Swimming thread /general/

Swimming thread /general/

So I'm new to this shit but I love how graceful swimmers look when they glide in the water no homer
My new gym even has a pool but I'm too much of a noob that I always get water in my nose everytime my face enters the water. That makes it super difficult to efficiently swim freestyle.
Can any experienced dolphine give me tips on what to do? Apart from that major issue I think my swimming technique is ok

Other urls found in this thread:

sealswcc.com/navy-seal-combat-side-stroke-guide.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9jAD1ofm4
youtube.com/watch?v=5UGSLcMxqSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I always get water in my nose everytime my face enters the water.
I'd take a class if you're having that problem. It always helps to brush up on different strokes and it's not expensive. If you don't want to do that look up basic breath control drills and spend a good 20 min practicing them every time you get in the water.

>tfw black so biologically can't swim

you arent the only one

amazon /swimming-nose-clip/b?ie=UTF8&node=3418821

Book private lessons with a swim coach if you want to fix your form. Lessons are a waste of time if you can already swim. Personally I had a coach correct my swimming stroke because I didn't swim for over 10 years.

Tell me Veeky Forums. YMCA pools, college/university pools or other?

sealswcc.com/navy-seal-combat-side-stroke-guide.html

Watch the video in this guide has a lot of good drills for getting comfortable in the water. Used to be just like you with my face in the water but after a fair bit of practice I feel 100% comfortable in the water.

great. Thanks bros

you can, you just won't be able to as fast as white people.

You can still use swimming as a great cardio exercise.

t. on high school swim team

uni pools. I see some major QTs there

>Swimmer's body best body

Even if you can't swim which you can just by learning, you should easily be able to tread water if you don't panic and take it slow

Lifeguard here.
Where I work lifeguards trade off watching the pool 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off. I get to do laps while my partner is on guard and vise versa. There's no better feeling than getting paid while you get fit.

I recently learned how to swim, the key is to get good at breathing. Watch a lot of videos online, practice breathing at home with a bathtub, filled up sink, bowl of water, whatever, submerge your face and practice lifting it to the side and back to breath, while you are underwater constantly blow bubbles out of your nose and water will not get in, humming while blowing bubbles will give you a good pace.
Once you are comfortable with breathing go to the pool and get one of those boards, place one hand out like you are raising your hand, and the other hand at your side while you practice breathing in the pool, you can kick or not, the main point is to get better at breathing. Once you have the breathing down in the pool start to learn the freestyle stroke, the key is to not let your legs sink, arch your back slightly and flex your glutes and hamstrings to keep your legs from sinking.
It will be hard to swim at first, and you will take a while to be able to do a lap without being out of breath, but with enough practice you can swim for an hours easily.

dyel

I have the feeling I'm having a hard time staying afloat and aligned with my legs since I'm a skelly and have such little fat ( and fat floats)
Is it literally my body or is it just lack of practice?
I'll keep those other tips in mind: thank you.
Also:

do you breathe in through your nose or your mouth?

You can, you just won't be that good at it.

Swimming is beautiful.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9jAD1ofm4
Either way I'm not sure what to say about your nose problem, I look down and obviously immediately bend my arms slightly when they get out of the water when swimming freestyle.
I never breathe with my nose, only mouth.
Not sure what to say otherwise, I've never had a nose problem.

I can only do breast strokes. Still worth going swimming?

Yes, I don't especially go swimming for my body but more for my mental health as weird as that sounds.
There's nothing better than going to your pool during winter and taking a few laps, taking a shower and then driving to your grandmas in the snow for a holiday related dinner meeting your family.
Everything feels okay for a second.

>do you breathe in through your nose or your mouth?
In through the mouth, out through the nose (and mouth). Trying to find a basic technique vid but they're all a bit advanced.
youtube.com/watch?v=5UGSLcMxqSA