Everywhere I look online I see the daily intake of protein for a male adult is suppose to be around 50g per day

Everywhere I look online I see the daily intake of protein for a male adult is suppose to be around 50g per day.

Yet when I use the calculator in the sticky tdeecalculator.net it tells me I need 190g of protein per day (on a 30/35/35 macro)

What should I trust? Is it just a trick to make common people protein-malnourished?

I'm new here, pls be gentle

Well, daily intake will differ based on the goal of each individual. Yes, 50g will be enough for a normal person with a sedentary lifestyle but someone who is trying to gain muscle mass will require a lot more, such as yourself.

t. Dietitian

Based Milkiesposter

gibsmedat advice and you get more

There is how much a human male requires and how much a human male bodybuilder requires.
And average male requires about 50g of protein per day. However, if you're in physical training then you take your weight and use that number as grams of protein.

I.e.
-Weigh 200 pounds.
Must have 200 g of protein per day.

If you're dyel then 0.8g/kg, as you progress you can gradually increase up to 1.2g/kg. Above that more protein doesn't help muscle growth.

Also
>mommyy gib milkiesssssssss

So 50g is more a muscle 'maintenance' intake?

Not trying to steal free advice off you but would you say that site tdeecalculator.net is accurate then? If not, do you or anyone else here know of a better online calculator?

Lean body mass, not overall mass.
Else a 400lbs fat as fatass needs 400g of protein.

>falling for the protein meme

50g is arbitrary and differs based on each individual. A ‘maintenance’ diet would follow the rules of 45% - 65% Carbohydrates, 10% - 35% Fat, and 20% to 35% Protein.

And no, most online macronutrient generators aren’t accurate because they don’t take into consideration other factors such as how active your lifestyle is, etc. How much do you weight? I’m guessing 190 lbs. since most online calculators do the g/lbs rule.

>How much do you weight? I’m guessing 190 lbs.
Actually weigh 67kg (148lbs) at 170cm, 13%bf 21y/o

Eat between a range of 111g - 170g protein.

thanks, I appreciate it.

I'll aim high on that range because I'm a fairly active Electrician

>as promised to other posters
>source pic is Sophia Phalen

>muscle 'maintenance' intake?

the average man does not have a lot of muscle, depending on genetics, when you lift regularly you put on more muscle than you would have naturally if all you did was walk around and occasionally move things around. the more muscle you have, the more protein needed to build and maintain it. the 50g figure is based on an average male who doesn't lift and isn't very active generally, which is 90% of the population.

Get just enough protein to maintain a positive nitrogen balance. This is the state where your body builds muscle instead of breaking it down. You would need 0.65-0.8g of protein per lb every day.

don't do protein as a percent of macros, because you will overestimate you're needs while bulking and underestimate them while cutting. Just 1g per pound lean body mass (ie not fat). 50g is fine for people not strength training, you won't die of a protein deficiency but you obviously need to eat more to fuel muscle growth.

more than 1g per pound is a meme and there is no evidence it will improve gains.

MOMMY

I know everybody says max protein, but I don't really buy it. I mean, once you're putting out those heinous whey farts you're obviously consuming me protein than your body can assimilate.

What is a good macro nutrient split for getting cut while working out

50g is the requirement to maintain normal body functions and repair. The average male can gain 2 lbs of muscle in the first month assuming perfect diet/rest/exercise with it lowering by 5% every month.

A lb of muscle is 700 calories (175g protein, 279g water). Building a pound of muscle requires 2500 calories. Doing the math, that means you need 5000 calories to build two pounds of muscle, or a surplus of 166 calories per day of protein. 166 / 4 calories per g of protein = 42g of protein.

The average 150 lb male would need 90-100g minimum to grow optimal muscle mass, or roughly 0.64g protein per pound.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

>Look-y there, a study showed that people eating more than 0.64g of protein didn't gain more muscle.

Because not all protein sources contain all essential amino acids, the recommendation is 0.82, a generous markup to guarantee enough. There is no downside to eating more, but there's no point in doing so either unless purely out of preference.

Huge amounts of protein, like 1g-1.5g, or sommetimes even 2g, is just a meme to sell powders.

>Not trying to steal free advice off you
that's what Veeky Forums's for, famalam.

OP this is what you get for using pictures of hot chicks to lure people inside your thread. You get a bunch of people spewing stupid shit without giving any advice, which is also what I'm doing right now

If you are lifting its your weight in lbs= g's of protein.

I weigh 185lbs so I require 185g's of protein.

well a 400lbs landwhale wouldnt be in physical training would he

Sophia Phalen is perfect

>0.8g/kg
isn't it supposed to be per pound though?