Do "X Push-ups a day" challenges work?

Do "X Push-ups a day" challenges work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TlQ8txalLYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you mean “do they work”? If you do X amount a day, then you’ve completed the challenge of doing X amount of day.

As long as you aren't doing pushups to failure yes that will have benefits

what do you mean?

Doing them is always better than NOT doing them.

Even if it does not work exactly like the click-bait youtube videos, you will be making improvements. Give it a go and do 100 a day and see how it goes

Well i am fucking twink right now so it can only become better right?

Bump for tomorrow

Do like 10 to 20 for every hour you're awake every day. It's easy and it works ok

roll

Yeah, like the other user said, any amount of work out is better than no amount

This is now a push up thread
Roll

roll

roll

Nothing works unless you do!!

roll

roll

Roll

'to failure' = 'until you physically can't do more and fall flat on your face'

Roll

It's better than nothing, but it's a total meme for people who aren't ready to commit to a lifting program. But sometimes people need to do a stupid meme challenge to test the waters before they're ready to commit to something, I did. So have at it, and when you're done and have no idea what to do next, we'll be here.

Just did a noob 100 pushups a day for a month challenge. Came out with about 5 more pushups max in a set (from 25 to 30) and a very tiny amount of visible chest gains.
The most important thing though is my form is tons better than it was.

rolling

Do you do all your sets at the same time or space them throughout the day? For example I can do up to 3 sets of 20 but only up to 15 on my fourth set and 10 on my fifth. This is when I give myself 45 second rest time between sets

Arent you supposed to wait like 48h every time so your muscles actually grow?

Why would doing push-ups till failure not be good?

You gain muscle and endurance by reaching a set level of fatigue. As you get stronger, the amount of force needed to reach fatigue rises. You will quickly notice very diminishing returns.

It just requires more time to recover from. So if you're doing push ups every day, and pushups is all you're doing, you want to only do so many, so that you're fresh to do more the next day.
But if you have a more complex program where you're doing multiple exercises with a few days between repeating an exercise, training to failure isn't a big deal, and is sometimes a requirement of the program.

Roll

rolling

Is it bad to workout if you aren't fully recovered? For example I'm still sore from doing curls yesterday. If I do curls today even though I'm still sore will it subtract from my gains?

you won't be able to do as many curls as yesterday. it probably won't take away your gains but you won't be able to make as much gains if you just waited a day to recover.
muscles are built in the rest periods anyways.

Roll

rollin

Better general conditioning, sure. Probably won't do much in terms of muscle growth.

roll

sure

roll

roll

roll

lucky bastard

roll

Rolling...

Roll baby roll

>youtube.com/watch?v=TlQ8txalLYg
See for you'are self

rollllllll