Boy lifts* 98KG dies

couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/boy-dies-after-horrific-incident-at-pcyc-gym-north-of-brisbane/news-story/5d3d8f29b0ba4290e08e41c85c478e0d

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ROPRTf6W47s
youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

natural selection

safety chains and neckguards are there for a reason if you don't want a spotter

Looks like he has been bullied.

Is this the same retard from the other day?

False flag. The media is shilling against bodylifting as its an activity regularly participated by people with right wing beliefs. Fake news. Sage

Now that's a deadlift!

Godammit Estaban

fucking kek! jesus that caught me off guard.

Poor kid, he was retarded. But didn't deserve to die, we all had scary accidents before and survived.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

how did that twink faggot even unrack 100kg lmao

No sympathy for people who intentionally do stupid shit and get themselves killed.

youtube.com/watch?v=ROPRTf6W47s

This guy didn't deserve to die either. I guess you had really bad parenting or you have aspergers.

>aspergers
Everytime I see or gear that word, I think of asparagus.

Nice

Really not that funny

no wonder he suffocated, looks like he forgot to take the neckpill

Nice to see a fellow autist posting :^)

article says a guy found him just laying there, after the bar had been on his neck for >30 minutes

imagine dying like that, slowly losing the fight to keep the bar off your neck, muscles failing as you get more and more scared.

he didn't, they reporter added the 0

Had to be using the smith machine, right?

What happens when your ego overtakes common sense. I'm DYEL as fuck at least I know to not go anywhere near 2 plates without a trust spotter

I have a home gym and this is my biggest fear, although I've learned to roll the bar to get out of the pin of death, everyone who lifts should know how to roll the bar instead of dying.

I always stop if I think on the next rep my muscles are gonna give out

itt: DYELs that wouldn't have anybody posting on facebook how much they loved you if they died

>bar was on his neck
Either he didn't bench correctly
Or he did not know/do the roll of shame
youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk

Once you're benching above 250 pounds or so, couldn't you break ribs or damage internal organs doing that?

Most of the damage comes from the bar crashing down. Which it doesn't when rolling.

How was the bar balancing on his neck ? 98kg dropped on your neck shouldn't kill you

this

Watch as they try to push the blame on the fact there were no staff members around at the time.

He was using the smith machine, wouldn't have happened if it wasn't a faggot gym with smith machines.

i failed a rep at 315lbs
i was the only one in the gym
i pretty much just slowly lowered down onto my chest and stood up

why the fuck is a DYEL 15 year old benching 98KG. Holy shit

He forgot to leave the ego at the door.

>mfw I once had to do the roll of shame using only a 12kg bar

Retarded "fitness" culture that places emphasis on numbers, appearances and a false facade in place of real progress and fitness. No doubt this kid was all about supplements too.

Trying for 2pl8 at 15, I mean seriously. Would bet that his max would be around 60 at best

LOL BTFO FAGGOT, should've focused on squats first to develop some hip drive

It was pretty funny fuck you.

>bar was on his throat for half an hour
What?

Kiddos looking for their inflated e-stats don't realize that a smith machine is literally a guillotine if you don't put the safeties on.

>I don't understand why the staff weren't around
for fucks sake gyms are mostly self-run by the patrons since we all take the weights out and put them back. gyms are pretty low staffed when PTs arent there and theyre going to be at the desk and entrance. sorry the poor girl manning the desk didnt know about the kid ego lifting all the way across the gym

its a tragedy someone this young made one mistake lifting without knowing any better and died over it but come on. staff shouldnt be expected to walk around every 10 minutes to make sure someone didnt kill themselves on a press

probably saw some chad on his team do it and thought it was easy so he went for it. noobs and kids dont understand how much weight plates really are.

>its a tragedy someone this young made one mistake
gunna call me edgy but i have no problem with darwinism

Or you can just get a rack and bench in there

Sounds like a smith machine. Gives a false sense of security. Dumbbells are for newbs flying solo.

Nah dude, teens do loadsa stupid stuff undeveloped brains, loadsa test, undeveloped personalities making them more likely to be affected by peer pressure.

the whole country knows about his failed rep

>couldn't you break ribs or damage internal organs doing that?
I've rolled 330lbs like that at two times, 315 three more, due to me being a greedy faggot on a good day and trying to double and triple my 1RM.

Nothing happened, other than having an unplanned zercher squat.

>Dumb fuck decides to lift 30kg more than his bodyweight
>Probably gonna end up with new bullshit regulations in gyms so that retards can no longer kill themselves

I once got stuck under a barbell, but some old dude saved me.

I haven't benched outside of the squat rack since then.

Not enough space for rack, I use shitty foldable bench and free stands

dude I get anxiety just thinking about that, his adrenaline and anxiety must've been unreal..

what a shitty way to go man unbelievable

some say that on a still night in the halls of the gymnasium the wind still whispers
> LIGHT WEIGHT BABYY

fuck that even hurt to see

Incoming ban on lifting in Bongistan

God damn, dying young after sculpting out a great bod.

My sides

Doing a backflip from running with SOCKS on, deserves to die. Thats stupid as fuck, you have much less friction between your feet and the floor with socks on.

Really you think 98kg dropping on your neck won't snap your shit up?

Carlos you cunt!

that is true but at least I am not a dyel

pause bench is supposed to be for a few seconds, not for 30 minutes

Could he have not slid off? What a shit way to die

He must have passed out. Any normal bean would have guided it to his chest or started tilting it to get out once pinned. Or you know, screamed for help.

apparently it was on a smith machine

Kids acting edgy isn't darwinism. It's just a tragedy that no one cared enough to teach them better.

Oh fuck you

shit guys I usually lift alone

I have had to do the roll of shame several times now, but from now on I will bench in the squat rack and fuck all the haters

>“It’s with an absolute heavy heart that yesterday we lost one of our team mates, one of our friends, who passed away peacefully in hospital surrounded by his loved ones,” the club said via social media.
>Heavy heart

K'now ya limits, aussie.

>Australia
>Bongistan

American education, everybody

Oh wow I laughed but thanks now I know.

You kids need to stop with the memes and pretending like there's zero risk involved in weightlifting. Lifting heavy weights IS dangerous.

Especially something like a deadlift where you can lift absurd weight even when you're small.

I could lift 300lb deadlifting just after starting lifting, and it was fucking stupid to do so. None of you retards warned of the dangers.

This shit is supposed to make people healthy.

Ass-burgers?

THIS. FUKKEN THIS.

Dumb people deserve to take full responsibility of their stupidity, e.g. die. So fucking let them die, if they are stupid enough.

With that hair he should have stuck with the Smiths machine

>dumb people
>following advice from a fitness forum

ok. sure, this kid deserved to die because he tried to work out too hard.

nice opinion man real inspiring.

People have different definitions of certain phenomeno. My definition of stupidity is not knowing when you are beaten and before some retardinho ask about this - yes, there are impossible situations, that you cannot possibly change no matter what. Another definition of stupidity is not learning from others' mistakes and making your own. I am not an inspiring man, I am a bad man and I have my own team of idiots, who do all the stupid shit I suggest. I have never harmed or injured myself, but I have plenty of acquaintances, who had done stupid shit to themselves, because I dared them to try. Well, not my fault they went for this. It is also not my fault some dumbass decided to do mustard gas in his kitchen, when /b/ told him he would get colourful crystals. Long story short, not being able to fully comprehend situation you are in is your fault and only your.

Sounds like you're just retarded. Sorry man

This looks like a concussion at most, his body was weak

I hope you suffer an injury that brings you some enlightenment, but not too serious that you can't recover.

>I have never harmed or injured myself, but I have plenty of acquaintances, who had done stupid shit to themselves, because I dared them to try

cringed at your post. I think you're trying to be manly or something but you just sound like an asshole desu.

He probably unracked the weight and it dropped right on his fucking neck seeing how tiny he is. There was no chance to scream, too weak and akward of a position for him to try and dip the weight one way or another.

Lol thanks dude. Hope you actually start lifting so you can participate in more threads.

Because I fucking am, I have already typed it in a post you quoted, blindfuck. I am a bad person, at least I have guts to be open about this.

Wow, this is so cringey it hurta. It's like you think your sounding alpha but you just aound like a beta with a chip on his shoulder.

Been lifting a little while now but my progress was hindered because of the terrible advice on this board. So thanks for the memes guy.

Ok.

CARRRRRLLLLOOSSSSSS

that's fucking terrible. the part about the dad finding his boy like that is just heart wrenching. imagine choking under a bar with no one around to help. then your dad of all people to find your corpse on the bench. just sickening.
lesson to take away from this is if you are a twink don't lift heavy without a spot or at least without people around. and for dad's teaching their kids to lift, make sure they know how to use common sense safety measures like not putting the pins and how to fail safely via the roll of shame

Shouldve said kangarooLand.

maybe newbies should practice failing

>like
exactly, like
So, fucking stop projecting, I never said I was alpha, I just feel ok with myself making dumbfucks hurt themselves. It kind of feels as if darwinism was actually working, get the dumb genes out of the pool. Just before you spit out another moronic projection - I don't plan progeny, so don't count me in some kind of universal plans for human beings.

>but my progress was hindered because of the terrible advice on this board
>None of you retards warned of the dangers
Yea it was never your fault or anything. It's just of the memes that you were retarded.

wait, he died benching in a smith machine?

doesn't a smith machine have a safety pin that you can adjust just a bit below your chest so you can safely fail the bench?

He died never making it to 2plates. Just imagine that

>I just feel ok with myself making dumbfucks hurt themselves
Maybe you're an asshole and you feel guilty for hurting people, but you don't have the courage to be a better guy.

I lifted with good form exactly as my program specified.

STILL GOT HURT because I was lifting hundreds of pounds and it's inherently dangerous.

It is not me, who hurts them, it is them, I just give them ideas. I don't even encourage them, but I like watching the whole process, the slow realisation, that little thought appearing out of nowhere "I fucked up, there is no coming back". This is what drives me.