Is this the most universally hated lift?

is this the most universally hated lift?

no, that goes to lifting yourself up out of bed

no, it's a fantastic lift when some cardiobunny with a nice ass is doing it in front of you

I hate it a great deal

Just front squat

No, squats

It is literally my most disliked lift.

I fucking hate them.

But I can't stop now because of sunk cost fallacy.

I hate bulgarian split squat more, but my quads responds to it beautifully so I just keep doing them

Fuck lunges

That's not deadlift

never have and never will do this dumbass exercise

fight me

Wrist extensions.

When was the last time you saw someone working extensors?

>hating deadlift

Never gonna make it.

My least favorite lift is finding a reason to want to live every day

>not doing barbell wrist curls in the squat rack

lat raises although that may just be me personally. i go from being the alpha chad curling 40 to the beta faggot lat raising 15s. i'm too embarrased to do them most of the time so i never improve

>not living for your gains
>not living for Christ
not gonna make it

I thought I was the only one who hated doing lunges.
Going down isn't a problem but getting up is the pain, and my joints always crack like pop rocks during them, and coming up my balance is so bad it feels like I'm balancing on a tightrope. I can never do a set of 10 per leg, I have to make it something like 10-16 total so 5-8 reps per leg and with less weight than I can handle on fucking lateral raises. Not to mention to do them near the dumbbells means I have to do them in a space about the size of a phonebooth because of people to the sides and coming across from behind and ahead, unless I want to be like one of those Chads who takes up an entire section of them gym just to do fucking lunges. I usually ask myself what's the point when squats and deadlifts do everything that I need much easier.

I've considered Bulgarian Split Squats but my balance is ridiculous for that and when I do them at home I feel so awkward trying to get my leg up on my chair that I can only imagine the looks I would get trying them at the gym. I've toyed with the idea of getting a light dumbbell set for home to do things like that.

I hate lat raises a lot lot more. Since in my program I have to do 2 supersets with them. 5sets of 15 reps. Also hate rear delt flyes a lot, I feel like a weakling, I have to do 5 x 15 too and even 4kg takes a shitload of effort

That workout is good for your glutes so you wont get anterior pelvic tilt

Bulgarian split squat or fucking shrugs, even when I feel a burn and pump in my traps, it never feels like I'm doing shrugs correctly

nah, backstep lunges are

I hate lunges so much I've removed them from any routine they were ever in, I don't care how well they work. None of my lifts have stalled anything out of the ordinary since and I feel like there are enough exercises out there to justify not doing one you hate. I'm all for discipline and steeling yourself sometimes but there comes a line, and I draw that line at doing weighted lunges.

>being embarrassed to lift light weights

>calling himself a chad

fucking pussy ass nigger

My hands give out before my legs. How do I fix this?

Work on grip strength, I just added heavy farmer's carry to the end of my back days, and it worked like a charm, forearm aesthetics are cash

Lateral Raise improvement is slow that's just the way it is
Don't cheat the ROM, deload and do more reps if you can't get full ROM

I hate them because a combination of APT and tight quads makes it fucking impossible to stay upright and do the exercise right.
The quad starts pulling, my pelvis tilts foward, and the leg that's fucking supposed to be resting ends up doing the work, while the 'active' one gets an embarassing half-intensity rep.

I keep doing the exercise in the hope that the constant pulling on my quads is going to stretch them to the proportions of a non-handicapped human being.
But it never does.
It never even improves.
Fuck APT.

Lunges feel like shit when you carry the weight by your sides. Basically with each lunge you also need to resist the swinging of the weight and grip tight.
Lunges with a curl bar or barbell is shitty because if you fail with a curl bar and need to drop it'll break the back of your lower leg. If you use a barbell, you have to balance a super long bar on one leg and that sucks.

Once you get used to doing front racked KB lunges, you will stop hating lunges so much. Your upper back is highly engaged but you arn't having to balance a long barbell or prevent heavy weights from swinging.

yes

>all of you phaggots hating on lunges
Maybe you DYECs should do more cardio. On the bright side, lunges gives you some THICC glutes for the slutes.
>But cardio kills gainzzz
shut the fuck up.

The first time I did heavy db lunges, my ass and thighs were sore for like 4 days. Ass doms is no joke

Squats

Deadlifts.
Hands hurt, body is tired. I do them once a week and I hate it everytime.

>Lunges feel like shit when you carry the weight by your sides
This.

Except I do my lunges with these in between my shoulders rather than kettlebells.

Also Lunges are great. I love doing hiking sometimes and its a great way to build up some of that muscle strength going up hills when you aren't getting out enough.

As someone with long ass femurs Squats are living hell, lunges not so bad

Dropped squats for trap bar deadlifts at a deficit, never going back

Squats, pretty sure i need lifting shoes. If i squat ATG i fuck my back

Pussy

How dare you

lat raises arent meant to be performed with heavy weight, dingus

>LITERALLY lifting for a Jew

fuck off its a great exercise

One leg vertical leg press is a good substitute but most normie gyms won't have them

>I'm not going to do OHP since I can only do 37.5kg for reps, instead I'll do more DLs since I can do 120kg for reps.

I too had problems balancing myself with dumbbells, now i do them unironically at the smith machine and it's much better.

>ctrl f "dips"
>0 results

C'mon guys, I can't be the only one right? Right?

barbell rows

>"going down isnt a problem"
wow no shit genius

yeah it triggers the president and conservatives whenever they see an athlete do it

kek

If I do squats do I have to do lunges too?
I don't really hate them they just feel very wrong for my knees

weak faggot
just stop now

You bring shame on all cardio people, go

I unironically enjoy lunges more than squats

You mean the wrist rack?

You're not the only one, when I do dips I feel like my clavicles are going to pop off and shoot into the sun.

I did some fucking wrist extention unintentionally on the saturday workout, now I can't hold my coffee mug.

Reps for Jesus!

>OHP
>37.5kg for reps
Are you fucking stalking on me?

>be recovering skelly
>fall for the "cardio is bad" meme
>cardiovascular system gives out before muscles during lunges
Yeah, I hate them.

As a fencer (epee), how can I improve my lunge with exercises that don't eliminate my knees?

My old coach swore by split squat. Did that shit daily.

>just do a quad dominant exercise instead of a flute dominant exercise

Post how much you can split squat anons. 22kg DBs for 3x5 here.

cut those finger nails breh. nice sabre, though

my bro that was in a fencing club and competed in a few tourneys told me strength is actually a factor in fencing since you can overpower people or some shit

any thoughts on this?

>flute dominant exercise

What did he mean by this?

It's definitely mine due to a fucked up knee but I focus on other ways to get my leg gains that don't suck for me so much so it's all good.

I use them to finish off leg day I'll grab two dumbbells and just do lunges down my yard and back

i dont know "active romantic and social life" kills me. never hated myself the most when i was hangout out with sluts and faggots i never liked.

Checked. Also are you me user? I have meet all the criteria save the "active romantic and social life" bit. And yea, I feel like killing myself whenever I hang out with normies, yet, I have never felt depressed.

Strength is a factor in literally any physical activity. If you put two athletes of roughly equal skill and experience against each other, the stronger one will outperform the weaker every single time.

Fencing is largely about footwork and body position. If you increase your squat by 100lbs, you'll be able to react against the ground faster and thus move into position/change direction faster, thus making it easier for you to catch your opponent off balance.

>Strength is a factor in literally any physical activity. If you put two athletes of roughly equal skill and experience against each other, the stronger one will outperform the weaker every single time.

No, the one with better work capacity and fewer injuries will outperform someone who's stronger every time.

This is a common sense truth that is known to every single athlete on the planet. That kind of retarded half ass reasoning you're using works only on noobs and the ignorant.

Increasing strength increases work capacity unless you're being an utter mong and just doing heavy singles all the time. Even then, it'll increase your work capacity a little for submaximal effort.

Injuries aren't really a controllable factor, but insofar as they are, stronger people are generally less likely to get injured in the first place.

Take the dick out of your mouth and you might actually think through what you're typing. Or you can continue to suck, I guess. It's your life.

>Increasing strength increases work capacity up to a certain point.
Which is low as fuck.
You're either a new lifter or a lazy fat ass who thinks their low tier powerlifting workouts is all you'd need for work capacity.

You step on any goddamned field in any sport on the planet with only max strength behind you and you'd get outright motherfucking embarassed and sent home injured.

Do sled pushes/drags, reverse hypers, bulgarian split squat with bands.

How to increase work capacity without boring steady state cardio?
My gym p small and working out outside not an option, winter is be here soon

You're either a weekend warrior who's never touched a weight in his life who thinks his MUH FUNCTIONAL TRAINING makes him better than someone who just fucking lifts and does appropriate conditioning on the side or.. nah that's the only option I can think of really.

But go ahead and tell us how you were first draft NFL with a sixty inch vertical and graduated from the navy seals with over 300 confirmed Olympic medals. I'm sure someone will believe you.

Do you know what work capacity is?

Look work capacity is basically building the endurance to perform certain activities for long periods of time.

Basic Interval training. Not hiit, most people here don't have the endurance or clean bill of health needed to do that without injuring or killing themselves.
It can help build a base of really good anaerobic strength and help build a good aerobic base.
But the aerobic endurance benefits peak and stall really hard. Meaning you're going to have to do, say it with me, LISS.
It's to build aerobic endurance beyond what can be built with basic interval training or, if you have the base of health already, true HIIT.

Circuit training and tabata bodyweight stuff will do wonders for your muscle endurance and anaerobic capacity.
Aerobic capacity will be shit though.

High rep moderate weight lifting builds immense strength endurance and work capacity overall. It also changes your muscles so that they can hold more glucose so that you can work better at it. Ever wonder what the pump is all about and why bodybuilders and sprinters and people who do high intensity medium and low time efforts muscles look so full compared to pure powerlifters or pure endurance people?

Look at your keyboard. What is located next to key "F"?

Dude, that you have to add in all of this bulslhit about "appropriate training on the side" means that you know fucking well that you're a motherfucking moron and that you're full of fucking shit.

Even fucking weekend warriors know that you're a goddamned retard.
Peak strength on it's own does not increase your work capacity to an appreciable degree and the one with better work capacity will outperform the person with peak strength and nothing else every time.

That's my point. That's what I'm saying.

I have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
Are you saying that weekend warriors are equal to people who train like athletes or something? Because the average weekend warrior will say that you're stupid.

a-user... so you want the D?

My dude whenever I see someone wrist curling in the squat rack when there's no others available I ask them to go fuck around elsewhere, if they refuse i become extremely annoying and stand right in front of them and stretch or something while their working and I don't give a fuck.

Same here, most likely poor ankle mobility but I'd rather buy lifters than train my fucking ankles for half a year before being able to squat properly without them.

Underrated

Clever

>2017
>not doing Starting Saxophone
>skipping flute day

Never going to make it.

You've never done it to me before, you pussy.

Fuck

>alpha chad
>curling 40
Please tell me you mean kg

This

Every fucking day I have to drag myself out of bed at 6am for my masters program. It's either this or the military boyos

you realize they're dumbells

This is literally the funniest thing I have seen in a week. I had a crappy weekend, thanks for the serious kekks.... ;-)

>RIP Tom Petty
>#prayforLV

Every day.

See ya at bootcamp user, unless you make the cut for officers.

>any thoughts on this?
Bullshit. But since you're probably American and Americans can't do any sport without lifting weights on the side (wrist curls for those sweet chess gains) , who cares.

>If you put two athletes of roughly equal skill and experience against each other, the stronger one will outperform the weaker every single time.
Also bullshit. Max strength is useless in most sports anyway.

>If you increase your squat by 100lbs, you'll be able to react against the ground faster and thus move into position/change direction faster, thus making it easier for you to catch your opponent off balance.
Haha, no wonder you idiot Americans don't have good fencers.

Dropped lunges a long time ago, do calf raises and dead lifts instead and already do 3 versions of squat. Lunges take up far too much fucking space when I lift in my room, it's ridiculous, and feel about the most dangerous for breaking my own shit as I stomp on the ground.

Besides that it's probably hammer curls or arm rows. My upper arms are garbage.

I feel an irrational hatred towards lat raises.