QTDDTOT

Ironside edn.

Do any Veeky Forumsizens here keep a journal? What are your experiences with this? Not like a food diary or workout tracker. I mean actual personal written accounts of your fitness journey. Im thinking of getting into it.

Other urls found in this thread:

hundredpushups.com/
youtu.be/p_BziofTab8
youtube.com/watch?v=IODxDxX7oi4&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are regular pull ups THAT much more effective than chin ups? (underhand grip) - in terms of back development

Yes, because they don't involve the bicep as much

Is the close-grip bench press a good exercise for bigger Arms?

In a way yes I suppose as this variation works the triceps more. But do other exercises for your arms too. Isolation like tricep push downs, tricep extensions and regular dips

Where does Veeky Forums buy vitamins? My daily multi is starting to run out. I usually just get store-brand because I'm cheap, but I figured I'd see if there was a site/brand you guys recommend.

Reposting because i got no replies yesterday.
I started my cut on the 17th, i don't have a scale at home so i don't weight myself everyday, weight and dates are:
19 - 73.7Kg
22 - 73.1Kg
25 - 73.3Kg (probably water retention)
30 - 72.8Kg
Is it too slow or is it good for first cut?

I've read that losing anything under 2 pounds per week is perfectly fine and acceptable in terms of preserving muscle. That's what I go by.

Unless you're really overweight, in which case you can afford to lose more than 2 pounds per week

Also use your lifts as indicators of how fast to cut. Losing a lot of strength? Slow the cut down. Maintaining or even improving lifts? Can afford to eat at a slightly bigger deficit.

Make sure to just always hit your protein goals

I've read and other places that I can hit my arms 3 times a week for a growth if they are lagging in size. I'm doing and upper/lower so I already train them twice a week though. What day should I do the 3rd time? Was thinking the day after my last lower day.

How about personal written accounts of your journey to being the person you want to be?

I have a journal, I wish I kept it

Lost a few reps on OHP, preacher curls ( maybe was an off day), pull ups, gained 2 reps on bench somehow.

I work a pretty physical job and drink 64oz water an hour, but I only pee like once a day. It's clearish though. Am I just sweating it out or should I be worried?

Yes exactly, not just fitness related I suppose. Does it eventually become a chore to keep up with? Think you'll start again?

yeah, pretty quickly, but sorting yourself is always work, innit

Too true desu

Tbh* damn autocorrelation thing

What 5/3/1 template should I do on a cut?

Is the '45lbs' on the 5x5 app supposed to be just the bar or the weight added? no way I can start OHP on 20kg

I'm getting bored of starting strength since I've been lifting for over a month now and want to know what routines you'd recommend me move up to
The problem with starting strength for me is the lack of variety in exercises. There are only 3 different exercises per day and I'd like more.
What are some 3 day routines that build muscle the fastest
My favorite muscle group to work is shoulders and I prioritize building broad shoulders over other muscle groups if that matters.

I had been doing push-ups until failure daily for around 1.5 months. I started at 0 push-ups and after I could do 15. 2 months have passed since then and i can't do anymore than 18 even though i still do push-ups daily. I tried switching to sets of 10 until failure over the last month but still no changes to max push-ups in one set. I cant't do anymore than 2 sets of 10 then 7-8 push-ups until i collapse either. I want to fucking scream please help. I am 195cm/6'4 and 75kg.

You must fully master Hazuki style if you want to avenge your father...

If i incorporate diddleys into my routine will my squat go up
Stuck at lmao3pl8

Don't listen to . Hammer-grip, thumb-less, full ROM chins will work your back better than any other pull.

If you can do dips without shoulder issues, do them instead. There's less chest activation and they hit every head of your tricep as apposed to CGP. If you can't dip, watch Rippletit's video on lying tricep extensions.

Multis are a meme, but whatever daily one you can find at the store that fits your age range is fine. Don't go wasting your money on Animal Pak or some shit. We aren't athletes and you'll just piss out the excess anyways.

Just the bar. Don't do 5x5, though. It's just a shitty version of SS, which you also shouldn't do. Do Veeky Forums's version of Greyskull instead.

See . You can swap out curls from Greyskull with another shoulder exercise or you can add a couple more accessory/isolation exercises if you want. Strength training is for powerlifters. Yes, you should absolutely build a strong base, but you can do that without doing the same boring 3 exercises over and over again, especially if you're a noob. If your compound lifts start slowing down or stalling abruptly, just back off the accessory work.

hundredpushups.com/

Are you isolating your abs before or during squat days? Do you do an accessory work? Why haven't you been deadlifting right along?

It's only been 11 days. Give it another month and if you havent cut down at least a pound (weigh yourself in the morning, after you have excremented) then you need to readjust

Sweat

I'm a small handed griplet with terrible dead lift proportions
And no I'm not isolating anything I just get in there and do squats our front squats

I will try hundredpushups.com but still, surely after doing push-ups until failure fucking daily I should be seeing an increase in push-ups? I'm not being a pussy either, my arms literally give out beneath me when i stop.

Could a knot/tight muscle in my mid-to-upper trap/rhomboid be causing me to have a sort of pain in my shoulder? I don't even know if I could call it pain, so much as it feels like my shoulder structure is half asleep at all times. Sleepy bone syndrome or something. But I also feel really tight in a particular area in my trap that no amount of foam rolling or rolling around on a lacrosse ball seems to fix.

break up your pushups into short and easy sets of five during the day aiming for like 150 total daily reps at first, once you easily can do that make it sets of 10 (still never to failure) and 200 total reps and so on.

>until failure fucking daily
too much of a good thing is still too much

What does a calisthenics-only body look like?

what is Veeky Forums's greyskull?

dont do it, was made by a drooling retard. do standard greyskull (the book is easy to find online) and add the arms plugin

How do you tell when your hips are too wide to ever look good?

by arms plugin you mean do curls?

and chins, but yes

if i do this same routine but just alternate squatting and deadlifting so i'm doing both 1.5x times a week for the first few months am i gonna make it? fucking hate squats

add it to the full program though (re: book) not the pic I linked

no. that many deadlift amraps will fuck you up and diddly volume is low for a reason anyway. front squat on friday if you hate back squatting.

thanks for answering my questions

what should my deadlift warmups look like if i'm lifting 100kg for my work set?

found the one I meant, front squats on friday and curlz for the gurlz

dunno, I usually wing my warmups by feel but something like 6 reps @1pl8, then 5 reps each @70kg and 80kg and 3 reps @ 90kg or so, then rest 3-5min. as needed and amrap that nigger until form breakdown (not muscular failure).

What are some good, healthy calorie-dense foods that I can incorporate into my diet? I already eat a lot of peanut butter, but I keep stalling at around 2200-2300 daily, and I haven’t been gaining weight. I know I can eat shit foods like donuts or chips, but I’m really trying to stay on a fairly clean diet.

- At what weight should I start wearing a belt ?

How can I hit my arms 3 times a week if I do an upper lower split?

I'm already a few months into 5x5.

Any reason to switch to Greyskull? It's another beginner one so I'm not sure there's much point doing it afterwards either.

way longer linear progression, depending on template better aesthetics, built in conditioning if done in book version. besides that, eh, nah. look into his powerbuilding book though if you need variation once you max out 5x5 and dont necessarily want to compete in strength sports later

its arguably better because it was literally made by an ex rippetoe lapdog who tried to amend SS shortcomings

none they're all shitty

How much should I eat for a bulk if I'm a 6 foot man at 170 pounds?

I would say around 2500 calories, maybe 2700

I just can't get comfortable doing a high bar squat is there any disadvantage to switching to low bar?

My fingers are too short to hook grip around a barbell when deadlifting. Is it acceptable to use straps in that instances to keep doubleoverhanding ? I'm at the point where grip lets me down and it slips out my hand now but hook doesn't seem to work cos babby hands. I'm worried about imbalances/bicep tears I've heard of from mixed grip.

While we’re talking about bulks, I’d like an opinion on how much I should eat if I’m 6’04” and 190 pounds. Most TDEE calculators are inconsistent and throw off the number with “activity level” bullshit

>I just can't get comfortable doing a high bar squat
get bigger traps
>is there any disadvantage to switching to low bar?
none in particular if you have no glaring mobility issues

I weigh like 5 lbs less and have to eat 3000+ to consistently gain weight, it sucks.

>get bigger traps
No that's not what I meant, I mean if I'm going high bar it becomes a very awkward movement when I'm getting back up

unironically post hands kek
but yes straps are fine

always choose sedentary and adjust while watching rate of weight change (or lack thereof)

was shitposting, but yes lowbar is fine if your problem with highbar does not have deeper roots in your mobility or form anyway

So I posted about my poor squat form in the previous thread, and I was told to strengthen my abs and activate my core but how exactly do I do that? What are the cues?

Also is front squatting less taxing on the lower back?

youtu.be/p_BziofTab8

try squating without weights and watch yourself in the mirror

eat carbs, lots of carbs.

From day to day, why do I find MASSIVE variation in the difficulty of my kegels?

Run then eat or vice versa?

This is for weight loss purposes.

you can try super setting them with Incline PU and Table PU

If your results are getting worse than recently you might be overtraining a little bit.
youtube.com/watch?v=IODxDxX7oi4&t=2s

"healthy food" is a meme. As long as ypu are avoiding trans fat and processed food just hit your macros. When all else fails eat rice. Fuck I love rice.

weight loss wise it's up to you whatever feels better. total calories burned and hence weight loss will be the same either way

with every upper and as a much shorter standalone workout the day after second lower

Just came off a cut and holy shit it feels really fucking weird. I ate 2500 and actually still lost weight. Gonna increase it to 3000 for this week and see what happens.

how the mother fuck are my legs so tired? I barely did anything this week besides work (usually walking 5-7 mi a day). Only exercise I got done was running on monday.

Do I need BCAA's or some shit? The fuck is going on

I think he means this one, which doesn't look bad

I want to buy an ab wheel, any recommendations or are they all basically the same?

Did you do maintenance for anytime between your cut and bulk? You need to have a balance period before swapping.

my lower back is constantly sore to the point where I cant even DL heavy anymore because I cant get a tight core. on squats I need a belt to hold my body together. I dont get it I basically only do heavy squats and rows atm for the lower back and it never recovers... or could this be something else ?

I'm going to start doing leg press tomorrow having never done it before. What weight should I aim for if my squat is 115 kg x 5 and my deadlift is 125 kg x 5?

Your lower back should never be sore. Even low back intensive exercises such as deadlifts, squats and bent-over row shouldn't make your low back sore. This is because of the fact that when the lumbar spine is kept neutral, it's actually the thoracic (upper) part of your erectors that work hardest to maintain your position. In other words, if your low back is sore, you're doing your exercises wrong.

Of course it's also possible that your low back isn't "sore" as in DOMS, but it's in pain. An aching low back could also be due to poor lifting form, but it could also be a million other things causing it.

no phraks is fine, there is a Veeky Forums branded version that was made by someone who never lifted more than his asscheek to fart (and also used pics of his best friend to pretend being a transsexual online but thats another story)

Pick a light weight, hit some reps. Add weight, hit some reps. If still feels light, add weight, hit some reps. Keep doing this until it feels about right.
Very, very simple stuff.

I have one for 14bucks from amazon and it lasted longer than my car. of course pricier models have advantages that could be cool or useful, but just for the average fitizen any should be gucci

Hey guys, I want to start ss but I dont know what weight i should be doing for the reps post warm up. What is a good guide to determine how much I should be doing?

these issues only showed up after I started my new job and now spend a lot of time in the car until I get a new apartment. together with sitting at my job I think it fucks me up.

the problem is I just dont know how to fix it and even if I have a week off it only gets slightly better before I have to sit a lot again. I am so frustrated because I literally cant make any progress on DL or Squats like this...

I'm in Phase 3 of SS.
Rip says I can use Wednesday as a light squat day, can I instead do Front Squats?

They'll be at a much lighter weight anyway, and surely would help with Power Cleans.

Actually read the SS preamble before starting it.

Always start with the bar only. After you feel you have a good understanding of the movement start increasing your weight every session until you fail a set.

Should i tense my abs/stomach muscles when i do crunches?

Does it make a difference if I do my exercises in 5x5 sets or 3x12 sets? I usually do 3x12 but my friend told me that 5x5 is way better for gains.
I'm confused

Classic situation. Pretty much the only thing you can do is make a point to take breaks from sitting while you're at work. An adjustable or even a standing desk would be ideal, but if that's not an option, try to take small breaks. Get out of your chair, stretch your legs. Get some water. Move.

Maybe you can get a chair that allows you to sit in different positions?

Front squats on light day is fine.

Literally impossible not to do, you buffoon.

5 sets is a more powerful stimulus than 3 sets, which can be good or bad.
5 reps is a higher intensity than 12 reps, which can be good or bad.

If your main goal is to grow muscle, you need to accumulate a lot of volume (total work done). This is easiest to do with a lower intensity i.e. higher reps, because low reps are tough on joints and your nervous system if you try to do a ton of sets.
If your goal is to build maximal strength, you need to do work at a high intensity, but then you can't do as much work.

If you're a rank beginner it doesn't matter one bit. Just do something and strive to do better next session.

Don't know if this is Veeky Forums related
I'm slowly getting bigger and some people have already commented and complimented me, which feels great. But I have had acne (not that severe) all my life on my arms and back and I don't know how to get rid of it, have tried anti-bacterial soap but it doesn't really do the trick. And I feel like the creatine is making it worse
Any tips on how to stop being a skinlet?

Could be eczema. Make an appointment with a dermatologist.

is there any benefit to throwing the dumbbell into the air and catching it in a curling motion or should i just do normal curls?

I will look into getting a better chair/desk and moving more.

anything else I could do ? I started foam rolling and it seems to help a bit I would say especially with the tight spots in my upper back. but my lower back is still a mess. yoga maybe ?

if the dumbbells are heavy enough that would be an effective way to tear your biceps. so if you dont like your current insertions you could look into that

entertainment value

Is it possible to reduce fat while bulking?

I'm 1.80 (5'11'') and I've been eating quite a lot and doing SS for the last 5 months, going from 59kg (130lbs) to 70kg (154lbs) so far. The problem is I have a lot of fat around my belly. Should I cut before it's too late, or is it possible to reduce fat and keep bulking for a while? My goal is about 75kg (165lbs).

Sorry for bad English, I'm retarded.

Hey Veeky Forums, got good news. I'm dieting, working out, things are going good in terms of losing weight and gaining some muscle.

However! My poops are dry and hard. Going over all the information online it looks like maybe there is too little fat in my diet. I'm already trying fiber and more water but it isn't helping very much.

Any recommendations for incorporating healthy fats into my diet?

Outline your average diet per day
What is your routine?

No problem! Diet: Breakfast varies but is usually something from oatmeal, protein bar, or protein shake. Lunch and dinner are usually ham sandwiches (100g of ham + 90 cal bread) or homemade taco salads (93% hamburger + seasoning) with velveeta shreds. Sometimes I go out for Chipotle, Jimmy Johns / Subway, things like that.

I also take multivitamin and a fish oil pill. All drinks are zero calorie. Mix of soda, water, and powerade zero,

Workout is mostly 20 minutes stair stepper + 10-20 additional minutes of bike or elliptical. I weight lift with a trainer twice a week. I need to increase my weight lifting frequency but I'm in a good weight loss groove with the stair machine. I try to do the stair machine 3x a week. I also do a little on my weight lifting days.

Recomp, eat at a slight deficit but keep your proteins up. As long as the deficit is not too big, you should be fine. Expect slower progress in lifts though.

> Sometimes I go out for Chipotle, Jimmy Johns / Subway
Cut this down
Start making tupperware meals; chicken, brown rice and broccoli triumverate works.
>Mix of soda, water, and powerade zero
Drink only water out of these. How much are you drinking at the moment? Drink more.

I know it sounds too simple but literally drink more water, or whole milk/soya milk.
You also need more soluble fibre. Look it up.