Sobriety

How many people here refrain from all recreational drug and alcohol use mainly due to the physical benefits? I used to be a drunk and benzo pill eater in my 20's but stopped alcohol when I was 28 and benzos when I was 30. I used to go to AA and NA but it was all cult-like and fucking weird. I'm 34 and now I don't drink or drug because of the health benefits and all the FPH pictures of people becoming obese from beer and those fruity 100mg sugar drinks.

Approaching 2 weeks of no alcohol after drinking every day. Going to replace the habit with weed though once I find a connect.

I'm trying to get sober from alcohol, the longest I've gone sober is a week. I'm hoping to change that this time, alcohol and drugs really are gains goblins

It isn't easy but it can be done. You have to start finding other things to do. AA can be a good starting point but its also so fucking cult like and people can be fucking awful.

10 years alcohol free...got in way to much trouble, I have major anger issues..lol, as for drugs, never have and never will life is a beautiful thing and don't need to mess it up with drugs...

>as for drugs, never have and never will life is a beautiful thing and don't need to mess it up with drugs...
Alcohol is a drug

N O B O D Y C A R E S F A G G O T

6yrs sober here

It can be done I did it through my local church

More than one month without drinking, for the gainz, altough I like some occasional weed, lsd or mdma.

It's pretty great

Although right now I'm trying to cut out sugar and cut down on caffeine

I never realized how addictive sugar is until you try to cut out refined stuff, fuck

I only drink occasionally (once a week) and then only about a beer or two. Haven’t used drugs in 4+ years and the same for smoking, though I never smoked more than rarely. Planning on re-cutting-out fast food and refined sugars.

I'm cutting out alcohol because I realized beer was starting to give me a gut and I'm getting older so shit is actually starting to stick to me.

It's good so far honestly, usually when I drink I can't sleep good.

Probably got drunk a good 40-50 times in 2016, been drunk only twice this year. Body fat from ~23% to ~9% and yet actually weigh more due to lean body mass gained. Feels fucking good man.

Can't even drink anymore, I have one or two and I'm done. Feels good being on the outside looking in.

i quit smoking a year and a half ago. still vape tho.

would like to quit it altogether.

im on sertraline for depression but otherwise iv been staying sober for a while

i'm straight edge. have been for over two years now, never turning back. all my friends are straight edge and we have the most fun. you have to be mentally strong enough to pull yourself out of the mentality of socializing around drugs or because of drugs

I'm 26. I've been drinking daily for two years now.
Like hard liquor. First thing in the morning. Sometimes right before work, sometimes while I drive, always in the evening.
Please help me. I don't want to be an alcoholic loser. So far I'm functional enough to have not gotten caught, but I know I will get caught sooner or later.

In Colorado?

Literally this is what is in my purse from just today. I need help please.
Just took this in the bathroom because I hide it from my family.

Do you and your friends have matching straight edge letterman jackets or nah?

>my purse
L O N D O N

>people itt quitting because of pussy-tier low tolerance

no wonder whites cant handle their drugs

I'll have 8 months on the 10th. Serious alcoholic here, AA gets a lot of hate but it's worked for me. For many years I would start lifting but quit after a month because I couldn't stay away from the booze. It's nice waking up now and going to the gym instead of shaking in bed from withdrawals in abject terror not knowing what I did thte night before. I think I' gonna make it boys.

you're worse than the weed fags.

What's it like having no self control?

I have never touched the stuff because i'm just too school for cool

I'm really sad because I'm friends with some really cool guys, we have fun and party, meet girls but they are always doing drugs/drinking. I'm so over that shit nowadays(24 now) I'm afraid the only option is to not hang out with them anymore... I'm just so sick of the partying lifestyle. Any advice for me?

People like you will probably have to hit rock bottom or die from alcohol related symptoms

I ditched all my party friends in my late 20s

They really weren't true friends maybe it's different for you

I'm 20 and have never even drank coffee AMA.

I vape weed concentrare, I have a little g pen thing that's mad inconspicuous. I drink socially but I have jiu-jitsu in the mornings so never more than 2 or 3 beers a night. Never drink on my own.

I've gone through periods of my life where I drank a lot, where I smoked a lot, where I did a lot of blow. I never made a conscious change, I just started working harder and booze/drugs were one of the first things to go as I prioritized career and sports. I like the weed, I work 60-70 hour weeks so after work and the gym it's 10:30 or 11, I have 1 hour to watch tv, eat and chill. I don't get goofy high anymore, it's not uncommon that I get a call from my boss after vaping and I'm fine, I do some work for him and it's of usual quality. I'll probably slow that down too as I get older, I think the most likely catalyst will be becoming a father.

I don't regret the nights where my 2 friends and I would polish off a handle of Evan Williams. Some of the best nights of my life. But I'm glad I'm in a different place now. I'm busy and I'm constructive, and it pays dividends.

I'll take the bait and assume that isn't some random image from Google. Sounds like you'll have to hit rock bottom before you actually change. That will probably mean either being ostracized by your family, losing your job, getting into an accident by yourself, or getting into an accident with another car and possibly killing someone. If you already know you need to change your life but you don't have the willpower to do it, you're one of those people who doesn't take things seriously until you face severe consequences, at which point it would be too late to do anything.
Either tell your family you need help, or check out adhl.org. Everyone here is anonymous, so you'll have to act like an adult and help yourself

i use cannabis sometimes because it's not unhealthy, but i don't drink or use any harmful drugs.

never drank alcohol not even a sip my entire life, smoked once though

Yeah, I'm off every recreational drug because of muh gainz.

That said I went from one type of cookie monster to a different type of cookie monster; no alcohol or hallucinogenics, but amphetamines and roids every day.

I didn't drink alcohol except maybe once every 2-3 months for a year. Than last month I started drinking more regularly, like 3 nights a week. I have since than gained bf% and look noticeably worse. I forgot how big the impact of alcohol is on body composition, but I will now again abolish the gains goblin that is alcohol.