/fitlit/

What is Veeky Forums reading today?
>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

monoskop.org/images/1/1d/Bakhtin_Mikhail_Problems_of_Dostoevskys_Poetics_1984.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be black?

Dispatches by Michael Herr.

I've wanted to pick this up for some time but I'm feeling let down. It's just not clicking with me.

Trying to get through this list

About 75% finished, it's really good but the pace is pretty slow and I've come to dislike the overly dramatic expressions people tend to use, but I guess it's also part of the upper class culture during that time..

The part where Ivan talks about his views on religion was pretty mind blowing. The quote about how people are thankful to the church for their bread as if it were turned from stone before their eyes is just amazing.

What a fucking terrible list holy SHIT.

>The greatest hits of your high school reading list

Read some Shakespeare, my man. Julius Caesar is a MILLION times better than the garbage there.

>I've come to dislike the overly dramatic expressions people tend to use, but I guess it's also part of the upper class culture during that time..
It's supposed to be funny.

You read lolita in high school?

Old Veeky Forums used to have a very apparent pro-American bias, and this list was almost surely cobbled together by high schoolers, as you said.

But yes, I really see absolutely no point in spending time reading any of this when none of these would even be top 20 english language writers (except maybe Nabokov).

>I've been trying to finish this book for almost half a decade now
I have these bursts where I read like a quarter of the book but then forget to read for months on months, then I start it again. It's been over half a year since reading it, and I was at the investigation part. I love the book but I fins it hard to consistently read.

I get that, I am on the train to and from work everyday for like 2 hours total so that's what keeps up my consistency, its been about 1 or 2 months since I started.

I don't think its supposed to be funny when it happens all the time, the book has a pretty serious tone most of the time though some scenes are pretty funny.

is there a version of this, except with books that are just good audio listens and you dont need to expend loads of brainpower to graps the deeper concepts to get why the book is good?

eg:
game of thrones = good
2666 = not so good

Bros don't read this book, stay far away from finnish women. There is no competing with the BFC, even when she's "yours", she's still gonna be getting the BFC from Mikko down the block.

Just finished American Gods and got the itch to read this masterpiece again

Medetations of Marcus Arelius.

Maybe Plato if you read Diogenes too.

You can apply Sun Tzu's Art of War, the ranger handbook, and The US special Forces handbook 31-91b AND -21 to life. This will only make sense if you read the meditations.

i realize after looking at that booklist more thoroughly that some of those are just good stories... i just remember gatsby in HS being like this is kinda not that great a story but we spent so much time discussing little shit like 'what the green light in the fog across the lake represents' or wtf ever. when im driving i dont have time to scour for those things and then figure out what they mean on the fly

My brother is marrying a finnish girl? Do I give him this as a gift ?

The fact that he has spoken to a Finn booty is a gift from gott

Nowadays finnish women are like all western women. You would be better of looking to the east.

What kind of a fucking cuck writes a book like that

He's not even finnish, he's fucking jewish (suprise!)

Fuck off ree

Never read it before. The manifesto bits are drawn out, but the story itself is pretty good.

Want to go to grad school for early childhood development, a mentor told me this was a good one to keep have under my belt.

It's also helping me to understand and articulate some of the neuroses and emotional baggage instilled by my parents' haphazard parenting style that have commandeered what should have been a healthy and pro social development.

nobody take this bait

>bait

Exactly what do you think is bait here, friendo?

The part about Jesus and the Inquisition I really enjoyed, but I just dislike Alexey as the main character. I get it, he is supposed to be the benign antithesis to his brothers, but I would rather have Ivan as a focus.

>inb4 fuck that cheeky bitch Smerdjakoff

I am currently reading Joyce's "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man". It is pretty gud.

Well of course it is a matter of interpretation, but it is fairly common for Dostoevsky to be interpreted humorously, if you are compelled to laugh (and I know I was) it is indeed funny, the very serious tone makes the contrast of tonality even funnier.

Kierkegaard, another writer many fail to see the humor in because it is generally regarded as "serious literature" (and the presence of humor somehow means the abscence of seriousness to many)

Back at home this year, so gonna start commuting to uni, so hopefully I'll get into the rhythm again.

Note that Mikhail Bakhtin also recognized the strong humorous element in Dostoevsky, he is perhaps the most famous Dostoevsky scholar of all time!

monoskop.org/images/1/1d/Bakhtin_Mikhail_Problems_of_Dostoevskys_Poetics_1984.pdf

>Phil (((Schwarzmann)))

cant believe /pol/ is getting to me

Fountainhead is better and more concise. Some philosophy just more condensed

The Primal Blueprint

B L E A C H E D

This one never ends friend. More and more of (((them))) will start to become obvious. Of course once you are aware of something or are looking for it, you will find it, but it occours all too often for a group which comprises less than 1% of the world's population.

lol this dude looks like hes being held hostage

Someone left a dollar in it.

Rereading this, in hype for his next book coming out October 3rd

Favourite author, got me into detective novels

I'm not saying there is no humor in the book, there are pretty often funny moments or somehow ironic passages however I personally don't like the way some of the characters adres each other (or themselves) in the overly cortious dramatic way the often do, even if it is intended to be funny.

Been on this for a few months man. We're gonna make it, /fitlit/ bro.

Hahaha, that little bastard right. Anyway I agree Alexei is a bit of a cuck. I'm not completely done yet but his whole romance scene with the letter and his declaration to that wheelchair girl (forgot her name, lisa? Was it?) seems to have been completely pointless so far

Personally, I find his whole presence in the canon to be somewhat questionable (as did Nabokov) as his writing really reminds me of the immature Goethe more than anything.

Note that I cannot read Russian.

The Essays of Michel de Montaigne

The guy is pretty entertaining in his 'on cannibals' essay.

>what the green light in the fog across the lake represents'
a new facebook message

I'm reading Lolita.
>so far now boners but a few close calls

doing this right now. started Thucydides a few days ago, but I don't have too much time with work and all.

this is not uncommon that the hero of a story is the least interesting character, go back to Paradise Lost as noted Satan has all the best lines.

>GOAT barging its way through.

no women, no coherent plot, lot's of pseudo scientific nonsense and heaps of latent homosexuality and still the GOAT.

t. burgerclap

This is correct

Just started Gravity's Rainbow. I like it so far

How can you like that (literal) shitshow ? I gave it 300 pages and it was pure agony.

Finished Isaac Asimovs iRobot. I really like his expressive ability. And the philisophical implications within his fanciful stories. Found the inspiration I was looking for to help with some missing plot points in my own works

how come black guys always get the ugly white girls whereas white guys always get the cute black girls. it's not fucking fair.

Everywhere the Jew goes he must also spread race mixing propaganda. You've seen Finland, you've probably seen Sweden. Here's Germany.

because black men get the ugly trailer trash that white men don't want, while white men get the qt black girls who don't want a ghetto hood rat.

Yuck! Manlets.

I'm like 60 pages away from finishing this book. Not bad senpai. I love pretty much any scene with Ivan or Smerdyakov; especially liked when Ivan compared faith to extradimensional geometry.

>mfw I realize Ivan is actually the most ridiculous brother

>tfw /pol/ is always right

>greatest hits of your high school reading list
>read some Shakespeare instead

It's fucking good

>What is "arms length"?
>HELP!
Kek

Finland is 98% white population today though, its nothing like Sweden or Germany. The kike who wrote that book doesn't live in Finland, he's probably in America but trying to sabotage Finland because he found out how white our population is and got triggered.

>high school Veeky Forums

So impressed.

Once your Jewdar has been fixed, the radar will never malfunction again. It's a curse to be able to recognize Yiddish and Hebrew names at first sight, because you will daily come across dozens of propaganda sources and always notice the writer of the article or whatever it is, is Jewish. 99% of the time.
We fucked up bad by not siding with the Germans, they tried to save us and we doomed ourselves and the whole world...

no homo

>Starter kit
>Lol like I did that shit in High school it's so basic its like you're a beginner or something LMFAO

On a completely unrelated note what is your IQ?

>Finngolia
>White

Dimitri is the main character of the trilogy, m8. Dostoyevsky mentioned it in his letters. He just died after writing the Brothers.

Diary of A Great Sinner is actually about dimitri.

I listen to audiobooks while I am in the subway. It helps to cope with the hollowness of daily workplace

14/88 we need to intervene to save our white girls

Are you retarded?

It's a starter list, not supposed to be impressive.

similar to my book, How to finish a merry girl

Enjoy

The Warrior Diet

pretty interesting

W-what makes you say that senpai?

You have to be “in the mood” for dispatches. Its a great book but its very niche in its writing. I recommend watching a few vietnam movies like apocalypse now then reading so youre in the mood for some vietnam shit

Currently reading solzehnitsyn, gulag archepelgo volume 1. Is fucking great. Make you hate communism on a whole new level

So fucking pretentious. KYS

The Memoirs of Count Boruwlaski, an autobiography written by a court dwarf In the 17th century. Its wordy and tedacious, but interesting despite all that.

Kingkiller chronicles have an exceptional narrator but the book is subpar, and Brandon Sanderson does good fantasy and uses Micheal Kramer who is a great narrator imo

>if you read Diogenes too.
Diogenes didn't have any published writings.

Pic related, its strange but good so far

This is good stuff, I loved Antigone

>Michael Herr
tss why not Michelle Him or sunptin

gassing jews

Let me rephrase that
>burgerland high school Veeky Forums

This is actually pretty great. What do you think so far?

I'm reading this for the millionth time. It's my go to comfy book.

I listened to the invisible man on audio books
Really good

Switch "Of Mice and Men" with "East of Eden." East of Eden is a great read, and one Steinbeck's best book, imo

Read mice and men but I'll check out eden of the east
If you have a PDF it'll help out alot
> need to do this list to

I'm well desensitized to the gay stuff well before I read it.

I have a hard time with Cut-up Burroughs, but I thoroughly enjoy crackpot/occult/metaphysical Burroughs.
So, I end up enjoying his early and late stuff a lot more.

Master and Margarita is nice, but the second half of the book is always fuzzy in my mind. I should give it another go.

>if you didn't read a high school level book while in high school, you can never read it
That is how dumb you sound.

also stay jelly 3rd worlder

Stop bullying me
I tried to read this list but the crying of lot 49 was to complicated for me to understand so I'm starting from the beginning

>tfw just finished brothers karamazov

Catcher in the Rye is trash. Skip it.