R8 H8 Appreci8

R8 H8 Appreci8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz9JqCxDsTA&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whoops. Gif got cut off. I did this for 20 reps. Why Veeky Forums gotta be so shit??

mirin calves

>bands to help you lift the weight

Why not just take weight off the bar if it’s too heavy?

what's the point of the bands
just dl normally are you really that weak at the top that you need band work?

>Imploing

Not OP, but elastic bands aren't linear. They exert the most force and help you the most towards the bottom. Maybe he struggles with form at that point.

Just removing weights would not be equivalent.

I literally said that
>are you really that weak at the top that you need band work?

That makes sense.
Thanks

He might well be.

Even if he's not, there's no real disadvantage to doing reverse bands some of the time. Accommodating resistance is good for overall strength and size because it allows you to smooth out the strength curve on the lift.

band work is not great for dl unless you have trouble locking out, which is not the case for 90% of people
most people have trouble at the bottom up to around 2 inches up, after that the lift is pretty much guaranteed
don't really know a setup to make bands harder at the bottom and easier at the top, but if I did I would use them a lot, its use is really niche

You're thinking about this like a powerlifter. Of course there's no need to work lockout or midrange for a max deadlift so long as those are stronger than what you can break off the floor.

If you're not a powerlifter and the goal is to develop either size or general strength, then tweaking the movement to be equally hard the whole way through can be beneficial. It avoids the problem you're describing where two thirds of the damn movement is a formality.

If that's the case then bands are especially not needed. Making the lift equally hard the whole way through would be to not use bands at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz9JqCxDsTA&feature=youtu.be

full version

Equally hard in terms of effort and strain on the muscles, not weight.

I don't really see us agreeing on anything here... but if you're doing dl for general strength, it would make sense to work on your weakness, not handicap it to make everything even. So unless OP is weak at the top, bands are kinda pointless the way he's using it. Now if you did Westside barbell style that would be a different story since they do speed work with bands and work on explosive power.

you said 20 reps. i count 5 and a half.

I can pinpoint the exact frame in which your purchased your one-way ticket to Snap City

That's why I stopped. btw it wasnt that bad you formfagg
It got cut off too m8 i swear

Again, you're still looking at this through the lens of 'improving the deadlift' rather than 'using the deadlift to improve other stuff'. The deadlift is the means, not the end.

Also you almost never do speed work with reverse bands, it fucks with the goal too much.

>rate my form
>>not great
>wow fucking formfag
Lel have fun with your hernias

Form is fine, nigger.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. If you are very weak on a lift, a particular part, that means you have a general weakness at that particular contraction of your muscles. Why would you want a muscle to be much stronger at a particular contraction vs having it equally strong throughout the entire thing? I'm not talking about just deadlift I'm talking about in general.

And I was talking about using bands normally for Westside barbell style, not reverse.

>back rounds in the slightest
>HAHA SNAP CITY LOL
honestly people like you are usually the weakest, both of body and mind. I bet you watch elgintensity and actually take that shit seriously. bacj rounding is fine as long as it's not too much and your spinal Erectors aren't fucking weak. Btw what's your deadlift? Post a side view vid to show your perfectly straight back.

Was meant for

THIS

Equally strong does not mean moving equal weight at all points, because leverages fucking matter.

Wrong