runnersworld.co.uk/health/the-rw-complete-guide-to-stretching-for-runners

>running injuries and how to treat them
runnersconnect.net/running-injuries/

>How to Buy the Right Running Shoes
archive.is/VGoxG

>running form
youtube.com/watch?v=e7m205ZIxBE

>Sprint Training Advice
>A number of current and former professionals and coaches have posted in this thread. Read it thoroughly.
letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4995196

>pain
mensrunninguk.co.uk/top-feature/push-through-the-pain/

How far have you run this week?
What are you working on?
How was your last run?
Any new gear that you've been enjoying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e7m205ZIxBE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LSD today! Thinking about which route to take and trying out some gels.

I ran from a ice addict chasing me with a hose so I think I did my workout for a week

Long day was Friday, but slow day was today. Nice lazy 16k. Just drifting along, clearing my mind. So glad the heat has dropped. Autumn is in the air finally.

This guy roids

Is there any legit supplement for joints /ligament health and for general injury prevention ?
Is there anything that is worth taking in high dose ?
Would I really benefit from more than 80g protein ?

Source?

Some say fish oil, others glucosamine and some will say do more strength work to improve it. Find out what works for you.
80g is bullshit low man. Eat some damn food

Recently started running and slowly increasing distance.

Today is 10K day.

I dunno! have a picture.

>GOTTA GO FAST!!!

who /HIIT/ here

ldr fags need not reply

Friendly reminder.

"ldr fags" do HIIT all the time. They are literally called "intervals". However, HIITfags rarely ever do distance dedpjte the recovery benefits it provides for them. Hmmmm....

Did my 10K. Felt good, brahs.

Need to get back to the weights but running has been keeping me Veeky Forums while I've been out of the gym.

Can i go somewhat long distances with fast pace?

Time? Bout to go to 10k as well

>Been training for 5 months
>did 1 mile yesterday for first time since training to measure improvement
> 7:45 mile time down to 6:45
I'm a bit disappointed in the results. How do I into running shorter distances faster?

>pain behind this spot so I can't touch it
>only hurts when I lift my knee
>can squat etc just fine
>hurts to run except when I run on my toes

What's going on here?

To add: It's not muscle-pain. It feels inflammatory.

Yes. They're called "tempo runs".

Recovery week from marathon last Saturday.

isn't it dangerous to take psychedelics before you run lmao

Isn't HIIT just intervals? Every runner does interval training

it means stop running on your toes, you might be using your calves too much when you run

>weekly long run of 21 km or more
>done this a million times
>was about to fucking die in pace 5:00

Not sure what the fuck was up. After I got home I took an electrolyte tab (Hydro tab) and suddenly I feel like I could run 21 again. Is this really a thing?

>Recently
>10K day
Bullshit. When exactly is "recently"?

My bad, I don't usually run on my toes, but I did some testing to try and find out what kind of injury it is, and I found that running on my toes doesn't aggravate it.

I haven't ran since high school track. How the fuck do I get back into it? I get back into it for a day to a week and then I just take one day off, which turns into two, which turns into another month.

Get yourself a running club or partner.

oh my bad, I read that wrong, but i still think the issue is that you are using your calves too much

400/800m repeats, x8 reps per session with a minute or two break between repeat. Gradually reduce the break until you can run two back to back.

I don't see why he'd want to do them back to back. He should just run them at mile pace with two minute rest, then time trial every once in a while to keep his pace commensurate with his mile time. Going back to back just changes it back into an endurance workout.

Yeah, fuck those long distance fags with their speed drills such as hill sprints and 800m repeats!

I have a problem with running, naybe someone here could help me with it:
After about 5-7 km my feet feel like the would be a knife sticking in the ankle.
>inb4 loose weight
That is not realy a option for me, since im already down to 55kg...

I can do at least 10-15 km with no other problems (I donĀ“t run longer since my feet kill me) since my cardiovascular system is strong from biking (sometimes over 100 km @ 30 km/h average)

It sounds like you are not wearing proper shoes. I had a similar problem when I used Nike's FS Lite because

>they make you faster xd

Im running a half-marathon on Oct 15th and need tips on what to bring for the actual race, also running 7miles tomorrow and on off days of lifting. If I do a full-body routine and run on my off days is that fine?

I only have the cheap running shoes from Decathlon and I was thinking they would be sufficient.

>tips on what to bring for the actual race
Music player, earbuds, car keys and a towel. End. You don't need anything else. Assuming you're not a skelebro gels aren't recommended as long as you eat well and hydrate frequently.

The half marathon is pretty soon, are you sure you trained enough?

>If I do a full-body routine and run on my off days is that fine?
How many miles per week? How long have you bee running?

Running shoes might be "expensive" compared to regular show but don't be a cheapo. Remember people fuck up they feet and legs because of crappy shoes.
Also, check your form
>>youtube.com/watch?v=e7m205ZIxBE

I m sure I can make it but I'm not sure about the time, 3 miles is really easy to me now and I normally run 5 just bumping to 7mi until the race