This is the deepest I can squat without raising my heels or falling backwards...

This is the deepest I can squat without raising my heels or falling backwards. It's better with weight and weights under my heels, I can go all the way down, but I'm still leaning forward. What do, I know for sure it's not my hamstrings or hips or whatever, I can kick above my head and touch my knees with my head standing. I just have bad ankle mobility.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Powerlifting-Shoes-Heavy-Training-Weightlifting/dp/B01M8OHGP2/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1506869680&sr=1-7&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=weightlifting shoes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf

kys

>I just have bad ankle mobility.
it's almost like you should work on this, sad sack

knees forward and out, you're not skiing

not bad, atrocious
you should stretch your ankles every fucking day
unless you broke both of your ankles at a young age, what is wrong with you?

this is actually rare OP, mobility this poor is not normal even for somebody who has never performed any exercise.

You answer your own question, just google ankle mobility you fucking idiot

how the fuck do you even walk

Lolwut
My mobility is pretty shit but i can almost reach parallel
Btw you should shove your knees out and put your feet more apart

fuck off
I had feet surgeries for club feet as an infant which really limited my ankle mobility.
I walk normally. I even did karate and kickboxing and had no real problem with the stances.
I stretch my ankles before squatting but it never makes any difference.

you have the flexibility of a 95 year old

If you stretch before squatting and still only make it that far I think I'm going to have to tell you to switch to something else. Buying some weightlifting shoes with high heels might help a bit, some go to around 1.5 inches, but it might be futile for you.

I can unironically, and literally, sit on the floor with no issue

mobilitylets will never recover

Are those khakis?

Try it in some shorts or sweatpants and see if you can do better.

I can do all the way down with weight + plates under my heels though, it's just I lean forward.

>I can’t swiat below parallel
>pic related

have you tried taking your fucking khakis off retard?

It's the same in any pants, those are chinos actually and they aren't that tight.
read

can we see it from the front? is probably right, it looks like your knees are what's causing the problem

If that's the case get these and keep working on your ankle mobility.

amazon.com/Powerlifting-Shoes-Heavy-Training-Weightlifting/dp/B01M8OHGP2/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1506869680&sr=1-7&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=weightlifting shoes

I have the mobility but not the proportions to do so, you must have pretty long femurs

Doesn't leaning forward fuck up your back? Anyway the weight really does help, it creates a counterbalance. Perhaps I should switch to low-bar or front squat? BTW my left ankle seen in the pic is worse. Right has better dorsiflexion but is dragged down by the left a bit. Sadly it causes some pain in the right knee due to bigger pressure.

>I just have bad ankle mobility
you have no idea what you're doing

Strap boards to your feet.

I dunno, man. Maybe use the squat press to isolate your glutes really specifically. Might be a case of complete noass.

?

lrn2squat fgt

Id say you should consult a professional you aren't gonna get anywhere talking to us

Not as long as you have a neutral spine. You're supposed to lean forward for lowbar.

try squatting with legs very wide

Try to lift your toes up off the ground when you're going past this form you're at right now. You don't have to actually lift them, just try to do the action. Push through your heels. Also deload until your form is better.

I do have a neutral spine, just like on the pic, but I really lean forward a lot to compensate for the ankles. Almost parallel to the ground.

Widen your stance, I've never seen a human being with as bad proportions as you've been given outside of form demonstration videos.

You should absolutely not be able to squat with your feet anywhere near each other due to the length of your femurs.

Whenever I hear people say that they lack ankle mobility I know they don't know what they are talking about.

The entire movement is done on your heels, your ankles will not be moving at all.

Bend at the knees and the hips.

These threads are the reason I still browse Veeky Forums. There are people with as bizarre issues as I do.

that's why I was telling him to learn to squat, learning how to deal with long femurs is basic shit and only a retard has those proportions and whines about ankle mobility.

t. long-femured assless chap

I'm honestly not much better in terms of ROM with bodyweight squats but with lifting shoes and more than 60kg on my back I don't have issues hitting depth.

How do you shit

On your tippy toes?

standing plopper

what the fuck are you doing bend your knees

by ankle mobility, they mean dorsiflexion, dorsiflexion is a key feature of squatting

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about at all stop giving advice

This is in a very wide, sumo-like stance.
Yeah with a considerable weight I have much less of a problem. Another thing is shoes, just any shoes give me better mobility than barefoot.
>bad proportions
b-but aren't long femurs aesthetic at least

You're gonna have to post some pics, lots of times people think this when they lowbar but they end up being about as much as you should when lowbar.

>fedora

its called practice you fucking dweeb

When streching your ankles does your foot collapse outwards? I don't know how to explain it better but if when you strech you go around the bone it won't help no matter how much you stretch.
Kelly Starret has a good video on this.

>fedora
What did he mean by this? I just pulled some black cap on my face so that it's not visible.

>Here's my son's room, he's quite the fitness enthusiast ...

kek

>b-but aren't long femurs aesthetic at least
yeah, overall you don't want to be some short-femured squat-monkey. But you have to confront the reality that you're never going to be able to lift as much as people with stumpy monkey leverages.

Also keep your knees out. Fuck, just watch some youtube videos OK?

holy shit

i'm gonna burst

Holy fucking kek

oh god

top kek

I can tell that you're feet are way too close together for your body type, try spreading out a bit.

I feel like everyone idiolizes the ass-to-grass style olympic squat but those dudes are built differently then you. Long torso and short femurs and you're like the opposite so you can barely even get low and have to bend at the hips a lot more.

i can shit on the floor with no tissues

How are people so stupid? Do you have a fucking brain dude?

USE A CHAIR OR COUCH OR OTHER ITEM TO HOLD ON TO AS A SUPPORT WHILE YOU SQUAT DOWN. It'll be hard but it will get easier, eventually you will master the movement and will no longer need to hold a support. This is how obesefucks learn to squat once they lose some weight as they've never done the movement before.

I have similiar problem. I just spread my legs a little bit more, twist toes outside and place small plates under my test. It helps.

Can you do it holding onto something? I have a huge belly and dyel body, so when I squat I can go deep with upright torso without falling back, if I'm pulling myself to the front I can go ATG with upright torso

!!OP READ THIS!!
My friend had this problem albeit to a lesser degree.

Get a foam roller. Stretch out your calves daily. Dynamic and static, and roll them afterwards. I imagine you've done a lot of running

at least you're not alone with your limited mobility

It's your fucking ankles and/or calves you retard.

stretch, retard

Can you even sit down on a chair?

point your toes out maybe?