What do people actually do all day?

What do people actually do all day?
Im 26 now and i feel like im wasting my life away, but i dont think anyone seriously does anything else.
This isnt a "lol im playing so much video games, how can i stop and do something that society says is productive like instruments and langauge instead" thread.
I would fucking love to enjoy games to a degree again where i can play 10 hours a day erry day and never get bored. But i dont.

When i look at adults in my family or adults i know, i dont even udnerstand how they fill the hours. They dont fuck around on the internet, they have no special hobbies, they probably just watch tv ??

So what do you ACTUALLY do all day? Im just watching dumb streams, read dumb shit, watch tv shows and anime... and its boring by now.
I really dont wanna hear how you learn a langauge and play instruments or lift unless you do that shit 5+ hours a day and really feel the need to tell people that.

i dont fucking know man

How about work

I know that feeling, I have so many things I could do that would be productive as well, but it's too hard and it all feels pointless anyway, I would rather just waste my day browsing the internet doign nothing.

this and also you can try smoking weed, watching series and playing games will be lil bit more funny, but dont expect miracles

Meditate and become aware of the misery of the world,vanish your ego,become better.

>Meditate and become aware of the misery of the world
no thank you

find something you love academically that pays well enough to survive, and do it. you'll find yourself filling your free time with things related to your discipline of choice. after you study / work you'll have so little time left in the day, even if you spend it playing vidya you'll still have been productive.

That only fills up 40-50 hours a week

i've noticed the same thing, user
turns out, everyone is lazy as fuck
if you have ANY productive hobbies, then you're better than most people
and by productive, I mean you make something
cooking, coding, art, carpentry, fucking LEGOs, just do anything that creates something rather than just enjoying other's creations will set you apart

Typical weekday for me

>wake up around 530
>gym by 6
>come home shower, eat brekky, pack lunch, and get ready for work by 730
>at work by 8-830
>leave work at 17-1730 unless I'm doing OT then it's more like 19-1930.
>run errand after work if needed. (Out of x item, go to store to buy)
>normally get home by 1800, get out of work clothes/shower, lounge in my hammock and listen to a podcast for a bit
>if monday or thurs play volleyball, if Wed go rock climbing, if Friday lead night hike group.
Otherwise
>work on hobby if I got home early enough. (Just picked up wood burning)
>make/eat dinner by 20-2100
>sleep by 2200

OP it took me years of just fucking around and not doing much other than work to really get around to doing things that fill my days up in a healthy way. I got rid of my TV about 5 years ago and I can truly say that's when things turned around for me. All of a sudden I had to entertain myself, not just click a button and waste away the time. It really helped me realize what I wanted to value in my life.

Also, the best part of volleyball league days is going out with the team for pregame beers and shooting the shit. Plus if you're in co-ed league there's always hot chicks. Ha

I hope this helps you out. We're all gonna make it bro.

let's get real
168hrs a week
>40hrs work
128hrs a week
>8hrs sleep a night including tooth brushing and laying in bed complaining about the alarn
72hrs a week
>average an hour in the gym daily
65hrs a week
>cooking, 1hr a day
58hrs
>shopping, traveling to the store and work every day
51hrs
>showering, combing hair ect
48hrs
>toilet
47hrs
>cleaning, about 15hrs in total seems average for men
32hrs

you only have to fill in 32 hrs a week, that's less than 5 a day

an hour in the morning watching and reading news over breakfast before work

oh look, 4 hrs a day

you can watch a movie

2hrs a day

When you get a job you'll realize there are not enough hours in the day really

>When you get a job you'll realize there are not enough hours in the day really
Idk about that. I average about 46 hours a week, and I still don't have much to do when I get home. Not OP btw. Typically I go to the beach or surfing after work if I've got nothing better to do.

i do have a job and still there is too much time.
also i dont clean 2 hours every day kek

26 as well.

I was doing fine until 24. Graduated college, had a good job and a gf. Then I decided to join the Army, and since then, it's just been a nightmare of incompetent recruiters and disappointment.

These days I spend an hour eating, an hour reading, three hours on Veeky Forums, an hour lifting or running, and sleep about 12 hours a day. People are worried about me but it's too late to turn back now.

Happy birthday, Veeky Forums.

what the fuck lol, why would u do that

Because all my friends were getting fat and getting stuck in pointless office jobs to pay for their wives and sofas, or turning into women and making jewelry shaped like vaginas. I got a glimpse of a world full of tedium and hardship and boredom and discomfort and fear and said shit, I want a piece of that.

I can't go back to LabCorp now, knowing a life with some context exists.

lmao so u had GOOD job and gf, but u wanted some hardship and discomfort -->> so u sleep 12h a day and do nothing now, k

Work 8-12 hours a day. Go home and write code or go lifting. If I'm lucky I get a day off and can sleep for 10-12 hours. Afterwards I buy groceries and wash my clothes. Also I read mango for 1hour, when I have a day off and watch anime.

It's been a slide into the recent lockup. I had the gf for a year, I kept working until about six months ago, kept playing sports until three months ago. It all just got kind of pathetic. I still feel like I'm accomplishing more than I was filling out reports on paint and stool samples.

>i dont think anyone seriously does anything else

Until you talk to them and find out almost everyone is constantly moving and doing things.
The people that just sit around inside their homes all day and do nothing for years are fucked in the head.

Educate yourself you mongoloid

A couple of issues with this, but I like how accurate it is for the most part

>>average an hour in the gym daily
General population does 0 hours, most casual lifters do ~3.5 (think stronglifts). I do 6x per week at an hour a session and as a natty, that feels more than enough.

>>showering, combing hair ect
>3 hours
Grooming shouldn't take that long. A shower a day is 10mins x 7. A low maintenance haircut is a few mins per day, 1.5 hours per week tops.

>>cleaning, about 15hrs in total seems average for men
Too much. I dedicate a morning to it per weekend (~4-5 hours) and maintain during the week (10 mins per day). So 5-6 hours per week. I live alone, so drop 2-3 hours off that if you're in a relationship with a well-trained woman.

The rest is accurate.
Chuck in 20 x 7 mins per day for breakfast for +2 hours (You are eating breakfast, right user?).
-1.5hrs on grooming, -3.5hrs on gym, -10hrs on cleaning.

45 hours per week, or 6.5 hours per day.

>When you get a job you'll realize there are not enough hours in the day really
Heartbreakingly true. I've run the calculations myself before and my day leaves 2 hours per evening free if I want to stay well-rested. My weekends, minus shopping and chores, are otherwise free though.

You have a few years on me, but id say you should, do maby like 3 hours of physical activities a week, Get some people to hangout with, maby try something like learning how to cool(i mean like really good) that sort of stuff. It takes up time, and im not sure about you but i enjoy it. Gl man

This.

Autists like me have often underestimated just how much stuff a normie actually has going on in their lives. Normally they have 5-10 close friends they are constantly going out to do random shit with or even just ordering pizza nevermind all the texting/phoning eachother whatever. Normally a gf/be in the picture too.

What people like op need is three things

>a job
>friends
>a gf

Then you will be constantly having new experiences and always planning shit.

Forgot to add throw in a hobby (can be anything really) and a physical activity like running/cycling and you will have a full life.

Yo guys what does it mean when a girl doesnt reciprocate on a fist date (ie doesnt kiss you if you go in for one) but then texts you apoligising after the date has finished?

Ive been on three dates in my life which have always turned out bad.
This has happened to me every time. I have an good time, go in for a kiss at the end of the night, she makes up some excuse like "hurr durr not on the first date" and then goes home and texts me within a day or so apologising for it saying something along the lines of
>sorry about last night, bla bla bla, it was standoffish of me etc etc
and then never go on a date with me again.

Are they just doing it to make themselves feel better about using me for attention/leading me on or is it because they genuinely are sorry?

I have always lived by the mantra of trusting how people act, not what they say, especially with women, so im leaning towards the former of the two.

Something happened similarly to me last night where the girl was cool and having fun with me and asked if i wanted to smoke a spliff towards the start of the date. She was expecting me not to be able to take much and white out because i dont usually smoke weed. It turned out the other way around and she whited out and barely talked to me all night, acting pretty much zombielike. I ended up cutting the date short as i was kinda pissed that she would do this but i also realised that she was just high and obviously couldnt control how she acted to an extent. She texted me apologising this morning and i dont really know how to respond or whether to just cut her off completely.

It feels like im stuck in a 6/10 trap. Where women see enough value in me to get attention from me and go on dates, but dont want any kind of intimacy from me and as soon as i make a move they reject me. Its horrible.

Pls give advice Veeky Forums

>thinking about it this hard

1. Asking for this kind of advice on Veeky Forums is definitely an indicator.

2. You must treat these people like people, not sex prospects. If you always go in for a kiss, it always means you're only after sex and people pick up on it. If these people keep apologizing to you after dates, it's definitely something you're doing that needs to be fixed. The relationship doesn't have to be emotionally intimate, but you can at least display some interest in who they are.

For the girl at the end, I'd respond with something like "apologize for what?" You can fib and say you had fun if you want. Just ask questions and have a conversation.

What is their deal right? I applied about a month ago still waiting on stupid bitch recruiter to set the interview date so slow

Fucking awesome wallpaper breh

i'm a neet, i dindu shit all day, just fuck girls, play vidya and sleep for 12 hours

I know what you mean, when I'm not working out or at work 9-5, I'm literally looking for things to pass the time until the weekend.

I don't understand what people do all day either but I don't want to ask. I jsut go to work, come home and internet/tv

Besides work, I assume most normal people spend nights after works hanging out with their friends/significant other

But it's really weekends where I have no idea what normal people do. I assume they go to bars/parties/clubs friday nad saturday nights but during the day, what

I know you guys will call me a fag but i really like this threads. unironically make me fell better, thank you fags.

>lift monday, tuesday, thursday, friday
>play basketball 3hrs a day after gym monday, tuesday, friday
>work 3 to 12am wednesday, thursday, saturday, sunday

any free time I have between that is with my gf or some video games desu.

have to go back to school soon, kinda afraid of that.

mil time?

you work in a hospital too?

I hate it sometimes, but sometimes its so fast paced and exciting.

>plays basketball 3 hours a day

lmfao

Get a job that gives you overtime. More money and less bored time.

Apart from lifting
>Learning Romanian
>Piano
>Reading
>Studying for exams
p. Much it desu but I'm rarely bored

>only 40 hrs
>fucking underage fag.

26 here too and i feel the same way

it's boring, it got even more boring and soulcrushingly lonely when my now ex gf broke up with me
all i do now is come home from work, browse Veeky Forums, listen to music and occasionally play vidya for maybe 30 minutes before heading off to bed

Do you guys feel like you're just wasting time by coming to this site? I mean has Veeky Forums actually helped you in life?

it helped me find a Veeky Forums gf, helped, this board still reminds me of her so there's that

My typical day mon-fri
>5:30 wake up go to the gym
>8:00 get to work (work as electrician)
>6:00 get off work
>7:00-8:00 shit, shower, make dinner
>8:00-10:00 eat said dinner while watching a show with the wife or reading a book
>10:00 get ready for bed
>11:00 be asleep by this time so I can do it all over again.

Saturday I normally work till 2 or 3 then hit the gym
Sunday do all this shit I need to do aroy d the house, grocery, breakfast and lunch prep run enjoy the rest of the day

Work, school, & commuting: 70-80 hours
Sleep: 40 hrs give or take
Remainder: whatever else the fuck needs to get done

>eat said dinner while watching a show with the wife
>with the wife
here's how i can tell that you're a lot happier than we are

You're going to regret this big time.

Idk man but I am short on hours everyday. I work 30 jours a day, study psychology half time (flexible program for working student takes 4-5,5 years instead of 3), lift 3 times a week and box 2 times a week. I also cook most of my meals myself and that leaves me around 2-3 hours free time in the week which I mostly spend dating sluts or hanging out with my bros. I only sleep 5,5 hours in the week and 7 in the weekend. Spend most saturday nights going to parties and sunday night I keep open to smoke weed and catch up on animes and series I follow. I really enjoy gaming but literally have no time if I want to keep my work, studies, health and social life up to par.

I was like you till a year ago (24) Wasting away most days trying to sleep as muchas I can just to let the day go past faster. Being miserable and not enjoying anything. You really have to start just doing things that you always wanted to do but couldn't be arsed to do. If you keep living like this you might aswell kill yourself.

30 hours a week*

>spends his time going to parties, dating, friends, etc
>insults others

>work 30 hours per day
You're crazy bro

Telling the truth isn't insulting someone.

Like I said I was a miserable cyborg till 24 and even morbidly obese till 20. Even was homeless for a few months. If I can turn around my life with no outside help everyone, that isn't mentally ill or retarded, can. Not trying to insult, just saying to not give up hope and try, just try. Took me over 30 tries to become a happy individual. Idk where I got this from but I say this phrase everytime to myself when I want to give up or try something I failed at before. Past failures do not determine future succes.