Fit

fit

I need a new hobby that isn't just picking up metal and placing it back onto a rack. What hobbies do you guys have? I'm thinking of taking up boxing.

Lifting achieves nothing I want to win trophies

>rock climbing
>skiing
>surfing
>racquetball
>running
>hiking

Not OP, how do I get into surfing? Live in FL if that matters.

Unless you're 13 or under you've left it too late to become medal worthy in any physical pursuit. Especially boxing. Enjoy wallowing in mediocrity

interesting, because Rocky Marciano didn't start boxing until age 25 and he has plenty of medals, so basically you're just wrong.

No need to go to the olympics to stay fit
Boxing make you sweat a lot, burn cals, accurate, good with your body and your positioning and most importantly it give you CONFIDENCE

What are you fucking retarded. Rocky Marciano started in the 40's before every competitor in the field was an amateur champion or an Olympic medallist. Plus Rocky was gifted great punching power.

Get longboard. The longer the better. 8ft+ for example. Practice on whitewash first or on 2ft waves. Wavestorms from costo are really great for beginners. Truly the best cardio and paradoxically a very relaxing extreme sport. I'm in west coast where I can appreciate sunsets, and can't wait to surf east coast to experience sunrises.

If you have ever skated or snowboarded, it’s the same general feel. If you have never ridden a skateboard or a snowboard, then you are fucked and probably shouldn’t even bother.

Learn how to pop up on a board. There are probably tons of videos on this. Popping up is something you’ll have to master to surf.

Surfing takes a lot of time and effort to get good at. When your learning, just don’t be a kook, don’t block real surfers and just keep at it.

>b-b-but!-
Nope, shut your stupid fucking mouth. You literally said "Unless you're 13 or under you've left it too late to become medal worthy in any physical pursuit. Especially boxing" and I proved that wrong. The reasons why don't matter. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

does the sun not rise on the west coast?

Nah bro, it's literally night time all day, every day over here. Don't believe the media.

Not over the water

You're right it's the same thing. I'm going to go win the 100m at the Olympics by beating Jesse Owens time. Enjoy being World Champion.

Mike Tyson didn't start training until he was 13 lol

Boxing is the most aesthetic combat sport

Do you actually think that Jesse Owens wouldn't win any races at all today? Even at a low level of competition? OP said he wants to win medals, not compete in the fucking Olympics.

so many people quit boxing
OP will quit
but I remain

yeah bro, permanent brain damage is aesthetic as fuck, for sure.

Or you could try something useful

Mike Tyson started boxing at the age of 12 at Tryon school for juvenile delinquents in Fulton County.

He saw the older boys fighting and thought to himself he'd like to try. The first time he fought someone punched him in the gut and he felt like he was going to puke and pass out (Tyson:2008)

It later became apparent that Mike was talented so the trainer at Tryon, Bobby Stewart introduced him to Cus.

Get your facts straight before you talk shit nigga.

You sound like the pussies that say they don't lift because it's dangerous

>mountaineering isn't useful

yeah bro, fucking aesthetic

Name one way that mountaineering is useful

>name one way being self sufficient is useful

Yep, go ahead. Please don't reply with a retarded meme picture this time though.

I just answered your question

90% of the people that train any martial art are so cringe worthy. They come on Veeky Forums and larp like they are so badass when really they roll around with another guy on a mat a few times a week.

t. Bitch