very well even though im always tired
>cant cry
>grandma died a few weeks ago
>everyone in my family cried
>I didnt

It's like my feelings are chocked. It would be so great to really intensively feel something again with mind and body.

Why is life so hard.

you touched a piece of me
even though im homo i dont mean that in a sexual way okay?

shit I wanted to post a sad doggo with my post
good night sweet credibility

>finally get together with onitis
>feel myself getting too attached and clingy

Heeeeeeeeellllllpppppp

I oscillate every 2-3 weeks I'd say from fine to not happy at all, I've just accepted it and learned to remind myself that I'll feel better later

I don't know sometimes man. Super stressed from competitive college, competitive internships, and future competitive job. Have a gf, but still have some relationship issues from parents so some days want to talk to her all day, others I just want to dump her. Working out really has started to help though.

feel you hard

Since my break up i've been nothing but miserable, looking at my life which has no purpose anymore, nothing to look forward to, no one to share the upcoming years with

It's okay that pain will fade then you'll feel nothing :)

I don't want to user i unironically thought this relationship would flourish into something beautiful and last

Really happy.
Job is going better by the day and getting more and more projects.
Health is way better than last year.
Lifting is going at a steady rate with improvements.

Best part is I found a girl. Dating for 1 month, slept with her for the first time this week. Sex is good, but waking up next to the person you really like looking straight in their eyes, both smiling and caressing each other feels way better.
Knowing that in that moment you know what you want in life, that it has gotten better over the years, that once again after a long time you feel truly happy.

how did you meet

Work. We share some interests and we got to talk. Took a chance and asked her out for something to eat. Somewhat casual first date. We talked about getting a subscription to the local movie theatre. The next weekend she texted me that she got one and that I should hurry and get one as well. Went to dinner + movies for a couple of weeks getting closer and closer Everytime. Never a boring date after the first one

i feel u man, i fucked up earlier in life for sure, for a year now everything has improved a shitload.
But almost nothing changed, life is still boring as shit.
If this doesnt change once i actually work and have some intellectual challenge and money to throw away... i really dont see much of a point to anything.
i probably wont kill myself cause of boredom, but god damn its gonna be annoying.

Why don't you travel and try to get by without a stable income? Explore different cultures, meet new people etc..

Try this: I'd recommend martial arts, it's both Veeky Forums and social

Not happy with life at all
Got maybe the next year figured out that's it

Feel too dumb to go to uni
Feel more alone now that the gf broke up with me
Got no one to talk to besides my best friend living abroad
Currently 5 threads open in 5 tabs, some podcast in the background and am just staring onto my wall behind the monitor

Dude I was in a similar situation, actually worse because of no GF.

Fuck uni. It's not for everybody and a lot of people go in Dept to fail or to realise that they don't actually want to do the thing they studied for.
Go for a trade school if you want, job guaranteed with a good income but it's though. If you don't want to do this just go for easy jobs. I went for a call center for a big webshop. Just take in orders and deal with complaints. Within a few months I promoted for another position and now I am in full control of all problems and training new people.
Met new people, even dated a couple of girls. It gave me new motivation to wake up and to go out.
Mind you I am (maybe was) a shy introvert who hated phonecalls but I dove into my problems and went head on. I still hate phonecalls but I worked myself to a better position.

I don't know if this will help you, but change something it might be good for you

Thanks user

I'm pretty shy myself, not that outgoing and general a more calmer person.
All i do is work 5 days a week and that's it.
The last few months my aim in life was to build a future with my then gf, but that aim is now worth nothing. Other than that, i see no reason to change something for just myself.

I should probably get back into lifting but it still reminds me a lot about her so there's that
Plus i'd really love to live in the us, in a uni city maybe where i could meet new people rather than being bitter over here in europe

>ordering pizza, once again

welp

I'm at a point where i'm so depressed i want to eat myself to death

Life's real good brah
>the lump in my arm is benign, still waiting for results about the one in my neck
>have a date next Tuesday with 5'2" women's physique competitor. She wants to lift together (pullup contest) and then get dinner
>have an Asian qt who wants me to come over on sunday
>had a date last night with a tall blonde qt
>she was hilarious and engaging, studying neuroscience
>she said she wanted to invite me up but "I'm trying to be good"
>start kissing in her doorway
>wound up making out for like 30 minutes in a nearby grassy clearing
>she asks me to go on a second date to the movies next week "even though we will probably just do this the whole time"
>she told me I have nice arms at one point
Plus it's college football season, so I know what I'm doing all day Saturday.
And my lifts are increasing steadily

Finally out of college
Healthier now than I've ever been
However, my dad up and died earlier this year and I don't feel safe in my own body since. everytime I so much as sneeze I go and scour webmd and fucking pubmed for hours.
He's gone and I can recognize that, and I can recognize I'm moving to a better place, but damn shit still sucks a massive fucking chode and I'm having quite the time getting my zest for life back.

>more or less reached my physique and strength goals
>job as a (((DJ))) which literally enables me to get paid for having fun shitfaced
>loving gf who is cool about me getting thirsty slag poon behind the stage for too small bumps of Ket because she knows I love only her and always will
>finally made peace with parents, especially mom

>...still feel empty and bereft inside all day and night despite not being truly depressed or anything (confirmed by doc and roughly 30yrs experience of judging my own mental health)
well, fuck :)

>>loving gf who is cool about me getting thirsty slag poon behind the stage for too small bumps of Ket because she knows I love only her and always will
>..still feel empty

your point being? I dont take that many drugs myself anymore and the fucking others thing is mainly a kink, we also swing and go to foursomes and such. the empty feeling has been there since before I met her, its probably mainly about having reached my job and body goals and not having new ones yet I assume