Easier to lose weight

>easier to lose weight
>feels good
>better overall health
>makes you feel better and not get winded easily doing physical activities
>live longer

Why haven't you fell for the cardio meme?

>feels good
Makes me want to kill myself

lifting makes me feel good inside

I did, I was a cross country runner in high school
I was 5'4'', 90lbs
cardio turns you dyel
t.dyel

I'm 5'6 110lbs why the h*ck would losing weight be a good thing?

Eat more skeleton, cardio doesn't prevent you from eating

Cardio is about fitness, not losing weight, simpleton.

I really hate running, but it looks like it is the only thing that's gonna help me lose the last bit of body fat hiding my abs

and those sweet neurogenesis gains

Ran 1.5km a day before. Knees started hurting and stopped.

Lose weight and learn how to run properly

Not him, but how does one run properly?

(not him)
There is some to be said about posture and breathing techniques, but you can google it. The basic things, that are the most essential to actually being able to run, is to control your breath and your pace. Don't just start running forward like a retard. Stretch, run a short warm up, then start slowly and pick up your pace. Adjust your breathing pattern as you go. You are supposed to breath more heavily as you start getting worked up, but you should have it under control.

it starts that way but it changes.

Real talk, how much cardio is too much? I run about 5k once or twice week but I'm afraid it's impeding strength gains and I've heard it's hard on the knees.

>Not doing the superior form of cardio
It's like you don't even want to save your knees

Make sure it is your toe or mid foot (preferable toe) which strikes the ground first, that way a lot of the shock can be negated by your ankle. NEVER LAND YOUR FEET HEELS FIRST, YOU"RE GOING TO FUCK YOUR KNEES AND SHINS UP.
I found that the best way to know the proper form is to run 50-100m on pavements (or any hard surfaces) without wearing shoes - your body will naturally use a form which minimises the shock on your joints. Running is enjoyable one you get use to it.

>falling for running kills gainz
You should do 5km 5-6 times a week rofl.

i run 70 miles a week rn and my knees havent exploded yet

this fuck has no idea what hes talking about, if you want to do barefoot running practice first on a grassy field

i ride a lot and my cardio is shit for running, feel like cycling does nothing

i do 30km in 45min-1hour every morning

I ruck for about an hour every day fuck you

You don't ride enough.

its plenty, but running and cycling are way different. 2010-2012 I was rly active cycling then started transitioning into running. Maximum letdown when I found I couldnt run for shit. It did help with the progress in terms of endurance Im sure, but its way less than you'd think.

Dunno why exactly... I suspect cycling is too isolated only rly hitting legs hard while running is more intense on overall body tension and needs a certain dynamic to do well

I do both cardio and lifting. I'm a recovering fat fuck, almost 3 months of lifting/cardio and down 22lbs.

Just did my first 30 minute 5k run today. Cardio milestones do feel better than lifting ones for me. Makes me feel more athletic.

nice going man. Hit that 20-22min mark and youll be perfect. Special forces need to do 5k in

First goal from this point is 25 minutes. That's gonna take a long ass time because I barely manage the endurance at 10kph for 30 minutes. Cranking up the speed to 12kph for 25, I'd give out a lot earlier. Just gonna try and do the 30 min 5k once a week or more (if I want to) then gun for a new PR when I'm feeling it's getting easier.

Or does it never really get easier? Like past a certain point is cardio all just about how much fatigue you're able to endure?

>how much fatigue you're able to endure
Kind of. You will train your body to work longer in situations that they run under the needed supply levels, but thats not all there is to it. Especially when doing 30min on 5k. Losing weight and gaining cardio there

Whats your bodyweight currently?

One of my knees hurts still a week after running. I was just getting really in to it too. Going to try again Monday.

89KG at 182cm last I checked, down from 99. Still carrying a fair amount of extra baggage and I also have chunky ass quads/calves. Not exactly a marathon body.

i dont neeed to lose fat, i dont wanna live longer

I got back to swimming +10km a week in about 3 months after not even being able to hold a 800m workout in a hour having stopped for two years. Still can't run and bike for shit, but the cardio boost was immense.

Cardio causes cancer. Especially long distance running.

Because cardio kills gains. Why the fuck wasn't this the first post? It might be a meme, but it's true.

I have fell for the cardio meme. Went about a year swimming 10k a week, sometimes more if I fancied it. Now do half strength training half cardio and enjoying it. Now I am 180 pounds.

+ Gave me improved cardio vascular health, so my resting heart rate is now 44 and I have great endurance. Also stripped fat off me, quickly. The good thing too is that there’s no stress on joints

- Took me to 160lbs at 6foot2. Lean.
- People underestimate cardio vascular fitness

Because cardio alone won't let me reach my goal of being strong enough to be a motherfucker with another motherfucker.

Also I have basically no cartlidge in my right knee making running the stupidest activity for me. Cycling still works fine, but since I live in a place that sees snowfall for around half the year (as easy as Oct and as late as the end of May) it's not always the best option.

On the otherhand, Iron is still Iron no matter the weather.

>Real talk, how much cardio is too much? I run about 5k once or twice week but I'm afraid it's impeding strength gains and I've heard it's hard on the knees.
Just make sure you rest and eat well user, otroad to Gainesville

That's not how you run correctly my dude , you don't land on your toe when you do barefoot , you land on the outer ball of the feet .

"yet". when they do you gonna question why you were so stupid

there are many other forms of cardio
there are probably 5+ different machines in your gym dedicated to cardio

the breathing and heart rate should be the hard part
otherwise we'd have powerlifters kicking ass at marathons with their super strong running legs

shove a barbell up your ass

ayyy

I cycle every 3 days or so

Lots of people in here talking about fitness probably can't even run a 5k.

run at a 2 degree incline

running will actually build your calves and hamstrings, plus muscles in your knees squats can't develope

>easier to lose weight
nope. makes me hungry as fuck. simply not eating too much works much better for me
>feels good
subjective and depends on type of cardio, weather, mood etc
>better overall health
true unless it makes your joints hurt and it my case it does
>makes you feel better and not get winded easily doing physical activities
this is one objectively 100% true advantage
>live longer
>implying I want to live

it also makes me exhausted as fuck and therefore effectively takes up like 2 hours of my day which is not acceptable

not hating on cardio, just giving you an 100% honest explaination as to why I skip cardio, if you were curious

I ran 5k using sheer willpower. It was in 29 minutes and I felt like dying afterwards.